wanted: dwarf stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wanted: dwarf stuff

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm looking for 1 cannon and 1 organ gun, new version, and as many slayers as I can get.

This will finish off my dwarf army. Let me know what you have and what you want for it.

Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wanted: dwarf stuff

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm keeping my slayers 'cause I love the mini's but I just wanted to know if you'd seen the Avatars of War plastic slayers? They look 'aight!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:02 pm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FmhFriwVlVU/UCgg6wAL3gI/AAAAAAAAI20/_AmJqb7jBvg/s1600/dwberserkers.jpg

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:43 pm

I ve seen the avatars slayers....they are great, just hard to find a box that dosn't cost your first born.

I'll take either ones really.

On another note, how are you coming on the orcs, Scott? We have such a great group of guys now, that you really need to return to the fold.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 am

I purchased a box of AoW Slayers i think the box of 20 shipped to my door cost me like 40$ with shipping, got them in about 3-4 weeks. Debating ordering a 2nd box to make a Horde of Slayers. Stock is the only issue with ordering i found, not price. Did you check The War Store? They have stock every now and then and are only in the US so easy.

The AoW Slayers look sexy, only thing i must say about them (ask Justin) is the entire time i was building them i was cursing the plastic. Its hard and sloppy as in nothing lines up. Plastic mold lines everywhere and u have to attach each hand to each wrist. So you WILL glue yourself to a dwarf atleast once. Ranking up is also impossible until they are each built, even then i had to number the bases. But once completed they manage to look alot "meaner" then the GW Slayers, as i find they are a bit more comical. Believe it or not I have actually painted up 5 of these Slayers i can post pictures later. Easy to paint except the joints arn't as seamless as id like them to be.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 am

http://www.thewarstore.com/product83601.html

Just checked , they have stock.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:51 pm

thanks sean

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Threadjack! Orc's are going OK. Finishing the 5th RnF Orc just now. It's about 1 hour start to finish per mini. They don't look fantastic, but not embarrassing and as I get better using the new technique they'll look better and should take maybe less time. Still painting one at a time but for now it's mostly so I can concentrate using this dudes technique. I bought like a 50 DvD set from the dude on Kickstarter way back and it showed up maybe a month ago. James Wappel is his name and I'll throw a link up to his spot laters.

Sean - Seriously consider not using super glue on plastic mini's. Thin brush on plastic glue works better! It's the shit. I use cheap testors stuff myself.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:42 pm

That is probably a good idea Scott but unfortunately Don started me out on thsi LePage Gel Superglue so now i can't use anything except that lol. If i ever have a unit that doesn't atleast have ONE model with some of my flesh on it id be surprised.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 pm

But it's a case of the right tool for the right job! Testors brush on plastic glue is about 4$ for a bottle. In my lifetime I have just recently cracked my second every bottle. I would estimate that I've put together about 12 armies worth of plastic as well as all sorts of other plastic model kits on the first bottle I finished off about a year ago. That bottle was purchased from HandiCraft supplies in downtown Saskatoon for those that remember it. It lasted that long!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 pm

good stuff, hit us with a pic if you will.

I've followed wappel for quite some time, his techniques are quite different but he comes up with amazing stuff.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:07 am

Ok that does sound better Scott, i go through like 6-10 tubes minimum an army and at 4-6$ each it isn't cheap lol. its money i could have spent on more figs! Where else can i buy this stuff?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 am

Orc's are going OK. Finishing the 5th RnF Orc just now. It's about 1 hour start to finish per mini. They don't look fantastic, but not embarrassing and as I get better using the new technique they'll look better and should take maybe less time.

Pics or it didn't happen.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top