New Chaos Mini's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Chaos Mini's

Post  Kal on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:45 am

So Chaos got their new models. Looks like more over potentially over powered Nurgle stuff to help the struggling Warrior's keep up Wink . Has anyone heard anything about the rules or stats for these yet?

Found them. but the big talk about them is their Type is just plain INFANTRY not MI

Last edited by Kal on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chaos Mini's

Post  Druchi on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:47 am

From what I've heard, it's pretty op

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:49 am

Like, picture VC crypt horrors, but with armor, and active choice between on hand/shield, two hand, or dual wield.... 😞

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:45 am

well it seems like the general consensus is that they are good ... but warriors don't need them because they all ready have units that are better, And its true.

now if you are a daemon player you love them to death !

And beast men .... wow, a unit of these bad boys with a gorebull bsb with the beast banner ....lots of points but hard to kill and tough as nails

this being said i don't like the figs

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Im not a giant fan of the figs either and the rules kinda seem lazy too. Just a statline MoN and borring lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent_M on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:57 am

I'm kind of confused. Was a new chaos heavy infantry really what GW needed to put out right now? I shouldn't complain but I don't feel this was necessary at all, more like someone in GW was like, I bet I could come up with some new Nurgle stuff before lunch, then I'm off to go golfing.
Special rules don't feel 'nurgly' at all and everything is just a boost from a normal warrior statline. Do they really need to be WS 6 and I 5? I imagine they will probably end up getting left on a shelf anyways just by being M 4, even assuming the Inf thing does change to MInf.
These things would look super awkward in a Beastman army though...

Brent_M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:44 am

I agree, they'll look ok in a WOC or daemon army but would need to be heavily converted for beastmen. I think the models themselves look great but rule-wise I don't know. I'm interested in seeing next week's releases though.

Seems that they are going for a 4 horsemen of the apocalypse theme with these books. First book/horseman is death, second is pestilence. If this is indeed their intention it'll be famine and war for the last two. Not sure how they'll do famine, maybe skaven?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:07 pm

They should have just added a optional goat head for each mini. Problem solved.

And obvi Famine is elves. Look at those skinny bastards!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:29 am

nathanr wrote:I agree, they'll look ok in a WOC or daemon army but would need to be heavily converted for beastmen.  I think the models themselves look great but rule-wise I don't know.  I'm interested in seeing next week's releases though.

Seems that they are going for a 4 horsemen of the apocalypse theme with these books.  First book/horseman is death, second is pestilence.  If this is indeed their intention it'll be famine and war for the last two.  Not sure how they'll do famine, maybe skaven?

Famine can also be interpreted as a symbol for greed/class warfare. They could be doing something cool with Bretonnia. Wealthy nobles getting fat on bread and wine while the peasantry go without bread or the basic necessities.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:45 am

Brets being famine is actually not a terrible idea. Could be interesting... Whats war gonna be? it should just be Chaos Warriors . just more figs. Very Happy. But maybe Empire = war? because humies are gonna get their ASSES kicked once all this shit hits the fan.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm

I think War will be about the elves with a focus on Khaine, the elf god of war. More specifically, it will be an elf who draws the sword of Khaine like Aenarion did. I'm not sure who the elf will be but the frontrunners are likely Tyrion or Malekith.

As much as I'd like to see Bretonnians, I think famine will be skaven.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top