Squalie's Slaanesh Warriors.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Squalie's Slaanesh Warriors.

Post  squalie on Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 pm

So I ended up with a bunch of Dark Eldar Wracks and other things and thought they'd look great as Slaanesh Monk Warriors.  Which, of course, since I have absolutely no willpower - I started to flesh out a Slaanesh Warriors army.  I was interested in finding out how good a list would be using the worst mark in the book - but the best background flavour in my opinion.  Turns out - pretty good.  6 dicing Cacophonic Choir is the great equalizer and even though I feel dirty using it, it's Slaanesh so I'm supposed to feel that way. Very Happy I've had a paint scheme in my head for awhile.  I was originally going to use it on the Savage Orc army I planned, but I think it'll work better here.  I want a very pale skin colour with diluted purples and blues in the skin creases.  Kind of a Vampiric bruised look.  The bases (unless I change my mind) will be a swampy/bog, shallow water theme.  I've tried to make all units of 6 as that is Slaanesh's number.

Dark Eldar Wracks used as Warrior Monks.  No Halberds, just many punch to the face kung fu goodness.  Used the Hellstrider command bits and they fit perfectly.

Hellstriders with Puppets War hounds.  I hate the new steeds of Slaanesh, these fit the Goth theme better.

These are my Forsaken.  I made enough for 3 units of 6 or an extra unit of female Slaanesh Warriors with extra weapon.  They all have bald heads and weapon arms from the Witch Elf box set.  Lots of little extra bits I had to buy.

2 units of 6 Slaanesh Knights using Gamezone Anointed Knight models.  They're beautiful, but go together and rank up like crap.  Typical Gamezone.  My lvl 4 Slaanesh Sorc Lord sits in front.

(In order) My Slaanesh Giant, Slaughterbeast and Slaanesh Chaos Spawn.  This is what $300.00+ dollars looks like. I've ordered bigger bases for the Blood-Maw (doesn't have teeth in yet) as he waaaaay overfills a Chariot base.  I should say that Mierce models go together VERY well and the resin almost feels like marble it's so dense.  Mucho quality.

As you all know how stupid I can be with buying/selling/trading and once I get an idea in my head I'm all in to win - until I get bored and sell.  Here's my Dragon Ogre list models that I'll probably sell after a few games.  Kholek Suneater will be my first special character ever in 20 years of playing Warhammer.

Last edited by squalie on Mon May 19, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Squalie's Slaanesh Warriors.

Post  ScottRadom on Sun May 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Quality stuff! I can't stand slaneesh at all. It's the worst god out there for sure. Have fun though!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun May 04, 2014 8:43 pm

I really admire the models you've put together for this project, other than the mierce goodness the hellstriders are my favourite.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun May 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Haha nice. Didn't you say at Carson's that the dragon ogres were not good and you were going to get rid of them? Kinda went the other way on that one I guess. I'm liking the way the slaanesh army is shaping up. I'm really interested in seeing how you paint it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 04, 2014 10:19 pm

nathanr wrote:Haha nice.  Didn't you say at Carson's that the dragon ogres were not good and you were going to get rid of them?  Kinda went the other way on that one I guess.  I'm liking the way the slaanesh army is shaping up.  I'm really interested in seeing how you paint it.

Ya, I already had the Dragon Ogres I was just waiting for the Kholek fig to shape it up. It's certainly not an army that you keep, it's just a list that you try out and move on. Should be fun for a little while though.

And really, haven't you learned by now that if I don't know what I'm doing at the best of times anything I say should be taken as a "Donism"?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

squalie wrote:
nathanr wrote:Haha nice.  Didn't you say at Carson's that the dragon ogres were not good and you were going to get rid of them?  Kinda went the other way on that one I guess.  I'm liking the way the slaanesh army is shaping up.  I'm really interested in seeing how you paint it.

Ya, I already had the Dragon Ogres I was just waiting for the Kholek fig to shape it up.  It's certainly not an army that you keep, it's just a list that you try out and move on.  Should be fun for a little while though.

