Results from Frist game ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Results from Frist game ever

Post  Druchi on Fri May 09, 2014 8:34 am

So, Jesse and I had a throw down last night in our first game (well mine anyways) of Warhammer Fantasy.

I liked it.

It was WoC vs VC in a 1000point game.

It was one sided the whole game with WoC totally smashing my undead face in. LOL

Learned, VC are not a very forgiving/playable army when all you have to work with is Core units Razz
WoC warriors are OP Wink

This is going to take a while to learn, but am up to the challenge. Already working towards my first monster. FEAR THE TERRORGHEIST!

And special thanks to Kuyp for coming down to help us with this game, it was very appreciated.

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Results from Frist game ever

Post  Kal on Fri May 09, 2014 9:13 am

It only gets better from here on in!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 09, 2014 9:14 am

WOC are a very forgiving army for beginners, VC not so much. Keep at it and you'll get the hang of it. Playing primarily against a warriors of chaos army is going to get old quickly though, make sure you mix it up with the rest of us too!

Congrats on your first game.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 am

Yeah totally.
Playing the same person, over and over again, will get dull.
I am hoping that once I can get enough points to play the common game (2500pts) that I'll be out at league events and the tournaments and stuff.

For now, I have a ton of painting I need to get done. Never had a horde army before, so I need to figure out the best way to set up and paint them all and keep a good standard to them (priming and washing with army painter is *too* simple for me, I need more to them than that, and I may regret saying that... lol).

But as I mentioned, I will be getting a terrorgheist next, and soon most like (this weekend maybe..?), but still that will only really let me hit 1500pts, and most of that will be core units. though at 1500 I can take an actual Vamp Lord with "alright" equipment. I didn't like the master necromancer leading my army...

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 am

We can play smaller point games as well. We arnt always locked to 2500

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 09, 2014 11:07 am

I even have three armies this weekend you can read the books make a list and try out how different armies operate with enough friendly experienced players to give you some insifhts

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic on Fri May 09, 2014 11:10 am

Hey it was my first game too!
But yeah, I didn't realize how much better warriors were over vampire counts core.
Learned lots and got lots to think about for tactics and how to expand my force (and that 6x2 khorne duel hw warriors are evil...)

judchic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Fri May 09, 2014 11:17 am

judchic wrote:Hey it was my first game too!
But yeah, I didn't realize how much better warriors were over vampire counts core.
Learned lots and got lots to think about for tactics and how to expand my force (and that 6x2 khorne duel hw warriors are evil...)

It tore apart my Skeleton unit with Master Necro in it... took 2 turns, but still.
Do those Khorne dudes have magical attacks? My answer to them might be ethereal units, Cairne Wraiths maybe, or just grab a couple Banshees to scream you back to the warp... lol.

But once I get this Terrorgheist *evil laugh*....

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Fri May 09, 2014 11:19 am

Mhael wrote:I even have three armies this weekend you can read the books make a list and try out how different armies operate with enough friendly experienced players to give you some insifhts

How late Sunday are you guys Garage Conning? Sunday is my free day, but only after 3pm ish, so depending how late you guys go that day will determine if I can come by (this isn't counting the chance I may be role playing with my other posse that day, but those plans haven't been fabricated yet - Jesse, maybe you and I can swing by the garage con for another learning duel? lol)

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri May 09, 2014 11:47 am

My schedule has people coming whenever they feel like it and i dont work until wednesday so by all means come over

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 am

Druchi wrote:
judchic wrote:Hey it was my first game too!

It tore apart my Skeleton unit with Master Necro in it... took 2 turns, but still.
Do those Khorne dudes have magical attacks? My answer to them might be ethereal units, Cairne Wraiths maybe, or just grab a couple Banshees to scream you back to the warp... lol.

But once I get this Terrorgheist *evil laugh*....

Yessss Khorne my favorite so many attacks. no the Core warriors do not have magical attacks. But you are unstable so he can still beat u with combat res. ranks + banner. if u cant wound enough. its a trade off

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Druchi on Fri May 09, 2014 12:17 pm

I guess my biggest challenge is just figuring out how everything works, proper deployments, movements, when to charge, how to position my units after my move so I don't get flank charged.

Kuyp gave some awesome advice on new undead units (raise dead spell) and how to position them to throw off other units like Jesses knights that charged in, and then when they charge the new unit they would be facing away from my knights so they wouldn't be able to flank charge easily. Etc.

I should have taken more shooting spells tho, but I had opted for the buffing spells, which considering how squishy I am didn't help at all.
If I had a Corpse Cart by those skele's and Zombies that got mutilated... giggitty...

Druchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Fri May 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Druchi wrote:I guess my biggest challenge is just figuring out how everything works, proper deployments, movements, when to charge, how to position my units after my move so I don't get flank charged.

In my opinion that one line deals with how you win at warhammer. Above everything else, movement is king. Some armies can afford to let themselves get flanked and will likely win combat (think your skeletons charging khorne warriors in the flank).

Don't underestimate augments and hexes on otherwise weak units. There's a few spells out there that make skeletons a deadly opponent even for many elites (it would take a lot to make them equal to khorne warriors).

But overall, VC are very magic dependent for the most part, which can be tough to fit in at 1000 pts.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top