Loose Musician Instruments?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loose Musician Instruments?

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:38 am

With Carson going all hardcore on the whole WYSIWYG for command models I'd like to make sure I have my musicians represented but I don't like the look of a guy going into the frontline of a battle with a trumpet instead of a weapon in his hand. Instead I want to have the horn tucked away or slung over a shoulder or something. Does anyone know of any kits that have what I'm looking for or am I going to have to try to convert it?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loose Musician Instruments?

Post  decker_cky on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 am

nathanr wrote:With Carson going all hardcore on the whole WYSIWYG for command models I'd like to make sure I have my musicians represented but I don't like the look of a guy going into the frontline of a battle with a trumpet instead of a weapon in his hand.  Instead I want to have the horn tucked away or slung over a shoulder or something.  Does anyone know of any kits that have what I'm looking for or am I going to have to try to convert it?

Shouldn't be too difficult to find a horn from various kits and shave off any hand holding them. What race are you looking for?

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 am

Greatswords from the empire have a trumpet thing. i have many extras.... So many,  Sad just too too many

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:44 am

I was thinking for my Dark Elves and yes, I could cut off the hand. I've done that on occasion but I find it wrecks the geometry of the instrument and doesn't quite look right. I suppose I should just suck it up and quit being a perfectionist on this. I can always hide it behind the cloaks or otherwise camouflage the imperfections.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:49 am

Ogres have a horn that gets stapped to thier belt. Maybe a bit big, but more appropriate than the trumpet that comes with Empire troops.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:57 am

I'll look through my bits. Something slaaneshy or daemonic could work?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:00 pm

I probably have some spare instruments from the Mantic elf sprues, which aren't held in a hand:

How many are you looking for?

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:56 pm

I have 8 units that need musicians (2 cold one knight units and 6 dark rider units). I probably would only need 2 horns for the cold one knights since the dark riders have the long cloaks to cover up any imperfections created by cutting off the hands from the horn bits.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top