A LOT to chew on about 9th edition. Everyone needs to read.....

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A LOT to chew on about 9th edition. Everyone needs to read.....

Post  squalie on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXkK1T39HI

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Cool?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:21 pm

https://guerrillaminiaturegames.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/review-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-pre-release-thoughts/

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:01 pm

here is the complete package

http://anythingbutones.blogspot.ca/2015/07/breaking-news-age-of-sigmar-leaks.html

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 am

I've quit reading the rumour threads on Warseer. Each thread has 1 or 2 good posts with actual information and then the other 900 posts are whining and arguments about what is going to be the most terrible thing about the release. I for one can't wait until Saturday so I can get my hands on the warscrolls for the existing models.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:41 pm

I thought it wasn't on shelves until the 8th

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:04 pm

The White Dwarf on this Saturday has rules (and a free fig). On the 11th, the Age of Sigmar box is out.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Well damn its been awhile. However i must say it was this thing that got me looking back at my fantasy models. Interested to see where the lizards will fit into all this. However they did open up some awesome conversion options with round bases and units no longer being confined to their base in a way so they fit in units... Wait and see i guess. My biggest concern is them making too many units from too many armies too generic but we will see. July 4th they better have some rules on that website of theirs!

Also posted at 6 pm???? its only 3pm....messages from the future!?!?

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:07 pm

And .pdf warscrolls are now available on the GW website for download. I know how I'll be spending my weekend!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:19 pm

BAM time to check this stuff out!

EDIT: OK, after looking at the lizardmen pdf and briefly the high elf pdf, it looks...interesting. im honestly not sure what to make of it, nor do i know what to make of the "formations" at the bottom of the pdfs. All i know is that second rule for the "dragon host" for high elves made me laugh for a good long while. Curious to see what everyone thinks of the new unit rules, and cant wait to have the core rules so i can read them (or are they on the GW site hidden somewhere?).

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:22 pm

long time no speak gentlemen...

So, I read through the warscrolls for Vampire Counts and I honestly do not like what I see.
Now, it's almost like reading another language as it's referencing rules and stuff that I know nothing about yet as the rules themselves aren't out yet (right?)

For VC, it's almost like the whole theme that drew me to the army is gone now. Zombies look interesting... but what's this BS with the vampire Lords gaining a "spirit possessed sword".... and no options to change it? So now they're taking away customization from the game? Oye... Still holding out for the BRB, but if this is how it's going to be....

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Well might be some bad news druchi if you're not liking what your seeing. Here's the link to the main rules http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Rulesheets/warhammer-aos-rules-en.pdf all 4 pages of it. Also pretty sure there isnt a BRB unless you mean a fluff book. All new unit rules come on cards that are like the war-cards they have on their main website pdfs. No more army books to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: so i finished reading the rules and my opinion is still hmmm. It is super simplified in my opinion. Also i did notice one thing, they mention deciding what realm the battle will take place but they dont give a list of the 7 realms.... it sounds like it only matters for very specific reasons (like casting certain spells or such) but doesnt elaborate on them very much. Is this in another book? or just on the war cards? Is this really all the core rules for this game? I have no clue.

EDIT 2: Also apparently they have a pdf for older scenery pieces http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-scenery-en.pdf Still no clarification on the whole 7 realms thing that i can see.

EDIT 3: Here's apparently the 7 realms http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/age-of-sigmar-batallions-lore-spotted.html looks like they're contained in some of the other paperwork in either the boxed set or maybe in the white dwarf (i dont have it it was sold out Sad ) Again looks like their only value to the rules is for certain special rules to apply to the game.

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:32 am

I'm continuing to build my Slaanesh army with 8th in mind and I will give the new game a legit try.

After spending all last night reading scrolls, I just couldn't put my finger on what the new game reminds me of.

Hero Clix.

Clix, is a really good game, but is this what I want out of Warhammer?  The one thing I DO like is the fact that some of the units and models I stopped using in 8th are now a viable (useable) choice.

Dragon Ogres (I like the models) were frustrating because they couldn't have a musician and their initiative sucked.  Now they can "skirmish" and init basically doesn't exist.  They even still have weapon options so...they're better!

I would now use them.  Same for the Slaughterbeast, etc.. I also like the fact that some creatures get weaker the more wounds they take. Like that a lot actually.

EDIT:  By the way Druchi, and Aaron - good to see you guys back on the site.

Last edited by squalie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:46 am

Thanks Deadly for linking that rules sheet....

This is all *too* simplified.
I mean, good on them to appeal to younger generations by making a rule set so easy to learn, but come on... I mean it's a shadow of what it was... Not even a shadow, something else...

No more points? You count models? What?!?
Okay, so I want to bring a ton of skeletons and Zombies, and my opponent will bring 100 mounted chaos lords? Maybe I misunderstood this, but I didn't see anything on how to build your army other than that... I'll have to give the game a shot, so as not to put all the money I spent (not even a year ago) to waste, but I really don't like what I see. It's *too* simple... Kno'wha'm'sayin??!?!