And really, haven't you learned by now that if I don't know what I'm doing at the best of times anything I say should be taken as a "Donism"?

But after you paint an army like this, with the extra love and attention, does it really matter if it's a good gaming army? What I'm trying to say is that this can be a wonderful hobby project to potentially win you painting/presentation awards. Isn't that better than winning games? I hope that you will keep this army and give it the attention necessary to make something you're very proud to show off.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon May 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Its still a warriors army Wink. and they are MEN afterall

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon May 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Kal wrote:Its still a warriors army Wink. and they are MEN afterall

Every time you say this I get this overwhelming desire to throat punch you.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Galadros wrote:
squalie wrote:

Ya, I already had the Dragon Ogres I was just waiting for the Kholek fig to shape it up.  It's certainly not an army that you keep, it's just a list that you try out and move on.  Should be fun for a little while though.

But after you paint an army like this, with the extra love and attention, does it really matter if it's a good gaming army? What I'm trying to say is that this can be a wonderful hobby project to potentially win you painting/presentation awards. Isn't that better than winning games? I hope that you will keep this army and give it the attention necessary to make something you're very proud to show off.

Just to be clear; I'm going to put a lot of love into the Slaanesh army as I have a theme, a list I like and the cool models to back it up. I very rarely, if ever, back out of a project once all those (the trifecta) are fulfilled.

Having written that, I have no doubt that after a few games with the "Dragon Ogre" part of the army, I'll become bored with it as it will just keep me away from the armies and lists I like better. The danger of having a list that is too "themey" is that it will become stale. So, after a couple of wins/losses, the Dragon Ogres, Shaggoths and Kholek will probably be sold.

Now, having written THAT, I'm almost wounded that someone would think that the only reason I would sell an army, models, whatever, is that they're "no good". I think, and please (all of you) correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always felt that I have portrayed the type of gamer where winning is secondary and cool lists, having fun primary. Heck, I even made a Slaanesh list and didn't even give the Warriors Halberds. I have a Spawn, a Giant a Slaughterbeast and Forsaken and deliberately avoided the auto picks, AND tried to make the units of 6 for theme purposes wherever possible.

*Whew* sorry, got a little sensitive there. I'm ok now.... Very Happy 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 05, 2014 3:42 pm

bluepeople wrote:

I agree. But that goes for pretty much anything Sean says. Wink 

Also, to be fair, the jury is still out as to whether Slaanesh Warriors are men or not...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon May 05, 2014 3:49 pm

squalie wrote:
bluepeople wrote:

I agree.  But that goes for pretty much anything Sean says. Wink 

Also, to be fair, the jury is still out as to whether Slaanesh Warriors are men or not...

I'm pretty sure I saw some titties on some of your 'warriors'

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon May 05, 2014 3:55 pm

U sir are wrong. but we are getting off topic. love the army Don, totally going to look awsome once u paint it all up! and when you want to sell it lemmie know and we'll talk price Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Kal wrote:U sir are wrong. but we are getting off topic. love the army Don, totally going to look awsome once u paint it all up! and when you want to sell it lemmie know and we'll talk price Wink

Lol.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon May 05, 2014 4:58 pm

squalie wrote:
 Just to be clear; I'm going to put a lot of love into the Slaanesh army as I have a theme, a list I like and the cool models to back it up.  I very rarely, if ever, back out of a project once all those (the trifecta) are fulfilled.

Having written that, I have no doubt that after a few games with the "Dragon Ogre" part of the army, I'll become bored with it as it will just keep me away from the armies and lists I like better.  The danger of having a list that is too "themey" is that it will become stale.  So, after a couple of wins/losses, the Dragon Ogres, Shaggoths and Kholek will probably be sold.

Now, having written THAT, I'm almost wounded that someone would think that the only reason I would sell an army, models, whatever, is that they're "no good".  I think, and please (all of you) correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always felt that I have portrayed the type of gamer where winning is secondary and cool lists, having fun primary.  Heck, I even made a Slaanesh list and didn't even give the Warriors Halberds.  I have a Spawn, a Giant a Slaughterbeast and Forsaken and deliberately avoided the auto picks, AND tried to make the units of 6 for theme purposes wherever possible.

