Winter/Spring 2014/2015 League Reporting Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter/Spring 2014/2015 League Reporting Thread

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:01 am

With the new league kicking off, please use this thread to report your games. At the start of your post, copy and paste this form and fill out the information

Date of Game
Name 1 (army) vs Name 2 (army)
Number of Points
Result (ie: crushing win, win, draw, loss, crushing loss) for Name
Wildcard Challenge?
Fully Painted?

Please include this information at the BEGINNING of your post before any description or storytelling and please include all the information. Please don't use any creativity when giving that information as I don't want to have to interpret what "got a thumping" means. This will make my job of tracking the league infinitely easier. Any games not reported in this way on this thread will not be counted for the league.

Below is an example:

March 20, 2014
Nathan R (Dark Elves) vs Nathan A (Dark Elves)
2500 points
Crushing win for Nathan A
Not a wildcard challenge
Neither fully painted

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter/Spring 2014/2015 League Reporting Thread

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:09 am

Squalie wrote:Date of Game - Oct 22
Name - Don (High Elves) VS AARON (DARK ELF)
Number of Points - 2400
Result - crushing win for Don
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Don was. I was fully painted!!!!!!

Date of Game - Nov 13
Name - Don (Chaos Legion) VS Aaron (Lizardmen)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - crushing win for Don
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Neither painted

A Khorne Lord on Jugger still kicks ass, not sure why all the sissies play Daemon Princes? Wink Ripperdactyl's are very, very good. Great opponent, good game.

Date of Game - Oct 22
Name - Don (Chaos Legion) VS Dom (O&G)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - crushing win for Dom
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Neither painted

Really enjoy playing against O&G. So much in fact that I'm always tempted to start one. I also always appreciate Doms' play style as he makes about as far away a net list as you'll ever find. Appreciate that.

The Reign of chaos stole a Goblin Sorcerer and replaced it with a Slaanesh Herald which quickly beat up some Boar boys. I spread my army out foolishly as I always seem to care more about how the army looks on the table than what's going to happen turn 2-3. That is stupid ego getting in the way. Very Happy Dom played well and Goblins with Nets are pretty handy fellows to have around.

ScottRadom wrote:I played Carson's Empire. We were both fully painted and I massacred him.

I played Justin's Skaven and massacred him. (both fully painted)

Carson wrote:Date of Game - Nov 13
Name -Carson (Empire) vs Matt (Undead)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - crushing win for Matt
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Carson

Really fun game although I had my ass handed to me on a platter. I tried a non wizard list on the weekend and it really showed what can happen against strong spell lists.
Great to have Scott out again, really enjoyed the day!
Thanks Andre for hosting the day.

Nathan A. wrote:Well this game ended up being a tough lesson for the ogre kingdoms.

Bad deployment, bad movement and bad dice meant the ogres chances were slim.

They lost, horribly. But on the bright side its all uphill from here.

Well it was another tough day for the Ogres yesterday. The demons were out and angry, and went home gorged on ogre meat(I assume demons eat things).

At the beginning of the game my mournfangs were eager to make a difference, and after a successful turn 2 charge against a unit of plaguebearers I was sure they would. This charge only got better as my firebelly managed a successful cast of fulminating flame cage on a large unit of khorne demons, who were the only unit capable of counter-charging the mournfangs. However the plaguebearers needed no help, managing to beat the mournfangs in one turn. The mourngfangs fled and it went downhill from there. My large character filled unit of ironguts did manage to beat down the plaguebearers unit for a while, but once they were flank charged by the keeper of secrets they quickly turned tail.

Another key point was that Slaanesh magic had its way; with plentiful dice and only a level 2 to try and stop it the caco-bombing began early, and it was nasty.

Those last two are Nathan A. vs Dwayne (Massacre to Dwayne) and Nathan A. vs Nathan M. (Massacre to Nathan M.)

from now on, any reports not in this thread and not using the proper format will not be counted.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:59 am

I know more games have been played than the ones I've got in the post above. If you have games to report please do it as soon as you can.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Date of Game - Nov 15
Name - Dwayne (Chaos Legion) VS Andre (Dwarves)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Win for Dwayne
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? I believe Andre was fully painted

First match using the Glottkin. The model is a beast! After stomping across the battlefield with a rain of organ gunfire pocketing him, he ground down some iron breakers and then some grumpy longbeards. Nurgle spells are great support for him with the ability to boost his already high toughness and reducing the enemy initiative and ws can really turn the tide of battle. Also it takes a brave dwarf lord to step up and accept a challenge from the Glottkin.

