Orc weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Orc weapons

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:04 pm

What's the conventional wisdom nowadays for Orc weapon mixes? I typically like hand weapon and shield but are spears "in" now? Any reason I should not arm boys with choppa and shield?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Orc weapons

Post  Carson on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Any weapon carried by an orc is considered a choppa, so spears would be +1 str in the first round of combat.

a shield gives a parry save in combat if combined with a handweapon. Ive thought of spears being quite good but you loose the parry save. Never tried it though.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:24 am

I would not go with spears, orcs are an offensive army spears are a defensive weapon. To get the most out of your guys it has to be in the first round of combat so when you lose attacks when charging its not a good idea. I think the norm is two hand weapons, play the game with as many dice a.as posible and hope for tne best, spend shield points on more bodies

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:59 pm

your probably right about the two hand weapons but I don't like the way the mini's look without shields. I love the Orc shields! I also think the majority of the knifey left hands are kinda lame. So I may take a hit gameplay wise but I have to include shields on the boys.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:11 pm

What kind of Orcs? Savage? If not, how come?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Reg Orcs. Have a bunch around. Trying out a new painting technique that lets you pound out RnF at a pretty decent looking standard. It's early days but it's seems to work OK. I backed a kickstarter from a dude way the hell back and got the DvD's with in the mail a week or so back. Giving it a whirl.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top