Re: Spring and Summer 2014 Leage Reporting Thread

Post  Kuyp on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:49 am

Sounds good see you then

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Just so we're clear, are we talking this Thursday (the 23rd) or next Thursday (30th)?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:46 pm

The 23

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Great!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Date of Game - Oct 22
Name - Don (High Elves) VS AARON (DARK ELF)
Number of Points - 2400
Result - crushing win for Don
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Don was. I was fully painted!!!!!!

If you haven't had the chance to play against Aaron, make some time to do so. Very nice guy and a definite asset to our group.. We'll need one more like him to balance out for Sean, but it's a start! Very Happy

So anyways, I thought I was in trouble right from the start as I was playing the cheating, no good, broken, Mat Ward, Dark Elfsies. GAAAAAWWWWDDDD, I hate this army!!!!! After apologizing for my incessant whining about Dark Elves, I finally figured out where my whining comes from...other than being a whiney bitch.

When I play against DE with my Daemons, Beastmen, Tomb Kings, etc, the Dark Elves book seems to annoy me at most. When I play against them with my HE my annoyance turns to full on sucky mode....and it's because I'm constantly reminded how much better DE are than my precious HE. Hell, they even have a core choice (Corsairs) that went almost toe-to-toe with my 40 Swordmasters! With going first, reroll ones to wound and a built in 4+ armour (Chaos Warrior realm) I was sweating bullets in that combat.

Not much to tell, I just got a jump on the Dark Elves and Aaron didn't recover. Once again reminded how baaaaad the Skycutter chariot is (Dang, shouldn't have painted that model - gotta use it now!)

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:42 pm

I assure you the scales will ever be tipped in my favor in such regard Don. Regardless of your attempts at "balance"

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:18 am

Dom and I had our playoff game and it came right down to the last combat in the last turn. His slaan failed his break test in the bottom of turn 6 to give me the point swing I needed for victory. I'll post a longer summary later or maybe Dom will. It was a really tight game and I really enjoyed it. Andre you're next!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 am

Your welcome Nathan. I played Dom on tuesday and softened his lizzies up for you. I am off until wed so if you have time after onslaught...

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:45 am

If you're up for an evening game I could probably do Monday or Tuesday night starting at 8:30.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:37 am

Monday works better for me

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 am

Ok, battle report time:

Dom lined up against me with a rock-hard list featuring 3 big blocks of infantry (2 saurus and a templeguard) an ancient stegadon, a troglodon, a bastilodon and a skink chief on a stegadon. It was everything I love in a lizardman list. He played it pretty safe to start out with but hit a snag as his slaan miscast in his first turn and dropped 2 magic levels. My big fear this game was magic so it was nice to have that even the odds for me. The first combats were at either flank of Dom's line as I charged both of his stegadons, the ancient with a unit of dark riders and the skink chief with my master on a dark pegasus and a unit of dark riders in the flank. The ancient took a wound and then turned to face the dark riders who suddenly had second thoughts about prodding a large dinosaur with sharp sticks. The Master and dark riders managed to break and run down the skink chief but the Master took 2 wounds in the combat. Everyone else shuffled forward. In Dom's next turn he advanced far enough to force me to charge in my next turn. Not much else of note happened as I fled from a troglodon charge with a unit of dark riders and his bastilodon failed to charge in to help the ancient (not like it really needed help).

In my next turn it was charging time. My warlocks charged the flank of his saurus block while my BSB's cold one knights went in the front. My cold one chariot charged his other block of saurus but my general's cold one knights couldn't complete their charge because they were blocked by impassable terrain. Drat! In the magic phase I had 12 dice to work with so I threw 6 dice at a boosted soulblight which went off even though Dom threw all of his dice to dry to dispel. I then cast a second soulblight on his beleaguered saurus unit and a doombolt at his templeguard. All in all it was a good magic phase. The shooting phase saw my scourgerunner kill 4 templeguard with a well-placed harpoon. In combat the sacrificial dark riders put another wound on the ancient, took 2 wounds in return leaving only the standard bearer facing down 2 tons of mad dinosaur. Miraculously he held. The warlocks and cold one knights cut through the T2 Saurus like a hot knife through butter. The warlocks tried to overrun into the flank of the templeguard but only went 2". The cold one knights reformed to face the inevitable charge. The cold one chariot didn't fare as well. It did manage to hold though.

