End Times story arc: WILD speculation about elves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End Times story arc: WILD speculation about elves

Post  Galadros on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:07 am

Having read the End Times: Nagash thoroughly, it has been a wonderful revelation full of upheaval and change in the Warhammer world. For those that haven't read it, you've likely heard much anyway about character deaths, reincarnations, genocides, fratricides, and other sweeping events. For me, it has really had me thinking about where the plots will move next. There are story arcs for all races, but it is the elves that intrigue me the most. Here are some highlights of what we know so far...

The Dark Elves are under seige from a Valkia led Khorne army from the north. Morathi appears to be missing, while Malekith has had some marked absences from Naggaroth. Although he has returned to organise the defences, he sets Malus Darkblade to seek out his mom.
High Elves are fighting off repeated daemonic incursions around Ulthuan. Finubar has turtled in his tower, ignoring all things. Teclis appears to be the puppet master in Ulthuan, directing Tyrion to take control of the defences while sending Eltharion and Belennaer to thier doomed expedition to save the Everchild. He appears to be in kohuts with Malekith, and expected the summoning of Nagash. Teclis beleives that Nagash will be necessary to oppose the rising powers of Chaos.
The Wood elves are dwindling after an exhaustive effort by Orion and Ariel to aid the Bretonnians. Ariel appears to be dying, although there is a hope that the Everqueen can restore her and the Oak of Ages. Otherwise, Araloth and his expedition to Sylvania never reach their destination. He flippantly jumps into a portal going to ??

So, what could this mean for the collective elven future? Let me tell you...

-Morathi will appear at the head of a massive cult of Slaanesh. She will bear down on Ulthuan in an effort to restore herself to the head of her ancestral home.
-Tyrion will rally the forces of the high elves to oppose her.
-Meanwhile, Teclis the manipulator brings Malekith in on the action, who draws forth the Sword of Khaine to end Tyrion's threat upon his beloved mother. Before Malekith can bring death to Tyrion, Malus Darkblade reaches Morathi and slays her. The grief of his loss, combined with the damaging blood-frenzy from the Sword of Khaine, drives Malekith into an irreversible madness.
-Teclis finishes off Malekith in his weakness, before he can wreak more havoc amongst the elf kingdoms.
-Never a friend to the Dark elf monarchy, Malus becomes a diplomat and proposes an elven alliance. Tyrion accepts this, and moves to bolster the defences in Naggaroth to repel Valkia's invasion. Liberal use of the magic Undeath (raising the spirits of past elven warriors) proves necessary for the elven mages.
-Once stabilized, Dark elf society softens in it's long-standing, Malekith encouraged, hate of thier High elf cousins. The sorcerers of Nagarroth reciprocate by agreeing to aiding in Teclis plan to finally close the warp rift that is the vortex in the middle of Ulthuan. Although this succeeds, Teclis is lost in the chaos warp.
-Finubar emerges at last from his self-imposed quarantine. He reveals that he has been travelling the world-roots in search of the source of corruption both in Ulthuan, and Athel Loren. He reveals that Ariel has been lost, due to her attunement to nature, and that Alarielle will take her place as matriarch of the Wood elves. He commits himself to the flames of Asuryan, after endorsing Tyrion as his successor as Phoenix King.
- Araloth and his host has travelled the paths as well, leading to the source of the contagion that claimed Ariel. It turns out to be a magnificently powerful bray-shaman blessed by nurgle. He is of virtual exalted daemon status with vast minions at his disposal.
- Although the combined efforts are enough to banish the daemonic beast shaman, the taint is so lasting, that Araloth's elves cannot safely return to Athel Loren without carrying the corruption with them. They remain in the land of Chaos, fighting to their deaths.

Discuss.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: End Times story arc: WILD speculation about elves

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Interesting. You make some good points.

