Starting a campaign (Roster Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starting a campaign (Roster Closed)

Post  N-V-C-G on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Hello Everyone,

Me and a few of my friends are starting a Warhammer Campaign. It's definitely a living campaign, using Warhammer Fantasy as it's core module. Once we have established a full roster we can sit down together and set up some house rules. I'll make a list further into a post with the armies and which ones are still open and available. But I suppose a little background is in order...

A peasant girl, not of noble birth, has been given visions of a future drowned by Chaos. The armies of all the great nations are razed, the rivers run with the blood of the innocent, and the fires of hell rain from the sky. The greatest Generals from the lands of man, elf, and dwarf alike are summoned to a gathering to discuss what can be done.  The world trembles constantly, the very core of the world seems to be shaking with fear and trepidation. Weather around the world is thrown into disarray, and the very air is electric with magic energies. This is where our story begins....

Roster-

The Good:
Bretonnia - Available
The Empire - Taken (Squalie)
Wood Elves - Taken (Blizzard435)
High Elves- Taken (Kev)
Lizard Men - Taken (Kyup)
Dwarves - Taken (The Hammer)
Tomb Kings - Taken (Emil)
Ogres - Taken (Brett)

The Bad
Warriors of Chaos - Taken (Kal)
Chaos Dwarves - Taken (Blue)
Daemons of Chaos - Taken (N-V-C-G)
Skaven - Available
Beastmen - Available
Dark Elves - Taken (nathanr)
Vampire Counts - Taken (N-v-C-G)

The Ugly
Orcs and Goblins - Carson

The basic setup up will be broken down later once we are able to nail down a final roster. I'm open to any suggestions as we start to flesh out the finer details as well. The start date is looking like closer to the start of October. And I have a copy of the battle mat being printed out now, I can't post the link just yet but if you send me a whisper I'll can give you the link.

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me, or whisper me on here. Thanks for your time. Smile

Last edited by N-V-C-G on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Update List)

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting a campaign (Roster Closed)

Post  nathanr on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Are all these players from Saskatoon? I'm intrigued. I'd sign up with either bretonnians or dark elves but I'd love to hear more about it first.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Campaign

Post  N-V-C-G on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:31 pm

The campaign will work off a hexagonal battle map, which I am getting printed out this week. A copy for each side, good, bad , and neutral. Each hex will grant each side more overall points to build armies. The play will be divided into two weeks. One week will be used for movement, planning, and reinforcements, as well as planning abushes, and scouting new hexagonal squares. There will be main "events" at certain points to advance the storyline, each outcome of these fights will divert the story one way or the other. Eventually culminating in a massive battle where the fate of the world sways in the balance.

There are five 2 by 3 ft laminated maps, two for each side, and one for orcs and goblins. These will be used for each side to track movement, squares, or where they think the enemy might be. That's the basis for how it is meant to be played out, but the house rules will be adjusted as players commit, and we can flesh out any different rules as play goes on. It is a living campaign, so their is a lot of flexibility and movement for each side.

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 pm

So, you have 8 players so far? Or just a few guys playing a few armies?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  N-V-C-G on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Right now there are 5 of us confirmed from my group, one who might join if work allows. And two more people from here. So there is 8 of us.

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:18 pm

So this is where the other warhammer players are hiding?

We should join forces and make a supergroup!! Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  N-V-C-G on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Well I think that is a grand idea. Lol. So interested in joining the campaign good sir?

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 pm

I'll take Empire if there's room?

In all seriousness, it'd be nice to get the 2 groups together and see where that goes....

Do your buddies frequent this site?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  N-V-C-G on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 pm

One for sure. I forget his name. I'm sure he'll read this and pipe up. :-) I don't see why that can't happen. Three of them are vets. Me and one other just got our armies last year. I think empire is clear so I'll put ya down.

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blizzard435 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:52 am

I'm N-V-C-G's friend on the group. And to be fair, NVCG was sitting across from me at a table earlier this evening. I'm fairly new to the group myself and have only met some people in passing at the Den. I'm planning on going to Tooncon this year (was there last year but doing boardgames).

blizzard435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:28 am

Good to hear from some other Saskatoon players, I'll join with the Orc faction.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:46 am

I am all for bringng some groups together, and now that im starting to become less busy I will sign up with lizardmen

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  N-V-C-G on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:26 am

Good to see everyone's responses. Should be a good time.

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:30 am

Ill see if i can swing in with WoC before all the armies i own are spoken for Very Happy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:11 am

10:10:42
Kal wrote:Ill see if i can swing in with WoC before all the armies i own are spoken for Very Happy

That's the only reason I went in with Empire. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 am

Didnt even know u were doing Empire still Don. All good them Empire bores me. It lacks MEN!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  N-V-C-G on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:04 pm

If anyone wants to take the spot for Vampire counts, feel free. I'm only doubling up on the spot to help cover armies needed. And if anyone on either side has another army they can use on the same side feel free to take that spot too. Although having one person for each would be most awesome.

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Kal wrote:Didnt even know u were doing Empire still Don. All good them Empire bores me. It lacks MEN!

I got the chaostonnian army back from Carson - decided to turn them into a mounted empire army. Seems more appropriate and Scott will be happier at least. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm

I shall sign up with chaos dwarfs.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  N-V-C-G on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 am

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'll probably lock down the Roster next Sunday. Then once the roster is finalized we can try and set up a sort of get together. Then we can hand out materials and start to setup the house rules and just get to know one another. I'll set up a mailing list once we have a completed roster and probably set up a facebook page so people can join and keep up to date with each other without having to email or private message back and forth. Only a couple slots left, hope they fill up soon.

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Map

Post  N-V-C-G on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:28 am

Here is a link to the campaign map we will be using. You can see Master Squares for each army, as well as certain added items to areas of the world. If anyone has any questions let me know. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60865982/02542a.pdf

N-V-C-G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Final Roster

Post  N-V-C-G on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:35 am

So after much deliberation I realized I would be too busy this weekend to sort out the roster and start getting things prepped, especially with ToonCon around the corner. So I'll lock the list down now and start doing the leg work for the start of the campaign. Now all I'll need from everyone is the available armies each person has for the campaign, especially if the army is open. A list of total points and units from each would be good if a person has time to so we know what is available as the battles get larger near the middle to end of the campaign. And the last thing will be everyones best dates for games, and times of day as well. Then we smash that together and see what works best for the group. My email is n.macdonald1985@gmail.com, if everyone wants to send me that email and I'll compile a mailing list to keep everyone up-to-date with information as well. Plan a small get together for everyone, although I'm sure we'll get to know each other this weekend when we are squashing each other for power and glory :-D Can't wait to hear from everyone and get this ball rolling.

Final Roster-

The Good:
Bretonnia - Available
The Empire - Taken (Squalie)
Wood Elves - Taken (Blizzard435)
High Elves- Taken (Kev)
Lizard Men - Taken (Kyup)
Dwarves - Taken (The Hammer)
Tomb Kings - Taken (Emil)
Ogres - Taken (Brett)

The Bad
Warriors of Chaos - Taken (Kal)