joined or allied armies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

joined or allied armies

Post  Kuyp on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:42 am

So i have heard a bunch of talk as i am sure many of you have as well about ta bunch a of armies being combined in to one book ratver then a seperate book for each individual army. So i would like to see what people think about this and under the current rules what would you see yourself usi g?

Since we could only speculate lests say that ...
deamons+wariors+beastmen= chaos
empire+dwarfs+bretonia= kingdoms of the old world
elves of all three flavors = elves
orcs+skaven+ogres= runious hordes
vc+tk= undead
and leaving poor poor lizardmen to fend for themselves.
Now lets say each army book is combined in to one with all the options and special rules stayi g the same. What does your list look like?

For me i feel that my wood elves would stay much the same but swaping out my forest spirit units for better block wariors.

I would still maintain my three units of archers and wildriders, drop my lv4 spellcaster for a loremaster or possibly some warlocks. Add in some white lions and probably more dark elf units of some sort like witch elves most likely.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: joined or allied armies

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Bretonnian knights backed up by dwarf infantry and guns? Ouch. I can't see myself adding any Empire to that list actually. Maybe Karl Franz the ascended.

I'd love to just field all 3 of my elf armies as a combined 7500 point force.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 pm

For a "kingdom of the old worlds" army, i could see myself taking like two lances of knights of the realm, a unit of thunders, with some trebs and cannons, ad in some halbers with warrior priests and captians with a lv4 wizzard .

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:59 pm

There is actually a rumour that the Old ones are taking the Lizardmen away...or something like that.

It's pretty much the main reason I haven't started another army as no one has any clue what to expect for this End Times thing...and 9th edition.

Orcs, Skaven and Ogres seems weird. but wow, what a chaotic crazy army that could be.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top