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:31 am

Here's the thing about the new game, it seems like there are balance issues and the lack of points is disturbing but once we start playing it I think we'll find that it kind of balances itself. Especially in a friendly game setting I Think the games will end up being fairly evenly matched. I would hate to be a tournament organizer though.

Don I agree with you, it does feel like heroclix. Gone are the days when I could sit and build armies and customize characters for hours on end. Now every dwarf lord looks the same on paper. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm hoping that this is just the basic framework and as time goes on everything is going to get expanded and fleshed out but if not, 8th edition is still as good a game as ever.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:06 pm

It DOES feel like HeroClix, and the thing that has me a little confused is that Clix is a really good game. Now, let me play with my Wizards, Dragons and Lords like Hero Clix? .....I'm intrigued.

The same thing that has me concerned is the no points thing. I DO think things like this self police in a friendly community, and there's always someone to call out douche players. It's the biggest question mark I have at this point.

SO, I have rules, War scrolls and a ton of figs. Who wants a game? Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Yeah id be down to give this a whirl if you got time. Got a bunch of lizards just chillin' lol.

Also one rumor i heard just yesterday, and this makes sense to me, is down the line GW is planning to add to this framework they've created. This is designed to be the super simple entry point into the hobby (kinda like starter set for x wing) with low model counts, being able to use whatever you got, etc). Whats kind of exciting about this is that its very feasible that they can release an expansion with points values and better army comps for tournaments and such for people who want that (just like X wing gained complexity with expansions). Another crazy rumor (which might be true since i think GW is really banking alot on this) is that its going to be Age of Sigmar releases from now till November. Lots of time for supplement rules to come out as well as some cool new figs that reinforce the new, refined, factions. But with this game plan they can bring in new players with a simple starting point build up with rules expansions and maybe even bring back some fantasy people who hate Age of Sigmar so much they stopped with GW altogether, by adding more complex and much better ruleset. Just some food for thought....

PS Also when Darren first mentioned this to me about what GW had told him he said it was a whole new game skirmish style. Then he also said that there was a bigger game planned a month or two down the line from it (however whether this was what GW told him or if he was regurgitating rumors i have no clue, but GW is smart and im sure they know there is no way they can hold an audience for long with the rules they have given without improving them someway.)

EDIT: just one thing to add, Saurus oldblood has alot of weapon options (to account for various models i suppose) Im just wondering if anyone else noticed their lords/heroes had a few options or not? i know Vamps didnt get much if anything but i didnt look too much at others. Opinions?

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Ok I am going to try and clear things up about the points amount/ model count. Barcley and myself discussed this for an hour or 2 and what we came to figure was there is no model limit and there are no "point values". You simply bring what you want. With those sudden death rules and the new the method of doing attacks I think everything will level out. I mean if you want to play with 5 demon princes well that is your right, but I guess its a matter of I see your 5 demon princes and raise you 5 greater demons? I think for this game we just need to police our own group. AoS looks like it will be a good bit of fun, and I am sure with all the great minds we have we can easily work out SOME system of restrictions and what not. I mean seriously if I plop down 50 night goblins and then you plop down 1 Nagash and then claim sudden death on me clearly I will then proceed to place every model I own and have with me down on the table. Simple policing Razz And are we actually going to play with some of these odder rules, like a Dragon Host player getting to reroll stuff if he stands in a dignified pose for his hero phase? If so I better start learning to spell stuff backwards at the drop of a hat >.>

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:41 pm

I think the odd rules will be at the discretion of the people playing. My personal fav is for Konrad Von Carstein:

One Bat Short of a Belfry: Konrad is a
violent lunatic, and his temper does little
to help his stretched sanity. If, during
your hero phase, you talk to Konrad von
Carstein, you can re-roll all hit rolls of
1 for him until your next hero phase. If
Konrad von Carstein talks back to you,
re-roll all failed hit rolls instead. Very Happy

but seriously these crazy rules would make for an awesome drinking game nvm warhammer....Beerhammer?

Deadlytoaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Regardless of your thoughts on the game rule, I actually admire GW for going THIS FAR with it. All of these rules are a choice - if you want the benefit, you have to go the extra mile.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:35 pm

I could do without silly rules such as... whoever is youngest... whoever has the longest beard. Really $#@&$#!/^&$#@. Stupidest addition to a rules Ever! Bam drops own phone and walks away

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Mhael wrote:I could do without silly rules such as... whoever is youngest... whoever has the longest beard. Really $#@&$#!/^&$#@. Stupidest addition to a rules Ever! Bam drops own phone and walks away

This.... *frantically looks for the like button*

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Haha you'll do well with longbeards Andre, that kind of attitude fits well with the "old grumblers" rule.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:16 pm

Nathan did you figure out how the organ gun and grudge thrower actually work?. I printed off some stuff but can't help feeling there are more than 4 pages to the rules

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:31 pm

I'll have to read a bit more about the war machines but I think they work like the other shooting units, just with a few more special rules.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top