Tomb Kings!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tomb Kings!

Post  Kuyp on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 pm

If you take each of the three units in the exsample above bare bones.

Tomb gaurd ws 3 t4 s4 light armour hand weapon and sheild cause fear ITP  12 points ?

Chaos warrior ws 5 s4 t4 i5 chaos armour hand weapon ( i think the come stock with a shield) 15 points

Cold one knights ws6 (?) I 5 s4 t4 lance shield cold one heavy armour murderous prowess hatred asf stupidity ITP. 38 points? Or is it 35 i honestly dont know
Lets take the same amount of points worth lets say 350 and each will have full comand for a total of 380 for each unit ( or as close to).

So 30 tomb gaurd lets say they are in a horde
23 warriors probably 7 wide
10 knights five wide

Cold one kgights charge vrs chaos wariors get to stike first with all 11 attacks, 8 hit reroll gives 2 more. 10 hits wound 8 times reroll ones is 10 ( pretty much) wounds wariors save 2 with armour and one with parry.
they strkie back with 22 attacks, eleven hit 6 wound kights save 4 cold ones attack with 10 attacks 5 hit three wound 2 are saved the knights win combat by 6 the wariors are steadfast 7 or 8? Either way not the best ods for the wariors

Kights charge the tomb gaurd. Strike first with 11 attacks 10 hit 10 wound 2 are saved cold ones go next 10 attacks 5 hit 3 wound one is saved. Toumb gaurd hit back with 18 attacks, 9 hit 5 wound and one is killing blow. So 2 wounds have got throug combat goes to the knights who win by seven and thus seven more tomb gaurd die leaving 14 left alive for round two. Now if the chaos wariors didnt flee they have 15 left to fight round two.

Lets look at round two

Kights hit wariors with 9 attacks hit 8 wound 5 three are saved. Warriors hit back with 21 attacks hit half wound half so five wounds and 4 are saved cold ones hit 10 attacks 5 hits 3 wounds 2 are saved combat goes to the knights again by one so warriors get a second chance at a steadfast .... they will not get a third.

Kiggts hit tomb gaurd 9 attacks hit 8 wound 4 save one cold ones hit 10 attacks 5 hit three wound another is saved tomb gaurd hit back with 9 attacks 5 hit 3 wound one is a killing blow and the kight most likly saved the other wound so the kights win combat by 4 leavjng six toumb gaurd who will be around next round but not after that.

So thats bog stock units with no upgrades and no help who did better ? Well the knights of course followed by the tomb gaurd and kn last the wariors. ... crazy

It becomes all sorts of durent when you add in upgrades posible mafi help unit suport characters like a bsb or a fighting hero.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh and if you are looking close at my math i rpunded everything up so ya

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Cold one knights vs Chaos Warriors:
11 attacks, hitting on 4 rerolling.  9 hits.  Wounding on 2's and rerolling ones. Lets say 8 wounds.  Chaos armour and shield gives a 3+ armour save which is reduced to 6+.  7 wounds, 6+ parry, 6 wounds.

21 attacks, hitting on 4.  10.5 hits, lets make it 11.  Wounding on 3's.  7 wounds.  2+ armour save becomes 3+.  2 wounds.

10 cold one attacks, hitting on 4.  5 hits, wounding on 4. 3 wounds, saving on 4+, 2 saves, parry doesn't save the last one.

Total: charge, banner and 7 wounds vs rank, banner and 2 wounds.  COK win by 5.  16 remaining Warriors are steadfast but could flee.

Cold one knights vs Tomb Guard:
11 attacks, hitting on 3 rerolling. 10 hits.  Wounding on 2's and rerolling ones.  9 wounds.  Light armour and shield gives 5+ armour save which is negated.  6+ parry, 8 wounds.  Cold ones strike next I think but they might be simultaneous (I2), 10 attacks, 5 hits, 3 wounds, 1 is saved or parried. Lets give them 2 more wounds.

Lets say the tomb guard strike at the same time or before the cold ones.  23 attacks hitting on 4's becomes 12 hits.  Wounding on 3's, 8 wounds.  Of those 8 wounds 1 will likely be a killing blow.  Of the other 7, 2 will get through for a total of 3 wounds.

Total: charge, banner and 10 wounds vs rank, banner and 3 wounds.  COK win by 7.  7 more tomb guard crumble leaving 13 remaining.

After the first round the knights become much less killy but just as durable.

Last edited by nathanr on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Haha, we were both running the numbers at the same time! Good that we got roughly the same results.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Im not aiming to be a dick fyi. Just like talking and discussing things. Thanks for everyone getting so involved Smile

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:16 pm

We know you're not being a dick. We're just trying to bash your head hard enough that you'll accept that chaos warriors are not necessarily the best tool for every job. Turns out Cold One Knights are!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:34 pm

On topic nathan are not cold one kinghts both ws and I 6 ? I was pretty sure they were. I think if i am not mistaken tomb gaurd are a surprising Initiative 3 so it only slightly changes the outcome i can up with but it does not help the wariors any.

