Epic Flames of War Campaign

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Epic Flames of War Campaign

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 am

So I was talking to my brother a while back shortly after buying into Flames of War and he had a very ambitious idea. He figured you could play a game of Axis and Allies and instead of fighting the battles normally, you could have a game of Flames of War instead, using armies roughly equivalent to the type of forces in the Axis and Allies game. You'd need a fairly extensive collection of minis and terrain but if you could pull it off it would be epic.

It also got me thinking about a Warhammer campaign...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Epic Flames of War Campaign

Post  Kal on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:19 am

That sounds awsome for flames of war.

But yes more god damned importantly WARHAMMER Campaign! Now! Make it happen! Ive been reading through Blood in the Badlands and it looks like great fun! So do it. Im in with Dwarf Empire of Chaos. In fact skrew u guys ima just have my own campaign with myself against myself!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Over here, we just started a campaign for Warhammer amongst 6 of us. It is based upon the Blood in the Badlands publication from a couple of years back. Essentially what ties it together is a tile map, populated with tokens for army position and flags for treeitory control. Really, this creates a boardgame for your Warhammer. Battles are still fought in the usual way with some special scenarios interspersed. Players are encouraged to set terrain appropriate to the tile that thier armies are on. I see no reason you couldn't adapt this to any kind of board for either WHFB or Axis & Allies.
I'm going to do a video series to report the happening in this campaign, if you want to have alook in, go here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgzqu4jBWzk

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:14 pm

It seems that we need someone willing to run a campaign. This person is not me. I have neither the time nor the ambition to take on something like that. That said, I might be the person who ends up doing it because I'm a sucker for signing up for things like that.

So, if we do run a campaign the participants are going to have to be able to get games in semi-regularly, something our league has trouble with historically. IF I ran a campaign I'd make it mandatory to get 2 games in per month. We'd need 4-6 people to make it worthwhile and each participant would have to be willing to play any of the other participants within the required schedule as the campaign required.

Damn it, I think I just volunteered. I'll put something together and see where it goes. Expect to something by the end of next week and we'll go from there.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Ok as awsome as this is im not sure if its 100% fair to you Nathan, you already run our league and you have a shit ton going on compared to some of us. Id love to run a campaign but id honestly have 0 idea where to start, and being in MJ really doesn't help stuff much (anyone got a basement for rent Razz ) That being said if you still want to be foolish and undertake this project i wouldn't mind helping / learning along with you if you wanted to / had time. Because i think this would be totally awsome.

This all being said! Id be 100% in for joining! with Dwarfs, Empire or WoC whatever we need. and id be more than willing to face any opponent (even Don Wink lol) hell id even volunteer to play games FOR other people (Sean won them all btw, crushing victories)

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Do these games count towards the league? with reduced points or something? Also, what pt do we start at or does it escalate, are we allowed to dress up?  bounce weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:31 pm

I just back from Holidays today and saw this thread. I've wanted to try a campaign for some time now. The biggest problem of course is player participation and what campaign system to run. The old mighty empires campaign is cool and I have the tile set, I havn't had a chance to see these new campaign systems yet.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:35 pm

I've got some ideas that I'm hoping will work ok. I'll make it so that all games will count for league points and the scenarios will remain fairly standard so that the game results aren't affected too much by the scenarios.

I'll set up a sign up thread and then put together a campaign map. Rules will be fairly simple hopefully but will likely evolve with the campaign as I figure out what works and what doesn't.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:55 pm

Flames of War has an awesome campaign system! It would translate to Warhammer pretty easily rules wise but would take some doing. The number one killer of all campaigns is of course participation but the FoW system lets you resolve stalled battles on a d6 so you can crown a winner and move on if need be. Worth looking at!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:29 pm

As a lot of us are getting into FOW, a campaign would be something worth looking at too. Ive heard a lot of good things about the FOW campaign system. Actually, I havn't heard anything negative ever about FOW.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Im finding myself more interested in FoW i just feel it lacks stuff like swords dragons dwarfs elfs magic... Pritty much everything u need to be an awsome game!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:03 pm

I had my first real game the other day - and it was amazing. It's pretty cool that it's grounded in reality and everything on the table had a real story behind it.

Plus, I have to say that painting will be much easier than Warhammer.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:00 pm

squalie wrote:I had my first real game the other day - and it was amazing.  It's pretty cool that it's grounded in reality and everything on the table had a real story behind it.

Plus, I have to say that painting will be much easier than Warhammer.
Yes, I feel "smarter" after reading a FoW book as a lot of research into history has to be done to do up the lists (codexes)

|marauder|

View user profile http://facebook.com/groups/fowreginarifles

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:25 pm

And the threadomancy award goes to....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 am

squalie wrote:And the threadomancy award goes to....
You lost me Don?

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:44 am

I was just teasing about responding to a thread 8 months later. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |marauder| on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:18 am

squalie wrote:I was just teasing about responding to a thread 8 months later. Very Happy
Oh - well since I just got on this site -> it was my first opportunity to do so Wink

|marauder|

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top