Your God is a worthless piece of shit!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Your God is a worthless piece of shit!!

Post  Carson on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:34 am

excellent as always, eyes look alive as Don mentioned. I'd still like to see more color, especially a deep purple come out of the deeper areas then lighten up to the green.
there is just something special about the older GW figs, so much character compared to the newer stuff. well done!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 am

Still plugging away...

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:00 am

Oh my, those are excellent models. They looked a little shadowed in this picture, but the unit is looking spectacular.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 am

keep it up, don't falter on this one. It will really be a force to hang your hat on.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Thought I'd post up this dude. I did get that Nurgle Space marine unit up to 6, and am plugging away a little bit. I took a break to paint up this guy 'cause I had a few ideas I'd splash around. Just felt like I would post something. This guy will be armed with a two handed Halberd/ Great Weapon type gimmick.

Just a side note, I paint all my mini's from the ground up. This is just something I started doing way back when as I always got the comments that my boots and bases looked unfinished, rushed, generally crappy. I thought maybe it might have been 'cause I worked from the top down back then and might have run out of steam by the end. But it might have been 'cause I was way shittier at painting back then.\

One neato side effect in picking a direction and painting that way, like from the ground up, is I don't spend time with a mini in hand wondering what I should paint next. I used to sometimes sit there for maybe 10 minutes or so trying to figure out what to work on. Maybe I didn't feel like painting skin or hair, so I'd jump around. Kind of like the time I waste when I browse Netflix for a half hour. Then watch Commando again. That show rules ass!

Anyway just a post to show I still paint. I've actually been working on a bunch of stuff. Most not really worth showing. Laters!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 pm

I take it you use oils for the stains/rust runs etc. If so, where do you get yours. Ive been looking for some good ones. Great nurgly effects for sure!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:13 pm

Nope just acrylics. Rust colour is mostly a P3 colour, blood orange or something.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:52 am

That's an amazing fig - what line is it from?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Avatars of War. I think from their |Warthrone line.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Okay going forward with a Nurgle themed Fantasy force.  This one is going to be a real lesson learner for me.  I feel very strongly that my brush work has progressed light years from the last time I had a painted army as a whole to be looked at and judged.  I also feel very strongly that while my stuff looks pretty fine up close in personal at a range of 3 feet it gets lost and doesn't stand on it's own.  Further I feel that a unit of 30 guys painted to a top standard of maybe 25hrs a piece would NOT grab a painting judges attention.

So... I have to learn to paint a nice army.  My plan is to add quite a bit of colour here and there to break things up and try to catch eyes.  I plan on varying up the colour schemes on RnF mini's from one to another while keeping some common paints as a palette.  Thinking maybe one mini has a spot of pinkish skin.  Next some purple buboes etc.  I don't know how it'll work.  I'm going to try to paint a few mini's in the James Wappel style that he refers to as a shaded basecoat.  Basically I just get a rough sketch of paint on the mini and hit it all with a shading wash.  Very heavy and not discriminatory.  Go back and pick your spots to work on and get it popping.

I also put together a little chaos dwarf from Hasslefree.  Maybe to use as a unit champ or something.  I've put a small touch of conversion on the dwarf as well as a slight  VERY slight green stuff rust spot to add something to the Chaos warrior's shield.

This will be a challenge!

So just some quick preliminary shots. Not much to report. The Chaos warrior above will be my jabroni for November.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Wow, an old school Chaos Warrior. Talk about going back to Warhammer roots!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:50 pm

I'm excited to see what you do with this Scott, please don't lose momentum!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:42 pm

It's good to have you on an army build again. I'll torture you relentlessly if you fall off the wagon.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top