And sean if nothing else i will give you props for giving us all something to discuss and keep these boards active so well done sir

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks Nathan but i have a thick skull, i still think they are Swiss Army Warriors. Cuz u can mark them for different jobs. GWs, HWS, AHW or Halberds. Frenzy and ItP, -1 to hit in CC, ward save, and slaaneshs immune to stuff.

Cold one knights are WS 5 (go Army Builder). Haha thanks Dom, im sure ill have tons more stupid question/ideas to post!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:13 pm

I love math hammer, but it's always done in a void.  To be fair those warriors WILL be marked nurgly or khorne and likely equipped with Halberds.  They lose a little armour but gain killiness. Nurgle or khorne halberd warriors might change things a touch.

Also, likely to have a Bsb in the unit.

Tomb guard are init 3.  ALSO keeping in mind that every time I cast an augment I'll gain a few back AND the banner that  gives me 3-8 more.  A good round of casting (likely) I'll have a dozen TG back.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:17 pm

squalie wrote:I love math hammer, but it's always done in a void.  To be fair those warriors WILL be marked nurgly or khorne and likely equipped with Halberds.  They lose a little armour but gain killiness. Nurgle or khorne halberd warriors might change things a touch.

Also, likely to have a Bsb in the unit.

Tomb guard are init 3.  ALSO keeping in mind that every time I cast an augment I'll gain a few back AND the banner that  gives me 3-8 more.  A good round of casting (likely) I'll have a dozen TG back.

Don will you still run lore of nehekhara now that you don't need a heirophant.?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Yes all mathhammer is done in a void, to me its the knky way it can be done... well it couldbe done other ways but lets face it there are way to many vvariables and i wouldmuch rather play a game then think about who is going to win.

All this talk about tomb kings really makes me miss the army. I am sure i have said it before but i will say it again. Tomb kings are hands down the best army in warhammer. Great story fantastic modle range, great rules, fun to play... juat so much great packed in one .

Anyone want to buy a lizardmen army so i can buy a tomb king one ? ...

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  N-V-C-G on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:19 pm

How much?

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 pm

TK are my fave army - never would have thought that a few years ago.

Justin, I may actually keep running the lore of Nehek.  I really think the spells are understimated, and now that Constructs can heal with EACH SPELL cast - that's huge.  Plus, the Morghasts I'm putting in aren't constructs, so they'll heal like Chariots and skeletons will (D3+1).  Since they have 4 wounds to start with, they should stick around for awhile.

So, I have a construct army that heals per spell and can march.  I would play TK's all the time but I think others get sick of the same thing.

Anyone want to buy a lizardmen army so i can buy a tomb king one ? ...

Be careful with this. Nostalgia is a funny thing and getting caught up in a conversation about a specific army makes you think you want something only to realize that you didn't want it at all - or only for a little bit. I KNOW THIS!!! Very Happy Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Each spell cast or just augments?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 pm

bluepeople wrote:Each spell cast or just augments?

Just augments. But the blanket Righteous Smiting just got even better, plus the movement spell means I can march twice if I'm within range. It's not hard to get 3 spells off per turn with TK so each unit could get a whole Necropolis Knight back a phase.

In theory....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 am

Now magic lores is a whole different argument. I have this thing where i always NEED to use army specific lores. so i think even with the new rules id stick with the Tomb King lore. just seems to fit the army better. Now a colour scheme is gonna be my next challenge... Very Happy good news is i love painting skeles for some reason, and after 10 slayers and 10 irondrakes im a tad bored of painting metal and orange dwarfs

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:48 am

I love the idea of a white and silver or white and gold color scheme with weathered brown bone (ushabti bone washed with agrax earthshade). Would make a really unique-looking army I think plus I think it would fit the egyptian theme as well, I think I read somewhere that the pyramids used to be white back in ancient times.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:37 am

nathanr wrote:I love the idea of a white and silver or white and gold color scheme with weathered brown bone (ushabti bone washed with agrax earthshade).  Would make a really unique-looking army I think plus I think it would fit the egyptian theme as well, I think I read somewhere that the pyramids used to be white back in ancient times.

You sir are correct, they use to be white and were capped in gold. before looters got at them. That theme is right along the idea i was thinking. I love Dons tomb kings completely but id have to go with more of an Egyptian Theme. i was thinking White and Red or white and turquoise trimmed in either silver or gold. Wasn't sure what would look best on bone. a SMALL tiny part of me wanted to try a darker TK army, like bone washed in black but that feels more VC to me.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top