Where is everybody?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is everybody?

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:05 am

Hey crew.

I've noticed that the site has been quiet of late. I get that summers are a fickle creature for gaming - especially with fellows with families. Weddings and holidays can make it difficult to organize a nerd gathering, but what I'm curious about is where are the fellas that used to game?

Where's Nathan.A., Bob, Geoff, Pud (who I've even pm'd), Frank, epegnr, etc....

I'm calling dudes out! Smile. At least post here every once in awhile promising to TRY to get a game in, join a league or whatever.  Our numbers are dwindling, and it's making me a touch concerned. We have a good bunch of lads a I'd hate to lose some of them.

I've messaged a few guys but have had no replies. None.  That's rude and it hurts my bad feelings.  At least tell me to &@$? Off. Wink

So...what gives?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everybody?

Post  Carson on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:01 pm

I know summer is always slow for everyone, I've dropped with my posting as well. Lets make an effort to reconnect with all the other good lads out there that are missing.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:11 pm

I am new to this warhammer thingy. How do you play? Sighs sarcastically. I still havent touched my army since garagecon. I went into my hobby room and was overwhelmed at where to start. My wife and i are going to bc this turnaround and last one i was ill for three weeks from taking care of my nephews the turnaround before. For those that dont know that stretch of time off and work is two and a half months. I pledge to get at least two games in by the end of my next turnaround.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:51 am

I'm moving back to Vancouver as of the 21st, but I'd love to game with anyone who has some time before then.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:19 pm

I might come up the 11th or 12th.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Sorry guys I've been dropping the ball as we'll lately. This moving thing is really time consuming. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be back to my usual schedule though and I might even be able to get some games in.

I have noticed a decline in our numbers over the past while though and it is definitely worrisome. We maybe need to make more effort as a group to be more inviting or provide more opportunities for new players to get involved. I've said this on more than one occasion, the problem is, all of us have jobs and/or families or real life commitments at different schedules so it makes it difficult to set anything up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Yep , I know I haven't even picked up a fig since the ladt time don came up for some games. For me its hard to get enthuesd to play when there are so few of us playing and only so much money to spend on the hobby with everything else life throughs my way... if it sounds like an excuse well it is

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:15 pm

I'm hoping that I made it clear that I'm not talking about everyone that has replied so far. You guys play, even when things get tough.

The names that I called out are guys that I want to continue playing. I hope, quite frankly, that they're flattered that a group misses their company and take this thread the right way..

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Yeah I havent really heard from anyone in a while either... oh wait that might have been my fault.

I personally had to take a short break from painting, and there was also a video game that my friends lured me into playing so that took up lots of my time.

Now video games are played and the itch to paint is creeping in, I'm back baby!

But yeah seriously, whats with all those other guys, jeez.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm

If it doesn't happen in Saskatoon, you'll get your hobby battery charged in full at the end of the month @ Warhammer'd. Is it just Don and Carson travelling to that?

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Galadros wrote:If it doesn't happen in Saskatoon, you'll get your hobby battery charged in full at the end of the month @ Warhammer'd. Is it just Don and Carson travelling to that?

Yup, only the hardcore guys are going.  Wink 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:49 pm

I would love to go but that's one of them... need a fully painted army to even enter. And I have yet to reach that level of dedication unfortunately.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:47 am

The Apothecary wrote:I would love to go but that's one of them... need a fully painted army to even enter. And I have yet to reach that level of dedication unfortunately.

Or find a guy that will get off his lazy ass and do it for you.  Embarassed

Last edited by squalie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Pff I don't know anyone like THAT Don  Wink 

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 pm

In all fairness Don. I try to connect with you to have a game at least once every week or two but never seems to pan out. The sneaky Skaven are always ready to get their asses handed to them. In fact Sean's dwarfs just finished cleaning rat guts off their axes. So just calling calling you out Wink

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:49 am

bluepeople wrote:In all fairness Don.  I try to connect with you to have a game at least once every week or two but never seems to pan out.  The sneaky Skaven are always ready to get their asses handed to them.  In fact Sean's dwarfs just finished cleaning rat guts off their axes.   So just calling calling you out Wink

But that's my point; I'm talking about the people that I WANT to game with.... Wink 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 pm

OOOOOoooOOOoOooOoooOOOO, plus he also said he wanted a game not a punching bag HEY OH. But I feel your pain Justin. I too know the sting of Dons terrible schedule. Seems he just is not all that available for gaming these days >.>

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:13 pm

I know right! its like he has a life or something. Yuck, I will continue to avoid such things at any cost. Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Oh god... Sean is actually making sence to me >.< LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE DON!!!

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:20 pm

My apologies to all. After the Warhammered event in Calgary that you turds are going to miss out on, my schedule is pretty much 100% open until Christmas. True story.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:49 am

I think the MJ guys have heard this line before. lol

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:46 am

Here Here. also Once again Don.. would be HAPPY to go on that Calgary trip I really would however I have previously stated my 1 issue  afro 

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:36 am

OH BURN! jeez u got me agreeing with these two DON! Same as Frank here WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!

Fine then once your sched is 100% open LETS GAME

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum