Campaign Signup

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Campaign Signup

Post  nathanr on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:41 am

A dark cloud gathers, borders which have held for generations of peace now see constant battle. Alliances, once strong are now tested and broken. All is not right in the old world and you must now make the choice, will you be one who fights for the order of civilization or will you be one who seeks to destroy it?

I'll be using my bretonnians (so all my campaign games will have a -1 for league points since they are not my league army).

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaign Signup

Post  Carson on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:47 am

I'll play with Vampire Counts

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:44 am

I'm in with Daemons.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:49 am

Wahhh how... how... how wasn't i the first to sign up?!  bounce 

Sean's Dwarf Throng is JOINING! ( I had a whole intro story typed out on my cell but when i left my apartment this morning and disconnected from wifi it reloaded the page on me and i is be SOOOO angury that im not re typing it. Long story short Dwarfs are here, we have axes, and we is gonna smash some face Very Happy )

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:42 pm

How is this campaigngoing to run? Itmay not fit into my work schedule depending on set up

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:27 pm

I was hoping to schedule it such that games would run every two weeks, we might be able to schedule it such that it could work better for you Andre but I'd need to know your schedule a bit better in order to do that. If we can't make it work for you to be a regular we could always insert you from time to time when you're available as a marauding band or chance occurrence. If you wanted to use your dwarfs we could have you striking out entries in your book of grudges or honouring old alliances.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:36 pm

I had a go at creating a map.  Here it is:

Only terrain features are mountains, forests, rivers and roads.  There are bridges where the roads cross the rivers.  Your browser may cut it off but it should be 20 hexes wide.  Let me know if you can't see it all.

I'm going to post some more in-depth rules but to get you started on thinking about what you might want to do I'll post some basics below:

1. Each player is going to pick a starting point to place their capital and then 6 additional hexes as their starting territory.  These hexes will be connected to each other but can be arranged however you want.
2. Each player gets 5000 points to divide up into armies however they see fit.  Minimum army size is 1000 points and maximum is 3000 (not using grand army rules).  I'm going to want to see army lists for each army posted before the campaign starts.  Armies will be able to be combined later but there will be some restrictions as to how that happens.
3. Armies move 4 spaces per turn on roads, 3 on open ground, 2 in forests and 1 in mountains.  Dwarfs will be able to move 2 in mountains but reduce everything else by 1.  It will take an army's entire movement to cross a river where there is no bridge.
4. There will be bonuses for holding strategic locations such as bridges, crossroads and mountain passes.  Sides will also get bonuses for capturing and holding more territory so keep that in mind.
5. Roads through forests and mountain passes will be treacherous and possible ambush locations.

Start thinking about your strategies and where you might want to set up on the map.  If you have any suggestions for me feel free to post them here or PM me.

Last edited by nathanr on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated map)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Is there a min distance that our starting tiles have to be away from enemy starting tiles?

Also where are the "mountain passes" on the map?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:31 pm

To start I'm going to say you can't put your capital within 5 hexes of an enemy hex.

The mountain passes are where the roads go through the mountains. To control the pass you must control all the hexes that make up the pass otherwise it will be contested.

Also, if a section of your territory gets cut off from the rest, it becomes neutral territory. To remain your's a hex has to have a connection to your capital. If you want visual examples I can give them.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Ok what if you surround a neutral hex, does that then become your territory?

How much are the bonuses worth for holding certain places?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Capturing hexes will be as simple as moving an army through it. I haven't decided on how the bonuses will work yet, likely a bonus in points available to your side or maybe extra magic items, unit upgrades etc. I'll work it out and post more complete rules later in the week.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Here's an example of how movement will work:

This player has set his starting hexes as shown with the blue borders. He has 3 armies. AAa is a 2500 point army while Bb and Cc are 1250 point armies (the Capital letters denote 1000 points and the lower case denotes between 1 and 999 points)

He makes the following moves:
AAa moves along the road SE, S, S, SE.
Bb moves NE, SE, SE (note that since the entire movement was not along the road Bb can only move 3 spaces)
Cc moves SW, NW, NW

After the moves are complete the player's territory looks like this:

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I will eventually create a new area on the forum (if I am able to) for all this and I'll get it nicely organized so that everything is easy to find. For now you'll just have to deal with this mess as best as you can.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Looks awesome SIR! ! this is gonna be ALOT of fun!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:44 pm

I dont want to limit you guys so best if i play the rogue element. With the disappearance of ARE i should be able to play against any army in the quest for answers

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Nathan I do have some suggestions for you on this campaign based on a computer game that I have played. The entirire game is a hexagonal conquest type game. Its quite longwinded to explain so when I have some time I will send you a pm about it. If you want to use it or stick with what you have totally up to you. Just some ideas

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:19 pm

That sounds great Dom, I'd love the input. I'm mostly just making this up as I go along.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 am

Hey boys, need another army to kick around?

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:13 am

If you will be available for games we'd love to have you! Anyone else who wants to join is still welcome to as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 pm

This is what we did back in the early days of the Warhammer group, what we also through in was bonuses from strategic points. E.g. if you controlled a wizards tower you got to take a free 50 point magic item, or if you controlled a town you got 50 points for rank and file troops for free. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work to maintain.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:04 am

I dunno what my schedule is going to be like for school. I'd be in with my Skaven in a capacity similar to Andre's random element. Ratmen could pop up anywhere with their underground tunnels and neverending search for more warpstone.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:52 am

Trenx and the Winter Squigs shall be happy to join the campaign (PSSSST THATS MY GOBLINS WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE) just let me know, however I do have a Pathfinder group going we meet every second sunday) and sadly my attention will be on it for those days. I don't see us meeting for warhammer on a sunday tho Very Happy

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:26 am

and sadly my attention will be on it for those days

If it's sad then why do it?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:49 am

Ok you're in too. I think I'm going to kick this thing off now. 6 seems like an ideal number, hopefully the map is not quite big enough for everyone to live peacefully together. Wink 

I will randomize the first turn placement, start writing up your army lists and post them in the thread that I will create at some point this morning.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:39 am

The Apothecary wrote:Trenx and the Winter Squigs shall be happy to join the campaign (PSSSST THATS MY GOBLINS WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE) just let me know, however I do have a Pathfinder group going we meet every second sunday) and sadly my attention will be on it for those days. I don't see us meeting for warhammer on a sunday tho Very Happy

HEY FRANK!!! You should invite me to this. im told im tons of fun and never annoying. ever. EVER *twitch*

Oi awsome Nathan lets get KILLING!... anyone guess what my nations key export is gonna be? Very Happy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top