In browsing the forums at Ulthuan.net there is a lot of discussion about an "Ancient Lie" and some other cryptic prophecies. I haven't read the book myself yet but I'm definitely intrigued by what's going to happen to all 3 elf factions. In fact, I'm more interested in what happens to the elves than I am about the Empire, Bretonnia and the Dwarfs. It seems like GW has something big in store and I'm really looking forward to it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 pm

In thinking on it a bit I think the ancient lie will somehow deal with a fundamental principle that divides the High and Dark elves.  I'm thinking maybe something happened during the ritual when Malekith tried to steal the Phoenix Throne by walking through the flames or maybe it goes even further back than that to when Anerion drew the sword of Khaine and Caledor created the great vortex.  Whatever it is I think that it will need to be something huge that will allow the High Elves and Dark Elves to get past centuries of hatred and conflict and work together.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Is the second part something you have heard or your own thoughts of what might happen? Either way it is exciting to finally have some story movement and development for Fantasy. Not sure how I feel about the elves "just getting along".

My prediction..........GW does such a good job of reinventing Fantasy that the game see's an incredible resurgence of players and support to the point that it becomes GW's mainstay game..........

How does that sound?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:53 am

Carson wrote:Is the second part something you have heard or your own thoughts of what might happen? Either way it is exciting to finally have some story movement and development for Fantasy. Not sure how I feel about the elves "just getting along".

My prediction..........GW does such a good job of reinventing Fantasy that the game see's an incredible resurgence of players and support to the point that it becomes GW's mainstay game..........

How does that sound?

Carson can I have some of what you're smoking? It must be good stuff!

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 am

[quote="Carson"]Is the second part something you have heard or your own thoughts of what might happen? Either way it is exciting to finally have some story movement and development for Fantasy. Not sure how I feel about the elves "just getting along".[quote]

Oh,it's all wild conjecture. The only foundation to that is past storylines that remain open, and my own impression on how they may revisit them.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Sooo i was reading the description on GW for the grotkin book, and apparently mr karl franz is dead :0

And something about kurt hellborg receiving help " from a most unexpected source"

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Karl Franz never dies, only the actors who play him!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Remember when Gandalf the Grey dies and then comes back, with no memory mind you, as Gandalf the White?  Pretty much same thing.  Sigmar instantly brings back Mr. Franz as the ass kickingest character Warhammer has ever seen....until we see Archaons stats I suppose.

I have a feeling at the end of the End Times, we'll be able to have our own Pacific Rim Kaiju fight. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:20 pm

I imagine we'll also get a Chaos-infused Settra revival. With the four gods coming together to revive Settra at the end the Nagash book, he could be a realm-shaker. Historically, Settra's rule extended well into the lands that are now the Empire, all of the Tilea, Estalia, the Border lands too. He could become the threat from the south that pinches the Empire.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:29 pm

After he deals with nagash?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:20 pm

bluepeople wrote:After he deals with nagash?
By the time Settra gets there, the Empire and Nagash will be full-on allied friends. So... 'the friend of my enemy is also my enemy' sort of thing will take effect.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Well, the teaser video is out and the rumour mill is cranking out all kinds of wild speculation. One poster on Warseer claims to have the white dwarf already and he's said that there are 3 new army lists featuring combined elf factions, several new character profiles and re-worked magic rules that are similar to those found in the Storm of Magic. It sounds like Malekith becomes the phoenix king somehow and Tyrion is leading a rebellion against him. Also avatars of Khaine have been mentioned. I am definitely going to get this book!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:20 pm

In some rumour-mills, there is reference to a new model kit to create either the Avatar of Khaine or The Eternal King. Who could the Eternal King be? Malekith, taking up the empty throne in a massive coup like he tried 6000 years ago? Tyrion, being anointed by the phoenix guard to lead the high elves into the future? Teclis, using his influence with both elf factions to make himself the one that re-bonds old foes?
Or could it be an elf from the past? Perhaps Caledor Dragontamer, come back out of the vortex he created to quell the surge of daemons?
Speculate away...

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:37 pm

I would imagine that it is Malekith. The great lie will turn out to be that the ritual was sabotaged when he tried to enter the flames and become the phoenix king 6000 years ago. He'll try it again, this time with Teclis' help and he'll be reborn as the true phoenix king. Tyrion will reject him and draw the widowmaker, thus becoming the avatar of Khaine and lead a rebellion against Teclis and Phoenix King Malekith. I would imagine that Nagarythe and Caledor will side with Tyrion while the majority of the High Elves will side with Malekith. The dark elves will be split as well with Morthai's followers and the Khainites following Tyrion and the rest siding with Malekith.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top