A New Year In Warhammer!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Year In Warhammer!

Post  Kal on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:45 am

So its a shinay brand new year!! Or it was 6 days ago atleast. So what ambitious plans, projects or goals does everyone have this year? Army wise, life wise anything like that? Anyone plan on or wanting to start new armies or just add to existing ones? We all gonna be building more figs or painting more figs? Everyone must post something here ! tis LAW!

Personally I will NOT be starting anymore new armies... probably. I definitely plan on finishing building these Tomb Kings which are about 85% built atm, minus 15 or so Tomb Guards and a wheelless chariot. The army is already partially underway as far as paint is concerned, working on 20+ Skele archers atm, its not SUPER exciting painting bone, on bone on bone Razz but its comming along. The Chariots are going to be less fun to paint, but im not going to touch those untill i can come up with a good egyptian looking colour scheme, im thinking of going golds coppers and bronze and reds. But i MIGHT go with a purple and teal IF i can find the right colours, Im told by my girlfriend that as well as being tone deaf i am colour blind, so idk how well itll all go. Oddly enough i think its looking like Tomb King will be my first fully painted army, again ive said this many times before but i REALLY enjoy painting skeletons, idk why. But along with my Tomb King im going to get my Dwarf army underway and definitely adding more units to that army. Want to finish painting the last 10/20 of my Slayers, and Drakes. Was going through boxes and found 2 more unopened boxes of Longbears/hammerers and a few more dwarf figs on sprue so im not quite done gluing my fingers together yet. As for my neglected WoC, Im gonna stick some paint on my Crushers and Knights WHEN i feel brave enough, i wana go with a deep red metal for them, ill have to get some advice on how to do that once im ready. So yeah all that and helping with a Wood Elf army and hopefully getting more games in are my goals for 2015! We shall see how it all pans out. Very Happy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Year In Warhammer!

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Right now I don't have any big warhammer plans in the works. I've got 5 painted armies so I don't think adding another one right away is a very good idea. I have a few fun projects waiting for my attention, first off is a high elf dragonrider that may never see a game but I've got him 80% painted so I might as well finish. I also bought an avatar of Khaine statue from ebay that I think I'll paint up for fun. I've got a unit of Bretonnian mounted yeomen that needs some attention as well. After those 3 projects I think I'm going to focus on getting all my armies up to tournament readiness with display boards and touch-up paint. Maybe if 9th edition comes out in 2015 I'll have to make some changes but for now I'm pretty content with what I have.

On the non-warhammer front I've got a Flames of War British/Canadian Airborne Armoured Recce Squadron all assembled so I'll probably start picking away at painting that as well. On that same theme I'll have to start building up a collection of Flames of War terrain so I have the option to play games at my house without having to borrow terrain or use giant-sized warhammer terrain.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:15 pm

As far as painting and assembly of stuff, i only have plans to expand on my wood elves. I need some wild riders because damit they have new figs and damit they dont ride on horses anymore.... damit. Other then that maybe ad some sisters of the thorn and wildwood rangers, posibly another box of dryads and some real way watchers. ... Maybe. Other then that startung new armies doesn't look like its in the works with the new edition rumour around the corner , sell that and no army really interests me.

Non hobby stuff ? Get my passport and saveup to go on a trip somewhere outside of north amAmerica. Hopefully get lots of camping in this year, wich shouldn't be a problem my girlfriend spends her summers at the lake.

Other then that not much, just enjoy all the good changes that i made to my life in 2014 and keep em Rollin.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Nathan : First off wow 5 painted armies thats awesome, (WE, Bret, HE, DE, ? ) Secondly you know thats only 5/15 armies... now im not so good at math but thats not every army Nathan... hell in school thats not even a passing grade!? tisk tisk. U use to be cool. Dragonrider is shinay, do u have pics yet? and why won't he see a game? I SOOO want a Chaos Sorc on a Dragon throwin fireballs around Thats my next financial investment. Best Evar. Painting an Avatar of Khaine for fun? and not going to want to smash face with it? Yeah finishing up display boards and movement trays is a big speed bump that i always forget i must start doing one day lol. Canadian FoW stuff is cool, idk if i could paint that much camo and not hate myself. Plus i hear you can't mark your Canadian Troops with the Mark of Khorne so... not really seeing a point to the game? jkjk one day i will have to watch a game, see what all the hype is about. As ive warned Don before it BETTER not take you away from Warhammer time (did u see what i did there)

Dom : Are Wood Elves and Lizardmen your only 2 armies Dom? I like the idea of expanding on armies its something i should do instead of just buying new armies, that way im not stuck with the same lists that get boring. How many Dryads you rocking now? My girlfriend already has 36/49 - go tree's? Where outside North America? So you don't see your girlfriend all summer? dude, sucky. Camping, thats outside right? nono sounds like it would have crappy internet access Razz - Plus i fear bears and other woodland creatures. haha jk

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Kal wrote:First off wow 5 painted armies thats awesome, (WE, Bret, HE, DE, ? )

The 5th army is Dwarfs and that's actually the army that I started with way back in 1999.

Kal wrote:Secondly you know thats only 5/15 armies... now im not so good at math but thats not every army Nathan... hell in school thats not even a passing grade!? tisk tisk. U use to be cool.

Yes, it is only 33% of the armies in Warhammer but it is 100% of the armies I'm interested in playing/building/painting.

I don't have pics of the dragon yet but I'll see what I can do. Who knows, I might make a list that uses him someday. And no, Flames of War won't take up my Warhammer time. It's fun but I can't see it taking priority for my gaming time.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:50 pm

Great attitude Dom, keep it up for 2015!