*Whew* sorry, got a little sensitive there.  I'm ok now.... Very Happy 

I know how you feel. It is what has kept me from making really themed lists like a goblin wolf rider army or NASCAR chariot army. With my Dark Elves I feel that I've found the trifecta that you are talking about but I'm also worried that even that could get stale and I have very little interest in expanding the dark elves much beyond what I have now.

I have never seen you as a power gamer Don, probably because the first time I played you it was my Wood Elves vs your Beastmen. In those days, the only army hurting more than wood elves for a new release was beastmen!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon May 05, 2014 6:04 pm

I certainly didn't want to give the impression that I thought your wins/losses meant more to you. I should have taken it further by saying 'Why sell an army if they become stale on the the tabletop? You'd still have a great collection of models for your showcase.'

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon May 05, 2014 6:55 pm

I'm the only powergamer in Saskatoon. No body else comes close to my level of awesomeness. Kieran was totally calling you out Don. I think this calls for a road trip to duke it out manly style.....you know, with toy models ands such.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 05, 2014 6:57 pm

First off, I knew I'd get you bitches to backpeddle...you're so Canadian.  Laughing 

Second: let me explain who and what I am. I literally almost have anxiety attacks (not really) when I have armies that I'm not using. The phenomenon only seems to revolve around Warhammer. I have dust covered collections of all kinds and it doesn't bother me that I haven't touched them in years. With my armies though, I have a very tough time keeping something I'm not using. I love my High Elf and Tomb Kings armies, but it drives me crazy when I don't use one in a league. So imagine my mental breakdown when I add an additional army (or two - now with Beastmen Wink ) and now I have to divide my gaming time with 4 armies?!?!?!

I'm pretty certain I'm going to lose it and it's YOU poor bastards that have to deal with my Warhammer neurosis. Very Happy 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon May 05, 2014 10:14 pm

We will just have you institutionalized if it comes to that.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue May 06, 2014 10:31 am

I do gotta say, i don't know why your breaking your Special Character Cherry with Kholek Suneater. borring! i would have totally expected a TK special character or something! One day your gonna tell your grand children about yoru first special character and its gonna be Kholek! Do you want that to be your legacy?!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue May 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Carson wrote:I'm the only powergamer in Saskatoon. No body else comes close to my level of awesomeness. Kieran was totally calling you out Don. I think this calls for a road trip to duke it out manly style.....you know, with toy models ands such.

It's funny that you read that into my response, Carson. You're not entirely wrong though. You fools do need a road trip to test your mettle against some true talent (i.e. ME). How does MAY 31 feel?

squalie wrote:I'm pretty certain I'm going to lose it and it's YOU poor bastards that have to deal with my Warhammer neurosis.

I interpret this as... "My neurosis will benefit the community with painted armies at a discount price."

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue May 06, 2014 8:04 pm

I actually didn't, I just gleaned it from Don's response.

May is a bad month for me to travel....too much work to do. Don and I are registered for Calgary in July though.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm

I interpret this as... "My neurosis will benefit the community with painted armies at a discount price."

Lol, true. True.

Yup, Carson and I are up in Calgary for the July 26 event. We'd totally let you hang out with us. Very Happy 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Wed May 07, 2014 12:18 pm

[quote="squalie]
 Lol, true.  True.

Yup, Carson and I are up in Calgary for the July 26 event.  We'd totally let you hang out with us. :D [/quote]

I did see that you signed on for Warhamme'd, and was looking forward to hanging out with you.... until you used the phrase 'totally'. You're such a valley girl!

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Ok, this is what I'm settling on...I bought some Black Guard Halberds and arms and they fit the bill. Slaanesh Warrior army now just needs to be painted.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri May 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Those look good! So it's a warriors army again?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top