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Date: November 11, 2014
Justin (Skaven) vs Aaron (Lizardmen)
Result (crushing win) for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? Justin was

Date: November 15, 2014
Justin (Skaven) vs Dom (Lizardmen)
Result (Crushing Win) for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? Justin was; Dom was too I think (need clarification)

Date: November 15, 2014 (this game may have been posted already)
Justin (Skaven) vs Scott (Greenskins)
Result (Crushing Win) for Scott
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? Yes to both

Having a Grayseer headed butted and killed turn one before he even got to move was pretty harsh. Scott is a bad man.

Date: November 15, 2014
Justin (Skaven) vs Andre (Dwarves)
Result (win) for Andre
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? Yes to both

Date: November 11, 2014
Justin (High Elves) vs Aaron (Lizardmen)
Result (win) for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? neither

I've never seen dice so shitty for both of us before (Don says, "that's Warhammer for you!") The only time I couldn't roll snake eyes is when I needed it for leadership rolls. Last turn of the game Aaron charged my unit of Silver Helms with his stegadon and rolls a 1 for impact hits so he got 2 impact hit and then proceeds to roll snake eyes to wound - I was breathing a sigh of relief but Aaron was a sad panda. It was a fun game none the less. I ran a Caledorian Dragon Army. Prince on a Moon Dragon and a Dragon Mage on Sun Dragon. my prince was run down by saurus warriors and my mage was killed by magic and shooting yay. best things in my list was the unit of 15 silver helms and the 17 phoenix guard with razor standard; their combined effort brought down the slann and temple guard. It had nothing to do with his slann miscasting 2 times... it was all the skill of the elves.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:00 am

Date: December 4th, 2014
NathanR (High Elves) vs Dwayne (Legion of Chaos)
Result Crushing win for Nathan
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? Nathan

Tzeench's grand plan is complex but apparently didn't include winning against the high elves this day.  It was a great game and I had lots of fun.  Chaos lord on a disc is pretty badass!

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:14 am

It was a good game and my dice were hot. My first magic phase I rolled boxcars for power dice and the second I rolled 11. Mindrazored dragon princes go through chaos knights quite well. The TSN turning point in the game was when my silverhelm bus and phoenix held against his Tzeentch lord, Tzeentch warriors and skullcrushers allowing me to get my spearmen and eagle in the next turn and get some crucial magic off. I ended up winning the next round of combat by 8 and everyone ran away.

I remember now why I loved my archmage and I'm not quite sure why I ever swapped him for a loremaster. Also, Frostheart Phoenixes are really good. As my Edmonton Onslaught opponent from 2 years ago said: "You should really take two of those". Thanks for the great game Dwayne, it was refreshing to play against a warriors of chaos army without a DP.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:37 pm

Date: December 3rd, 2014
Justin O (Skaven) vs Aaron (Lizardmen)
Result Crushing win for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? Justin

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Justin, that game sounded riveting!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:54 pm

squalie wrote:Justin, that game sounded riveting!

Well the performance of the 'elite' Temple Guard was not the stuff of legends and they may be seeing Aaron ' s boot.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:03 am

Date: December 5th, 2014
Nathan R (H. Elves) vs Nathan M (Daemons)
Result: win for Nathan R
Wildcard Challenge? N
Fully Painted? Both

I started out strong, my Phoenix wiped out his skull cannon early while my silverhelms and dragon princes took down his soul grinder.  A venom thicket helped to thin out his bloodletter horde before my Phoenix and silverhelms crashed into them and ground them down.

