Elf Legions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elf Legions

Post  nathanr on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:58 pm

I've been having fun making theoretical themed army lists but out of curiosity I made a combined list with painted models that I have.  I didn't intentionally do it but it ended up being a cavalry list:

Master on a dark pegasus with the cloak of twilight
Noble on an elven steed with star lance
Master on a cold one with 4+ Ward save Armour and the Battle Standard

14 Silverhelms with full command - Noble goes here
5 dark riders with standard and musician

9 Cold One Knights with razor standard and full command
3 Warhawk Riders
5 Wild Riders with full command
5 Wild Riders with full command

5 Warlocks
5 Warlocks
Frostheart Phoenix

Not a lot of shooting but it is fast and will hit hard.  The cold one knights are the slowest in the army with M7, everything else is 9 or better.  8 units of fast cavalry means that I can be very threatening right from turn 1 and the 2 big blocks of heavy cavalry should take the heat off of the less visually threatening wild riders and warlocks.  The frostheart adds some interesting options and the warhawk riders give me a flying screen for my pegasus rider.  The best part about this list is that I have all the models for it.  I likely won't use it much but I might have to try it out just to see how good it is.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Elf Legions

Post  squalie on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:46 pm

I didn't intentionally do it but it ended up being a cavalry list

Ya, sure. C'mon man, just own it! Just admit you like cav lists. I like fat chicks - see, I admitted that! And mine's waaaay more embarrassing than yours. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:28 pm

I have been thinking about what i would include i an elf list... to be honest i cant thinkof much dark elf stuff i would want to include. Probably just hydras because i love the fig and as far as i know they are not broken anymore. And even high elves.... maybe some sword masters or white lions. Beyond that though i dont like much of the other elf stuff. I think i would just say im using a combination army with my wood elves to get the benefits of the rules! Very Happy

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:14 pm

I hear what you're saying Dom, I had to actively try to choose units from all three books. The above list is about as close to equal representation as I could get. Maybe I should swap the master on a cold one for a wood elf character on a great stag so I have characters from all 3 armies though.

Don, I'll readily admit that I like all-cav lists. I've been playing cavalry-heavy lists for a long time now. Maybe I'm just compensating because I played Dwarfs for so many years to start out with. There's just something about a unit of knights that makes me happy.

I guess my real issue is that the non-cavalry core for elves just doesn't interest me too much. Once I had my core all mounted I figured why stop there?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:55 pm

That's cool, I'm just telling you to walk tall and proud. The strange thing is I really really like infantry lists. I was leaning towards an all foot elf army. I'd like to buy some maidens and see how they'd play out.

It really hard to drop the crutch that is the Phoenix. Awesome creature.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Just throw in a treeman instead of the frost phoenix! Not as good but about the same cost and he's on foot so it counts.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I was actually thinking 3 units of 6 Maidens of Avelorn. I think it would fit nicely.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:04 am

As they are a rare choice you'd only be able to take 2 units.  You could make a third unit using handmaidens if you wanted but 6 would run you 570 points.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top