Smoking mountain grudge

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smoking mountain grudge

Post  Mhael on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:56 am

I have decided with the new dwarf book to change my army and style of play. Everyone knows i have played my Dwarflord Alrik Rey Enano since the start of my warhammer life (thats right i refer to my start of warhammering as my second birth). In a recent battle against Don, ARE fell for the last time with no amount of Bugmans able to revive him. As such I will now be playing a storyline tactic which follows the group of rangers who could not help in the demise of ARE being too far off. These rangers have the task of bearing the news back to the Enano kin at the Smokung mountain karak and then taking the slayers oath in their shame. ARE's sons will take up the hunt for their lord and father's killers fighting many battles along the way.

This being said there are no implications for others but my army choices will chronicle certain squads in their attempt for vengenance and recovery of ARE's body.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking mountain grudge

Post  Galadros on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 am

I fully endorse this style of immersive Warhammering, and applaud you for building your own Warhammer history. It reminds of a time when I played my Empire army actively and kept a war journal, in which the enemy general was named, and key units in the game were noted. I'm already looking forward to this dwarven tale.
Who will take up the mantle of leading the throng? Where will the rangers begin thier search? How many bodies will lie in the wake of thier quest?

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 am

I have to hammer an outline of my idea but will try to do a weekly update posted on the forum and plan on labelling each model as per the storyline to really add a cross reference of realism. I am pretty excited over this

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Nice Andre,

In all the armies I've played, I have kept the same names for my characters and have kept tabs on their exploits and sometimes lack thereof.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm not a successful enough player to bother getting attached to my characters.  Very Happy 

I feel like I have a part in all of this and we could have a scenario game with the body of Enano being the ultimate prize. I noticed that he was conveniently left at my house (cleverly hidden) and a showdown for the little blighter would be awesome.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:56 am

Yes that will be the end goal tracking down those pointy ears for vengenance

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:51 pm

This sounds so exciting. I want my skaven in on this? How do we spill some dwarf-thing blood?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 pm

The men of the empire will come to the aid of the dwarfs!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm definitely going to want to get in on this. My dark elves need some revenge after being blasted apart by your expeditionary force. This is one of the best things about Warhammer and kudos to you Andre for having the motivation to make it happen.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 pm

The nice thing is you get a relaxed campaign narrative that each person can make personal to themselves or set up a game against another narrative player just to see how you affect their story.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top