bringing on the chaos!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bringing on the chaos!

Post  judchic on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 pm

So I'm looking at warriors of chaos and not sure where to start building an army. currently I have 12 sword n board warriors and the plastic chaos lord. I'm holding off buying more until I can get an idea of how the army plays. I was hoping to play a nurgle/khorne mix with lots of warriors, chosen and skullcrushers.

judchic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: bringing on the chaos!

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Well sir. there are many things you can do. Warriors are a solid core. with a few groups of hounds as redirectors. maybe a core chariot or 2 and you would have your core. Skullcrushers are very mean. i run 4 of them in most lists. Chosen sadly arn't the most amazing choice. but i love the figs so i run them from time to time. Dont get me wrong they are still a solid choice, just not the most optimal. Nurgle and Khorne are very solid, nurgle being more so. I run a pure Khorne list ususally, but have fallen into enjoying Slannesh magic alot. Knights are fun as well, 1+ AS, but they are not as popular as Crushers, but with a smaller frontage they can sneak in places Crushers cant. Awsome thing about Chaos is your casters come with a 4+AS and can even beat up Lords from other armies Wink. Mean stat line. In my list i run 20 Khorne Warriors, 5 Khorne Knights, 4 Skullcrushers, 1 Hellcannon, 10 Hounds, 2 Khorne Chariots, 1 Daemon Prince (that i have dropped due to him being too good / no fun), 1 Khorne Exalted Hero BSB. OR some Warshines with some chosen, rolling 4 dice on the eye of the gods chart Wink. I have 10 Steeds of Slannesh i play for fun sometime because marching 20" and Vanguarding off 1st turn is a blast. so once you got a solid core down its all your own flavor from there. no choice in the army is "bad". even Dragon Ogres fit in some of my lists. Marauders may be the one thing that arn't exactly worth their points anymore.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:54 pm

so whats a good starting point to aim for points wise?

judchic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:45 pm

We all play 2500. But 1500 is good for starter armies untill u build up

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 pm

O and if your ever around for an event at the den or something like that and need to borrow some models to fill out 2500 pts. I have almost everything in the WoC book to some degree so i could bring some figs. Just gotta lemmie know

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top