Sean, you have an exceptional post count for someone that doesn't play games... Wink

....Anyways, I'm going to fill out my Tomb Kings (fave army), keep my High Elves on the shelf until 9th, and explore the Slaanesh Legion I have going. I'm insanely tempted by a Savage Orc army (as always) but since I have a new interest in flames of War and my 1st Polish Armoured Division, AND my British 11th armoured Division, that may be enough to cap my Warhammer armies for now.

I had probably the best Xmas season in 10 years and it's got me thinking right for 2015.

Anybody for a game?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:40 pm

No plans for building until the upheaval of end-times is over.

Sean.....next time you post.....read what you just wrote before dropping it on the net. Its insanely hard to read your posts. Next time I see you I'm gonna slap you on the head hoping I hit the reset button.

Love, Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:02 am

Nathan : I honestly don't think ive ever seen your Dwarfs take the table before, I was thinking u had Empire for some reason. U should make a list with dragons, dragons are pritty sweet doods. Speaking of which whats a good fig for a Chaos Dragon / Forest Dragon? Glad FoW will not take up any hammer time.

Don : First off Sean has been attempting to contact you for games but has gotten no answers. So ima publicly call you out BOI. Game Don? Plus me and Justin started up a D&D Campaign so he is literally the only other one in MJ i play with. But yes i do have an exceptional post count, i must be compensating for something haha. What else u gonna add to your TK? Why no HE love? Just do the friggin Savage Orc army, i think we are ALL sick about hearing about it Razz jk. But seriously everybody buy Don a box of Savage Orcs so he will just do it and get it over with. (anyone notice that this site counts ORC as a spelling error) FoW is again ok Don as long as no cut into hammer time. haha Polish army, thats a thing? What was so great about your xmas?

Carson : Your not gonna build anything? What about painting? First off Carson you love me and my posts, SECOND off there is no reset button, believe me my mother looked. I don't need to read my posts ima just spam it out on my keyboard at work and hit SEND. Now since your post was the shorted ima pick on you. What armies do you have now? U playing FoW? Why u only have those armies? U gonna get anymore? If so what ones and why? Also How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 pm

I can't wait until I see you again.

For armies I have Warriors, O&G, Empire, Undead....painted. Unpainted I have skaven, highelves, dark elves, dwarfs. FOW I have germans and Canadians.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 am

I am still running the same old Ogres/Goblins/Dark Elves. My Demons may come out to play when I get my hands on a few models I need for them, and I have a box of Brettonians that looks very sad that may be getting some attention soon.I also have a box or 2 of Savage Orc models that should be dealt with at some point.That being said I don't make plans to paint anything, I just keep picking away at models here and there. My goal for this year is to corner Don in his basement and finally get a long long LONG overdue match with him.

Also have they made a Japanese army for FoW yet?  I know they have the early war Land of the Rising sun ...whatever it is. I am not to clear on if its a fully blown army or not.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:27 am

Looks like they just have Early War stuff for Japan.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:43 am

Carson : Aww cant wait till i see you either budday! Very Happy See Nathan thats now you Warhammer - 8/15 armies now thats a passing grade. U gonna finish painting your last 4 armies? I didn't know u had Skaven, ive literally only seen you play your VC and O&G.

Frank : Always forget you have Gobbo's, its the first army i ever faced u with. What figs do your Daemons need? Ha SEE Don im not the only one that has a hard time cornering you for a game! Apparently we only get games with you if our name is Aaron. haha im so gonna end up getting hit for all this Very Happy - We should get a game sometime too Frank, 306-690-6556 - TEXT IT - Oh noes u going to the FoW side as well?

My Tomb Kings are coming along nicely tbh, im going to have to start a Army Blog for them and snap some pics.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 am

I can't even express how much I hate netspeak.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:02 am

squalie wrote:I can't even express how much I hate netspeak.

After everything that was said/asked that is your response... really? Plus where is this "netspeak" you speak of? I see abbreviations because im a busy man and I don't have time to type out everything. Hell OMG was first used like 100 years ago! Way before the net if i recall. Very Happy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:26 pm

At the moment I am reconstituting Orcs & Goblins. They have seen little daylight in the past 5 years, so I pulled them all out to do some repairs. The army needs to have a lot of bases completed and some uniform movement trays done.
After that I have another Malifaux crew to paint (Yan Lo) and a third that may wait (Gremlins).

Warhammer-wise, I am in the midst of doing some YouTube shows with a few other fellows which is sort of a 'book club' summary of the End Times stories.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGlCgOWeVG9_IZeR5QbQo-bcS-1YwD6SO
Also assisting with a google+ community of Warhammer YouTubers for painting motivation, called PMP- Painters Motivating Painters.
https://plus.google.com/#communities/117252074374119760063

Through 2014 I joined a painting challenge on Garagehammer that encouraged people to paint 2400 points over the year. With that motivation, I painted just over 4000 throughout various armies. I always have more models to paint (who doesn't), so I'll continue to spot in with some Empire, High Elves, Goblins, Skaven, Ogres, etc. through 2015.

I also hope to travel again for Warhammer in 2015. Last year I joined you guys in Saskatoon in January. Went to Calgary on a couple of occasions, and once to Vancouver for a Warhammer event. This year I might go further afield. I've been eye-balling a couple of Seattle events and one in southern California. I may even get over to England later in the year. If I do, I'll endeavor to ditch my family for a couple of days to play some Hammer on the misty island. Anyone want to join me for a road trip?

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top