Emboldened by their recent victory over some chaos knights, the dragon princes thought they could take on a keeper of secrets.  Even with mindrazor they were sorely mistaken and ended up as a pile of bloody scraps while the keeper stalked off, barely sweating.  His plague bearers and my sword masters went toe to toe for a while but then he rolled snake eyes on a break test and his unit grew back.  After that the sword masters went down pretty quickly but they were just blocking the way for the spearmen anyway.  An irresistible mindrazor gave the spearmen the boost they needed to cut through the remaining plague bearers.  Shooting took down his tzeentch chariot and suddenly his keeper of secrets was feeling very lonely.  It was a fun game and once again I had some great magic phases.  It went right until the end of turn 6.  Thanks for the game Nathan.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pod720 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 am

Date of Game - Dec 6th
Justin O (Skaven) vs Aaron D (Lizardmen)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Win - for Aaron D
Wildcard Challenge? No
Fully Painted? Justin

Pod720

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 am

Date of Game - Dec 17th
Justin O (Skaven) vs Aaron D (Lizardmen)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Crushing Win - for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? No
Fully Painted? Justin

How to kill Lizardmen - Throw tonnes and tonnes of rats at them and hope for the best!

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:41 am

Date of Game - Dec 15th
Don (Legion of Chaos Slaanesh) vs Aaron D (Lizardmen)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Crushing Win - for Don
Wildcard Challenge? No
Fully Painted? neither

I really enjoy Playing Aaron, as he's a nice fellow - except when he's moonwalking frenzied Ripperdactyl's (for shaaaaaame). My army is faster than it looks and I flank charged both Ripper units right of the bat and just kept going from there.. I think that was the deciding factor of the game, and by turn 4 I had his Slaan unit of Saurus surrounded by A Keeper of Ryan Seacrest, Skullcannon, Warriors of Chaos and a Soulgrinder. It was very pretty for me and my Slaanesh army made sweet, sweet love to those Saurus....which wasn't very pretty admittedly.

Hence forth I am calling Aaron "Michael Jackson". Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Sounds like quite the .. Thriller... yeah I went there. Yeah i know... I'm Bad. Ok I am going to stop now.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 am

Date of Game
Sean (Dwarf) vs Justin (Skaven)
Number of Points - 2500
Result Win for Sean
Wildcard Challenge? Nada
Fully Painted? Justin Yes.
Game Type - Watchtower

I got lucky and rolled to control the watchtower so i got to planted my 16 GW Quarrelers in the tower off the start. We both lined up against eachother and Justin wasted no time in speeding a large unit of Rat Ogres with some Squeel Character dude in unit straight up to my tower within charge distance for next turn. We rolled a Quicksand Marsh as part of our terrain and his Hellpit Rat after beating up on some Rangers and a Gyrocopter managed to get himself sucked into the quicksand and was instantly gone, POP! That was very helpful for me i must admit. I had a very accurate Grudge thrower that managed a "hit" every turn except one. He managed to 13th spell a full unit of 25 Longbeards and drop 16 of the poor bastards before they even knew what happened. The rat ogres and quarrelers spent about 4 turns bouncing off eachother untill the Rat Ogres finally smashed the last of the dwarfs kickin them outta the tower. Game ended with me marching my 25 Ironbreakers into the tower on turn 5 and sitting there going GRR. His general got hacked down by some GW Slayers Deathblows and my General left his protective bunker to try and slow some rats down and got hacked apart by Squeel and his Rogres, he didn't even manage a swing back lol. Was a fun game

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Had a game with Don over the Christmas weekend. It was a great game.....for 3 turns, then my army packed its bags and ran home......Daemons are scary!

Date of Game Dec.27
Carson (Empire) vs Don Chaos Legion
Number of Points - 2500
Result Massacre win for Don
Wildcard Challenge? no
Fully Painted? Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:49 am

Date of Game Dec. 22
Number of Points - 2500
Result: Victory for Aaron - He cheats Loki saw him.
Wildcard Challenge? no
Fully Painted? Justin

Aaron threw his Lizardmen down the stairs in frustration a couple days before this game and he must have knocked some sense into them because I don't even know what happened but there was a lot of dead lizards and a lot of dead rats and its too bad that his slann and his body guard weren't among them.

Date of Game Dec.29
Number of Points - 2500
Result: Crushing Victory for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? no
Fully Painted? Justin

A couple of well placed cannon shots killed a lot of saurus warriors. His Oldblood with ASF sword killed my Fellblade Warlord which is always a shame - 190 points buys a lot of slaves. Ratogres were able to flank and finish off the saurus warriors and the slann and when the dust had cleared there wasn't any lizardmen left but there was a ton of rats. Fun game but I think he is shelving the Lizards for awhile now.

Date of Game Jan 1
Justin (Skaven) vs Aaron (Empire)
Number of Points - 2500
Result Crushing Victory for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? no
Fully Painted? Justin

Aaron got to show off his brand spanking new Empire army and the knights and steamtank look awesome. His list featured a horde of halberdiers, 2 units of 5 knights, 2 units of archer skirmishers, a cannon and a hellblaster volley gun, steamtank, 4 demigryphs, a hurricaranum, and a luminark of hyst (the laser gun thingy), an engineer, witch hunter, arch lector, level 4 of life and a captain of pegasus. very fun to play against since i dont see empire on the table very often.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Date of Game: Jan 3
Aaron (Empire) vs Don (Chaos Legion - all Slaanesh)
Number of Points - 2500
Result Massacre win for Don
Wildcard Challenge? no
Fully Painted? neither, but Aarons' Empire is coming along nicely!

Another example of my faaaar superior gaming skills resulting in a crushing victory. Seriously though, Aaron had some big dice rolls that were embarrassing and the Keeper of Secrets did most of the heavy lifting - as usual. I tried the Lore of Shadow and although good, doesn't synergize like the Lore of Slaanesh does. I've removed any Khorne influence in the list and it's now 100% straight Slaanesh.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:43 pm

I'll get these games tallied up tomorrow.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:21 am

Date of Game:Feb 7
Don (Daemons) vs Aaron (Empire)
Number of Points - 2500
Result Win for Aaron (Pod720)
Wildcard Challenge? no
Painted? neither

I had a strong start, he had a strong middle, both had up and down dice and the little bugger pulled out the win killing my Keeper. She's a big risk reward part of the army and I love that. Banishment light council is REALLY good against Daemons. 3D6 strength 6 makes my Daemons have sad face. Very Happy

I'll let Aaron brag a little and he's always good company for a game.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Date of game: January
dom wood elves vrs nathan m demons
number of points 2500
Result: win for nathan
wildcard no
painted dom yes nathan no

Date of game January
dom wood elves andre dwarfs
Number of points 2500
Result: draw
wild card no
painted neither.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:52 am

Date of game Feb 10
Nathan High elves vs Dwayne Legions of Chaos
Number of points 2500
Result: Massacre win for Dwayne
wild card no
painted Me

Well, I wish I could say it was close but it wasn't close. Dwayne's magic phases won him the game. Final transmutation of lead killed 14 spearmen first turn, causing them to fail their re-rollable 9 panic test so the spearmen and BSB's first move of the game was to flee off the table. The next turn my silverhelms took the brunt of the final transmutation and suffered 8 wounds. Luckily they stuck around but at less than half strength they weren't going to be doing a whole lot of killing and worse, they failed their stupidity test. Elsewhere a single hellstrider charged my bolt thrower, both sides whiffed but since he charged he won by 1. Of course I failed my break test so the bolt thrower was gone too.

My lone shining star was my unit of swordmasters who took down a unit of 4 skullcrushers AND a unit of Tzeentch Knights. The knights actually beat the swordmasters in combat who broke and fled through a forest where the remaining knight was so excited to pursue that he ran face-first into a tree and died. The swordmasters were the only reason the game was even remotely close. In the end I was left with my Phoenix sitting on his last wound while Dwayne still had his warriors, sorcerer lord, lord on disc and BSB.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:55 am

Yaaaaaah, swordmasters!!! What have I been telling you guys?!

Anyways, that's a weird game as Dwayne usually brings such soft lists. Wink. Cool write up, much better than Dom's text message of a description. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 am

Well, to Dwayne's credit there was no Daemon Prince. There were however two fighty characters with 3+ ward saves, one that got to re-roll 1's.

I tried a last-ditch charge with my archers against his lord on a disc, got Okam's Mindrazor off irresistably, killed 6 of my archers in the blast, failed the fear test and managed 2 hits and 1 wound which bounced off his ward save. The lord then massacred the rest of the archers and ran the fleeing archmage down. That's about how my whole game went in one handy combat.

I lied though, my phoenix did pretty well too. It killed a bunch of warriors, took a Khorne chariot charge, survived, killed a few more warriors, fled, rallied, took another khorne chariot charge, survived and killed the chariot. At the end of the game it was on it's last wound and toe-to-toe against his BSB. It wouldn't have ended well for the bird.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top