Be honest with me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Be honest with me!

Post  nathanr on Thu May 29, 2014 10:47 am

So I came across this thread:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?394828-Whats-the-Most-Frustrating-Army-to-Play-Against

and I find the fast-cavalry Dark Elf army featuring prominently. Am I THAT guy in our group? I really hope not but I expect you guys to tell me straight up if I am. I can honestly say that I came up with the idea for my dark elves on my own without the thought that it was going to be similar to what has become the "most frustrating army to play against". Heck, I didn't event think that it was going to be good, I just liked the way that it looked and I thought it would be fun.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Be honest with me!

Post  squalie on Thu May 29, 2014 11:10 am

Honestly? It is THAT army, but you are not THAT guy. It's a hella frustrating army to play against and I even admittedly had a droopy-lip playing against it but that's my personal issue I'm working on. Very Happy

It's amazing what happens to ones mood when we realize we're just playing fantasy war with plastic soldiers. Warlocks, hands down, are the biggest problem with the list. I've moved on and since made peace with the list so no worries from me.

It's my job to beat that list, not yours to soften it so it's easier for me to do so.

And let's be even more honest; you came up with that list "on your own" because it would look cool on the table and the book practically pushes one in that direction. I've had the sane thing happen to me. Power gamers put that list together before you had a chance to have fun with an all Cav list.

Just play it and have fun with it. DO expect some red faces though when 6 dicing the Warlocks TWICE! Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu May 29, 2014 12:00 pm

I agree with don it is a though army but its kinda like Sean's warriors, he plays what he wants, and by coincidence that just so happens to be really good.

I actually prefer your dark elf list over the normal blocks of infantry monsters and cross bows out the wazzzo. It makes for a more interesting game in my opinion.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks guys, I'm going to keep running the Dark Elves for a while yet now that I've got them all painted but I'll probably hang them up relatively soon, the new Wood Elves and Dwarfs have been calling my name!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu May 29, 2014 1:22 pm

I've got no problem with it, as its Nathan playing it. If it was some other asshole like Don say, then I would have a problem. The warlocks are what make it frustrating to play against. Without them, and say a sorceress on a steed to replace them, it would be a different apple.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 29, 2014 1:35 pm

You're talking like I'm a guy that would 6 dice Cacophonic Choir all game. .... Oh wait. Smile

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 29, 2014 2:06 pm

I agree that the warlocks are a bit over the top. I think if they had 1 less special rule (take your pick) they'd be better.

Either lose their ward save, or harsher miscast rules, or not fast cavalry, or not 2 poisoned s4 attacks, or some less-good spells, etc.

I don't really want to change up my list though because there aren't any good mounted sorceress models and I don't really feel like trying to convert one. I'll try to cut down on my 6-dicing slightly as I know how annoying it is.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 29, 2014 9:29 pm

It's very hard to cut the 6 dicing as the Warlocks are the absolute masters for not paying a huge penalty for doing so. I HAVE said it's a tough list, but I HAVEN'T said there's a dick behind the wheel of the army.

And really, at the end of the day if you won every game by a landslide then we'd have to look at possibly smashing the army when you weren't looking. Like most things in Warhammer once you play against it a few times things start to even out a bit as the initial shock wears off.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 30, 2014 6:41 pm

I have played and beat that army with ogres and dwarfs. The only thing i dont like is warlock miscast is not punitive enough. I hope their cost reflects it

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top