New Wood elves

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Wood elves

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:17 am

Love that paintjob on the wildwood rangers.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:21 am

I agree someone posted them on the dwarf forum yesterday and i was just enthralled by them! If i can make an army with just Rangers and tree doods... then i may make a Woodie Army Wink just maybe

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:31 am

The armywide special rules are Martial Prowess and Murderous Prowess as long as the unit is partially within a forest. Not bad, especially considering that they still get a free forest and have an item which can create another one.

Glade guard bows are armour piercing and units can purchase special arrows giving them different abilities such as AP-3, no negative modifiers to hit, +1 to wound vs forces of order, +1 to wound vs forces of chaos, poison, etc.

Waywatchers can either shoot 2 shots each or ignore armour with a single shot. Goodbye knights!

Warhawks get killing blow on the turn they charge and both rider and mount get AP

Wild riders get frenzy and AP

Lots of other rules floating around out there but I'm definitely liking the look of things.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 am

Seems like they could be very mean indeed. the no armor saves / killing blow scares me the most.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOf3El1gOA

Some cool rumours on lore attributes. High Magic heals wounds from unit the wizard is in and dark magic puts counters on units hit by hexes. counters add extra wounds on damage spells.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Here's a link to a full list of the rules that have been listed thus far:

http://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerFantasy/comments/247s27/wood_elves_rules_rumours_compilation/

Lots of interesting things...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 pm

And the good news is all Wood Elf armies come with a special prize. 50 cocks in your mouth! You can take 'em all at once or one a month for 50 months. Your choice.

Wood Elves... they just keep making them less and less manly.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:58 am

ScottRadom wrote:And the good news is all Wood Elf armies come with a special prize.  50 cocks in your mouth!  You can take 'em all at once or one a month for 50 months.  Your choice.

Where's an Admin when you need one? Oh wait...

Also, Eternal Guard are CORE?! If that is true my wallet may be in trouble.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:21 am

ScottRadom wrote:And the good news is all Wood Elf armies come with a special prize.  50 cocks in your mouth!  You can take 'em all at once or one a month for 50 months.  Your choice.

Elves have never been manly, you thich-headed Dawi! That doesn't mean they can't kill you while you're still grumbling about it. Coming from a race whose females are hairier than the males, I can perhaps understand your confusion about this. I'm sure the females have cocks also, so that the miners can just 'soul-train' through the narrow tunnels. Living in the dark to hide their shameful bro-mances seems pretty common amongst those pipe-smoking, neck-beards!

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Dwarf women are the real reason there are so few dwarfs.

I feel part of your sentiment high elves are pretty phallic, but try and hide it dark elves are to but they just want to show everyone. Wood elves just get a bad rap because they are elves.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Kuyp wrote:Dwarf women are the real reason there are so few dwarfs.

Hahaha!

I think I've got my list pretty much figured out. I'm going MSU again, not sure how well it will work but I'm going to try it anyway.

Core will be 3 units of 10 glade guard and a unit of 10 dryads
Special will be 2 units of 3 treekin, 5 wild riders, 2 units of 5 wardancers, 2 units of 5 scouts
Rare will be a treeman, 2 units of 5 waywatchers, 2 giant eagles.
Characters will be a spellweaver (lvl 3 or 4) with lore of shadows, 2 shadowdancers

I'll have 4 scouting units, 2 fliers and a unit of fast cavalry to harass and then a few combat groups to hopefully make combined attacks with. All the while laying down some withering arrowfire from the glade guard blocks. I think I can fit it all in.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Does anyone else think that those ranger models would make better executioners than the DE exec models?

Other than that most of it looks pretty good to me, aside from the actual stag mounts, which should be bigger.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:19 am

The rangers are great looking models, I can see a lot of kitbashing opportunities there. I actually think a combination of the hoods with the skull masks of the executioners would look sweet but it would be a lot of work.

I'm replacing the stags with fenrisian wolves for my wild riders, there is still the mount size issue (the wolves are maybe a touch too small) but the poses of the wolves actually mirror the poses of the stags so the riders work amazingly well with them without any tweaking.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top