In Dom's next turn his templeguard hit home and his troglodon positioned itself right in front of my general's unit angled such that I could not use them to come to my bsb's aid. The laser on the bastillodon melted a unit of dark riders and in combat his ancient finished off the last dark rider. My fast-dwindling cold one knights managed to hold against his templeguard but I was down 6 knights and the ancient was looking to crash into my flank. In my turn my warlocks and pegasus master charged into the templeguard looking to help and my general's unit charged the troglodon. The scourgerunner shot at the bastilodon, hit but then rolled a 1 to wound. My other cold one chariot also tried to charge into the templeguard but to do so they had to navigate a forest. Of course I rolled a 1 for dangerous terrain and then followed that up with a 6 and the chariot disappeared in a glorious explosion of kindling. With the added help the combat went a little better but the pegasus master died and the warlocks were reduced to 1 model as well and all that was left of the knights was the champion and the bsb. They all held once again. The general's unit made short work of the troglodon and positioned themselves to charge the flank of the templeguard.

Dom's turn saw his ancient stegadon flank charge the remaining cold one knight and his other saurus block charged a unit of dark riders that was positioned to protect the general's knights. In combat the cold one knight champion was killed as was the remaining warlock leaving only my bsb facing an ancient stegadon and dwindling unit of temple guard. He managed to hold once again. In my turn I charged my general's unit into the flank of the templeguard but there was only 1 rank remaining and Dom declared a challenge with his slaan so I was quite limited in the amount of help I could provide. I managed to win combat but his stubbon cold-blooded re-rollable break tests were pretty tough to fail. We stayed in that combat for the rest of the game. In my last shooting phase my scourgerunner took a shot at the bastilodon, harpooned it and dragged it 5" to take off it's last wound. In the combat my bsb finished off the last of the templeguard but fell to his ancient stegadon and my unit champion actually got cut down by his Slaan. At the end of that combat Dom's slaan was down by 2 and wasn't stubborn anymore. He failed 2 breaktests and that was game-over. When we added up the points it was the slaan's break that swung the points in my favour, otherwise it would have been a draw in Dom's favour.

Great game that came right down to the wire.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Mhael wrote:Monday works better for me

Monday at 8:30 works. My wife will be out of the house so it'll have to be at my place. I'll do my best to have the kids in bed and sleeping by then.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:11 pm

That will be fine. I may need your adress again. How was the tourny? Any plans for a new league kick off event in two weeks

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:45 pm

The tourney was good. I went 1-3 with the dark elves but I got to see what Nagash is like on the other side of the table so that was fun Rolling Eyes

Actually, I really enjoyed 5/6 turns in my game against Nagash and I came close to winning it too but I just couldn't get the finishing blow to land. I'll try and write up some battle reports or at least some comments on my experience

As for a league kick-off, I think that's a really good idea. Not sure when it could happen but we can probably figure something out.

See you tomorrow evening

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Andre and I had our playoff game tonight, he adopted a defensive formation in the corner while I hovered around about 15" away and picked at him and tried to find a chink in the dwarf shield wall. I managed to take down his two thunderer units and then a slight shift in his formation allowed me to sneak in a cold one knight charge that destroyed his longbeards. I then foolishly tried to take on his hammerers on turn 6 but he easily passed his stubborn 10 reroll able break test and then made me pay for my cockiness with a rear-charge from his ironbreakers. I needed a 3 to stay and my general miraculously held meaning everything else could flee without risking being caught. In the end it was a minor victory for me 900ish to 600ish.

