Your God is a worthless piece of shit!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your God is a worthless piece of shit!!

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Unless it's Nurgle! Yay Nurgle!

I'm putting a Demonic Nurgle themed army together and really happy with it so far. I'll put some pics up and outline whats going down. Mostly I realized it's non GW figs. I do not lie the new plastic plaguebearer mini's very much and hate the goddman nurglings. I got plenty of old metal Nurglings so that's covered but I am using Heresy Blights for my plaguebearers. Their cool, pics to come. Also my demonic generals don't exist yet as I'll be using the mini's form Creature Caster once their finished and shipped to me.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your God is a worthless piece of shit!!

Post  Carson on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Sounds good. There are so many other company figs that work for nurgle its mind blowing.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:33 pm

I really liked the last edition of plaguebearers but not the new ones.  Here's what I am going for.  Mini's are form Heresy, they're called blights...

So the plan is to make sure each and every day I advance the ball at least a little towards the goal of fully painted.  Even if it's only 10min putting texture on a base I will make sure something happens.  So far so good.

What I like a lot about painting Nurgle stuff (sometimes...) is that nurgley stuff really rewards simple techniques.  There isn't too much you have to worry about in getting a clean effect like on something like elven steel.  Smooth blending isn't important on 90% of the surface area vs. an Empire poofy shirt for example.  In the pics above the one in green was painted first and I spent much less time on him.  Maybe 2hrs.  The one on the left has much more work done on him that doesn't really come off as visible and took about 6hrs to finish.  Not much difference but it's more fulfilling to me to paint the way I did on the left.  Even though it's mostly invisible it seems.  And certainly nothing notably different at 3ft plus and even less likely under regular lighting.  But it feels good and I like the end product.  Fire away and C and C you like.  I do like criticism, feel free to heap it on!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:12 pm

I was waiting to see these....and you don't disappoint. Super cool, I really dig the bases. Those kind of remind me of the old plague bearers which I'm sure is what you were after.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:40 pm

I'll see if I can't get some pics up here soon but progressing well. I picked up all the washes from the company "Secret Weapon" a while back. I feel they're a decent range with lots of weird colours I find myself using just so I can say I can. Cotton Candy, Fallout, lots of weird stuff. I'd say the quality is not up to par with the GW brand washes, these are more like really dilute paint vs. the smooth product GW makes. Really like the GW stuff.

Kind of a worthless post just felt obliged to put a little something up just to say I am still chugging along.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:49 am

Good to hear that you're still chugging along. I've stalled in my own painting but it's motivating to hear that other people are still making progress. I look forward to seeing some pictures!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:04 am

Very Very awesome looking figs Scott, totally Nurgley

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:00 pm

I got the first ten plaguebearers done.  Command out of the way as well.  I'll post some better pics for Januarys portion of the challenge.  I'm continuing to chug along on the plaguebearers until I can field a unit of 25.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:39 pm

Looking really slick. well done.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Very cool Scott. Nurgle would be proud

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 pm

I really like these! The bases suit the models and everything is done to a high quality. Even though the individual dudes are painted different colors they still look like a uniform unit so that's quite the achievement. Can't wait to see more!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Great job! Papa Nurgle would be proud!

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:03 am

Those are really cool sculpts. They really come to life when you see them in a unit.

Oh ya, they paints pretty good too.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

40K-a-go-go

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Thought I'd just keep trucking in this thread rather than start a new one.  

So I am going to give some low point 40K games a try.  I have more than enough square based Nurgle stuff to play a demon list but I want to get some marines going.  I've painted a couple round based Plaguebearers up from the saem range as the others in this thread.  They look mostly the same though I am trying to use some of my newer Scale Colour paints for these instead of leaning on the Vallejo stuff.  No reason other than I bought some new paints and I wanna play around with them.  Not much to see here, one leg done!  Just wanted to contribute something and to show the world I pick up a brush every once in a while as well...

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:32 pm

one leg, but an impressive leg. That's an old sculpt eh, makes it even better.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Yeah it's the finecast version of the old metal mini's. I am not a fan of finecast quality control but for the Nurgle stuff it's not really a problem. I don't even bother filling in any air bubbles.

TY Carson!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:44 pm

I like how this one is starting, you've got a knack for painting nurgly things. Keep the updates coming, I even if they are 40K

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:44 pm

TY, More leg action.  Posting helps me put some perspective on the project and helps me decide if I want to steer one way or another.  Beauty thing about Nurgley stuff is I can switch midstream a bunch of colours and it'll be fine.

Might be too much bluey green now that I look at it. Skulls need work too.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:15 pm

The part that I like the best might be the part that you said is too bluey green. The top of the back of the right thigh looks like that guy is suffering from a really bad case of swamp-ass and it is perfectly nurgly and I would venture to say realistic considering he probably lives in that armour.

again, looking good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the face.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First Marine Done

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Lot's of learning here, next one should be better. Any thoughts or feedback?

And a CMON link if anyone is interested.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/386117

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:39 pm

I like it. My crit is that it looks quite same-same all over. The bone shoulder pad could have been made more white or yellow in order to add a pop of something different. You did a great job of that with the eyes but I'm not sure if it is enough.

It is a minor thing though, overall I think it's great.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:01 pm

It is of course a great paint job, for a crit though I'd rather of seen some deeper colours for gore, rust, weathering etc. looks a little too clean for nurgle

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Nathan I agree about the bone thingy. I tried to add some browny orange (English uniform) to the shoulder to make it stand out but I didn't go strong with it and I overpowered it with some stuff that is more in my wheelhouse.

Carson I'll add some more splashy colour stuff next time. I don't like to super over do Nurgle stuff though, sometimes I think ti can get cartoony. Anyone remember joe Orteza stuff? I gotta try to shoot somewhere in the middle I think.

TY guys!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Plasma Gunner

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Plasma gunner.  Next one I'll try some wet style effects with some washes and glazes after the dullcote goes on.  This will be a tough step for me, dunno why.  Something psychological about blasting it with the spray then being officially done with a mini.  Also pigment on the next one.  I decided against the black ring as the brown fits in with the existing demons done for fantasy and I kinda dig on the brown.

What I worked on most with this was adding some different colours.  It doesn't look night and day from the the previous effort but I used a bit more bright purple and worked with some Vallejo smoke on the green brown armour patches.  Next one will have a little more colour as well.  I am mostly pleased with the fleshy diseased areas, will push more of that into upcoming mini's.

Thanks for comments so far and I promise I WILL go for some wet stuff on the next one... it's just hard, y'know?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Really like the face on this one - looks alive.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:39 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top