New Champion!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Champion!

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Congrats to Eric Miller who took a really well rounded and fun army into the finals and creamed my overpowered yet magnificently Nurgle Demons. Way to go Eric!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Champion!

Post  squalie on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Was this the mostly Slaanesh army? How about a brief battle report?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm

Scotts units blundered around the battlefield a bit, and then I put them out of their misery at being controlled by him.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 am

Congratulations Eric! Did you use the same army as you fought me with?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:27 am

Yeah, that is one of the rules for the league playoffs.

The list I used can be found here:
http://raveninghordes.forumakers.com/army-lists-f11/giving-up-my-tech-t120.htm#1189

Not sure exactly what Scott ran.

Think you can post your list Scott so everyone can see the cheesy kids list you brought to the playoffs?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:16 am

Jesus Christ, are we still talking about this? It was in the past, time to face forward and for me to focus on regaining my chapionship crown baby! Or else we need to look FURTHER in the past and talk about any one of my 6 league championships or numerous tourny wins.

But to keep re-hashing this latest league finals seems a little childish and smacks of trying to relive the old glory days instead of getting on with our lives and bringing about positive change to ourselves in the HERE and NOW Eric.

But it does remind me of the time I won Warcon X with my dwarfs. Yep, 40 players, one champion (Extends arms out the sides and starts pumping thumbs towards myself) THIS GUY! No big deal....

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 am

You didn't win Best General? That's the real prize. That's what men win. Men who like to choke little girls like you.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:01 pm

Scotts units blundered around the battlefield a bit, and then I put them out of their misery at being controlled by him

I actually laughed out loud....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:38 pm

squalie wrote:
Scotts units blundered around the battlefield a bit, and then I put them out of their misery at being controlled by him

I actually laughed out loud....

I wish I could tell you Eric is exzaggerating but that's basically the way it played out. Kind of like when Obi-Wan dropped his Lightsaber to let Darth Vader do him in.....

'CAUSE he knew he'd be back only in a more powerful version! Which is actually another big piece of bullshit from the Star Wars universe. How did Kenobi come back more powerful? He was blue and shimmery which was cool, but what made him more powerful? He didn't do anything except argue with Yoda about whiny ass Luke for two more movies. What the hell made him more powerful? Was he a master of Jedi Trade law, settling disputes from beyond the grave with wisdom and speed? Could he do long division and quadratics in his head? Friggin' Lucas.

But yeah it was a pretty devestating loss for team Nurgle. I had a bad army design which was tempered with awful deployment and even worse generalship. I tried the Hulk Smash style of warhammer which only works against poor opponents, like my first round match up in the playoffs.

Oh well, I'm off to bitch more about star wars on some random site that has nothing to do with star wars.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Don't get me started on Star Wars, my friends have to put up with my bitchin' on poker nights...........Friggin' Lucas.

Sorry about the smashing you took, but we all eat humble pie every now and again. It it's any consolation I think it's gay when 2 different marks are in the same army. It's kinda like cheatin'.

That's right, I'm talkin' to you Eric! Or should I say, Captain min/max!

Just sayin' is all.......... Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm

I know you were joking Don but I have to say Eric's army was fantastic to play against. It doesn't take advantage of the overpowered demon book at all. His model count was 72ish, which is high for demons and featured all the things that make warhammer fun to play and to play against. Well done finding a good mix of competitive but not abusive demons Eric!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Well, I've sold my soul and am putting together a Mono-Slaanesh Daemon army, so maybe when it's done it will make it's rounds. What I DO have is a WoC army that's drooling to get beat up on.

BTW, I could really use some Fiends of Slaanesh if anyone is listening...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 pm

I agree with you 100% Scott (wow, thats something that nobody has ever said since cavemen invented language with simple grunts and gesturing). Eric's army was quite balanced and fun to play against which is a rarity in daemon armies. I look forward to pitting my dwarfs against it in the next league!

Is there going to be a battle report forthcoming or do we just need to use our imaginations? How did Eric deal with the Great Unclean One?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:30 pm

I'll write something up on it when I have some time. Which is now I guess....

My army was my GUO tooled up to "Hulk out" on characters with the balesword and vapours. He was joined by a BSB on palanquin w/vapours and a Herald on Palanquin w/vapors and slime trail (Proxied by another model. Hooray for me!). The GUO was lvl 2 and the others lvl for dispel capabilities and to cast miasma. I had two 16 man units of plagubears and one 14 banger, plus 4 nurglings. that's it.

Eric deployed his daemonettes in the middle and everything else on the flanks. I just sort of put everything on my side of the table in the center where we could all benefit from the general's ld and the BsB. At this point I would like to point out I could've deployed for a refused flank or somethin' fancy but I actually thought the only chance I had was to let Eric get his flankers in and maybe I could get lucky and win some of those combats using my mental toughness and advanced high altitude training my plaguebearers go through. Turns out not.

It was a very straightforward battle. Eric hit my lesser plaguebearers with his fast fleshhounds and fiends. I got a charge in with my GUO and he killed all the daemonettes and the herald that was with them eventually. It was just many turns of me getting outmaneuvered and set up for the killing charge, which came about on the 5th turn or so. Eric didn't even have to do that as he had the win sewn up very early.

I am not whining here, I lost to the better player with a more friendly list then I thought possible with the book. My tactics were limited byt my poor army selection. near 1100 points in characters doesn't give you the ability to make a choesive battle strategy let alone the flexibility to alter it when facing specialized opponents. I deserved to lose this one, and I didn't dissapoint. Next league I will run the Orcs again until I have my dwarfs painted up for '09. I am enjoying warhammer quite a bit, and painting even more so. Can't wait for the new league and getting back in the winners chair.

So again, congrats to Eric.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:08 pm

Cool. I'm also excited about the new league! I'm looking forward to an epic showdown between my Dwarfs and your Orcs! I'll also have to see how the bearded folk do against that army of Eric's...

One thing I am looking forward to is the possibility of larger games next league. 2000 points was about the limit for my wood elf army but I can easily make bigger armies with my dwarfs as I have around 5000 points worth of models. I really enjoy the 3000 point games and hopefully there will be a chance to get one or two of those in.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Eric already called out my Skarsnik model, I'll have to take the night goblins against the dwarfs too! Now I'll have to paint up another 50 night goblins....

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:11 pm

I have a more thorough battle summary here:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=5341&view=findpost&p=8332791

Not a report because it's lacking in detail.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Congrats Eric, I'll let Darren know the results and youse two can pick up your loot!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Where do we pick it up? At the Den?
I'm not familiar with this loot concept!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Friggin' rookies....

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:09 pm

No really, I don't know anything about this loot.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:12 pm

RickyDMMontoya wrote:No really, I don't know anything about this loot.

FRIGGIN' ROOKIES! WE gets paid! Gift certificates at the den. That's what the 5$ registration fee is for. It used to get matched 100% by Darren but I don't know the score anymore. Breakdown is usallu 70% winner, 30% second. This year it all goes to second place though...

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:32 pm

ahh nice.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:15 am

Sponsored content