On to the finals!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 am

We had some balanced frustrations this game as Nathans magic phase was as pointless as my shooting phase.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:54 am

It is true, I think your shooting killed a grand total of a unit of dark riders! Your cannon took 3 shots at my scourgerunner and managed a single wound. One the flip side I only got a single spell off all game. Granted, it was soulblight and it allowed me to munch my way through your longbeards that much faster. I could have used that spell in a lot more places though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Well, Don and I had our league final today with my dark elves facing off against his legions of chaos. His entire army pretty much tried to charge me right from turn 1. Lucky for me he failed most of his charges and I was able to start picking off his army unit by unit. In the end he had his Lord of Khorne on juggernaut and a unit of flesh hounds. If we had played until turn 8 that Khorne lord might have finished off the rest of my army but lucky for me the game ended at turn 6.

I guess this means I am the league champion this time around. Unfortunately I had to leave after that but it looked like Andre put on quite the show once again. Hopefully someone kept track of the games that were played today. I'll put together the ladder and a new league reporting thread by Monday.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Date of Game - Nov 13
Name - Don (Chaos Legion) VS Aaron (Lizardmen)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - crushing win for Don
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Neither painted

A Khorne Lord on Jugger still kicks ass, not sure why all the sissies play Daemon Princes? Wink Ripperdactyl's are very, very good. Great opponent, good game.

Date of Game - Nov 15
Name - Don (Chaos Legion) VS Nathan.R. (Dark Elves)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - crushing win for Nathan
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Nathan was. I was not

I wish I took this stuff more seriously. Tried my Chaos Legion list, forgetting to bring my Daemons. My whole Khorne army rushed forward while my Bray Shaman with Scroll "Iggy, Bearer of the Parchment", literally sat in the Outhouse on the table for the whole game. Honestly, the greatest moment in my history of Warhammer. Very Happy Frenzy is a tricky thing to mitigate when your whole army has it and the pointy ears picked me apart while dancing around. My Khorne Lord on Jugger (still awesome) stood in the center of the table screaming challenges while holding the head of the Master on Pegasus....and didn't even break a sweat. Wink the Dark Elves had proven their point though and rode off to leave the Khorne Lord to himself.

Date of Game - Oct 22
Name - Don (Chaos Legion) VS Dom (O&G)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - crushing win for Dom
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Neither painted

Really enjoy playing against O&G. So much in fact that I'm always tempted to start one. I also always appreciate Doms' play style as he makes about as far away a net list as you'll ever find. Appreciate that.

The Reign of chaos stole a Goblin Sorcerer and replaced it with a Slaanesh Herald which quickly beat up some Boar boys. I spread my army out foolishly as I always seem to care more about how the army looks on the table than what's going to happen turn 2-3. That is stupid ego getting in the way. Very Happy Dom played well and Goblins with Nets are pretty handy fellows to have around.

I'm having a ton of fun with this single minded army and shall continue to tweak it to get back at the armies that dare to stand against me.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Don if you want to do some OnG I have lots and lots of sprues of stuff for the cheap.

Thanks to Andre for hosting! Appreciate it.

I played Carson's Empire. We were both fully painted and I massacred him.

I played Justin's Skaven and massacred him.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:42 pm

I was also fully painted.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Yes, sorry! I meant to put that both you and Carson were painted. Nice stuff man!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey Scott have you got many orcs on spures? Im after one specific pose, arms, heads, weapons and body

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Yes, many Orcs.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 pm

Other than my game with Scott as mentioned above I had a game vs Matt and his Vampire hordes.

Date of Game - Nov 13
Name -Carson (Empire) vs Matt (Undead)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - crushing win for Matt
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Carson

Really fun game although I had my ass handed to me on a platter. I tried a non wizard list on the weekend and it really showed what can happen against strong spell lists.
Great to have Scott out again, really enjoyed the day!
Thanks Andre for hosting the day.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top