View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spring and Summer 2014 Leage Reporting Thread

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Kal wrote:Date of Game - SEPT 1
Name - SEAN (DWARF) VS JUSTIN (SKAVEN
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for SEAN
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? NEITHER (Justin was almost minus 1 Lightning cannon that managed to do nothing all game)

Was a fun game, Battle for the Pass. Dwarf Bolt Throwers Do nothing fyi

Good to hear!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Date of Game - SEPT 14
Name - SEAN (TOMB KING) VS JUSTIN (SKAVEN)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Regular win for SEAN
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? I think Justin was painted

Was alot of fun to use Tomb King. Had a rly strong first turn where my 1 flaming catapult killed his hellpit and my casket killed one of his Lightning Cannons. After that ALOT of chariots bounced off ALOT of stuff. I managed to use a Feedback scroll to pop his Seer in the face. His warlord with his Fellblade one shot my War Sphinx. I had a horde of Tomb Guard with a Tomb King had fun walking straight down the middle of the field. I kinda don't like Thy Will Be Done. It only gives the unit WS 6 so everything still hits you on 4's but atleast u hit stuff on 3's. I ran two lvl 2's, one light and one TK lore. seemed to be enough for me. Skele' Archers are fun always hitting on 5's but they still can't seem to hit the broad sign of a barn. Was a fun game, Justin was good at being patient while i attempted to figure out what the army did lol.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Jeez Sean, you were doing so good until the dumb statement about My will be Done. Rolling Eyes

Anyhoo;

Date of Game - SEPT 11
Name - Don (Daemons) VS Aaron (Dark Elves)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Victory for Aaron
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Aaron painted I was not

Aaron )pod720)and I had our game from the Regina league but I thought I would post it here.

A very good game against a very nice fellow. Anyone that hasn't had the opportunity to play against Aaron should make time to do so - really good guy and a nice addition to any gaming group.

We had a very hard fought game with it being pretty neck and neck the whole time. At the beginning a six dice Warlock unit blasted my Exalted chariot out of existence. 8 wounds even after ward saves should tell you how brutal that was. Near the end I thought I had the game in hand as my Keeper of Secrets, after smashing the Dreadlord Cold One unit, had her dark energies raging to cast a blanket Cacophonic Choir - which would have certainly crippled the remaining Dark Elves into surrender. This wasn't to be as before I could put my plans into place, a Bolt thrower crew member closed his eyes and pulled the trigger. A bolt flew true and landed squarely in the middle of the forehead of my Surprised Keeper of Secrets, toppling the Daemon and giving Aaron the bragging rights to a 680 point bolt thrower shot!

Looking forward to a rematch! Victory for pod720, he was painted and I was not.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:19 am

Date of Game - SEPT 21
Name - Justin (Skaven) VS Andre (Dwarfs)
Number of Points - 3000
Result - Crushing Victory for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Both were painted

Was able to overwhelm the dwarfs - too many targets to shoot at. Storm Banner effectively immobilized the gyrocopters for a turn which was helpful and also slow down his shooting. I didn't misfire all game which was very important and my cannons were spot on even taking out an entire unit of Ironbreakers with a very lucky shot.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Date of Game - SEPT 19
Name - Nathan R (Wood Elves) VS Dom (Lizardmen)
Number of Points - 3000
Result - Crushing Victory for Dom
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? I was painted, can't remember if Dom was.

This was definitely a learning experience for me with the Wood Elves. 2nd game with the new book and fresh off a crushing defeat to Dwayne's Warriors of Chaos. I bounced off of his saurus blocks and his ancient stegadon smashed through my treeman faster than I thought possible. D3 wounds on impact hits is serious business. I'll get you next time Dom!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:01 am

Two games against Don Friday
Game one
Dwarfs vs High elves 2500 pts
Crushing win for Don
Neither fully painted

Game two
Dwarfs vs tomb kings 2500pts
Win for Andre
Neither fully painted

Game one was a tie in to my storyline. After months of searching and scouting the dwarfs gyrocoptors finally found the high elves responsible for abducting Dwarf lord Alrik Rey Enano. Sending forth a contingent of kingsguard hammerers with Alriks son Olaf Brans Alriksson. Most epic battle of the titans saw Dons swordmasters charge my hammerers. One round with fifty attacks killed 25 hammerers but in return my hammerers killed 24 swordmasters. Awesome

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Two games against Don Friday
Game one
Dwarfs vs High elves 2500 pts
Crushing win for Don
Neither fully painted

Game two
Dwarfs vs tomb kings 2500pts
Win for Andre
Neither fully painted

Game one was a tie in to my storyline. After months of searching and scouting the dwarfs gyrocoptors finally found the high elves responsible for abducting Dwarf lord Alrik Rey Enano. Sending forth a contingent of kingsguard hammerers with Alriks son Olaf Brans Alriksson. Most epic battle of the titans saw Dons swordmasters charge my hammerers. One round with fifty attacks killed 25 hammerers but in return my hammerers killed 24 swordmasters. Awesome

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Date of Game - Oct 3
Name - Don (HE) vs Andre (Dwarfs)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for Don
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Dwarfs haven't learned their leasson yet. If I know Dwarfs though, this just sets them off that much more. "They'll be back - and in greater numbers".

Date of Game - Oct 3
Name - Don (Tomb Kings) vs Andre (Dwarfs)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for Andre
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Date of Game - Oct 3
Name - Don (Tomb Kings) vs Nathan.M. (Daemons)
Number of Points - 2500
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Date of Game - Oct 3
Name - Don (Tomb Kings)) vs Dom (Lizardmen)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for Dom
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Set myself up at the beginning of the game and Dom took full advantage. Went through my poor dead army with ease. Was a fun game though.

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - Don (Tomb Kings) vs Justin (Chaos Dwarfs)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for Justin
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - Don (Daemons) vs Frank (Ogres)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for on
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - Don (Daemons) vs Nathan.M. (Daemons)
Number of Points - 2500
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Great civil war game and quite simply, the worst dice rolling I've ever seen from Nathan. I was laughing so hard, I had to stop the game for a bit (true story). Get your games in before he buys new dice!! Wink

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - Don (Tomb Kings) vs Aaron (Dark Elves)
Number of Points - 2500
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Aaron painted

A great first turn for me and being able to march got me on top of the Dark Elves faster than they expected. Rolled through like a storm for the win!

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - Don (Tomb Kings) vs Sean (Daemon Prince)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for Sean
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Daemon Prince bounces over to arrogantly land right in front of my army. 6 dice Caco. My turn shuffle with wounded units. His turn 6 dice Caco with absolutely no fear of being charged. Not many TK left. Lather, rinse, repeat. Brutal loss. Put my hand out turn 2 before I even had to fight the rest of his army.

9 games all win/loss massacres! Tells ya what kind of weekend it was!

Awesome, awesome fun.......excpet for the Daemon Prince. Wink Can't wait to set another weekend up.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Daye of game October first
dom vrs Nathan M
number of points: 2500
Result: crushing win for Nathan m
fully painted no

Date of game sept 21
Dom vrs Dwayne
number of points 3000
Result crushing win for dom
fully painted no

Date of game oct 3
dom vrs Aaron
number of points 2500
fully painted no

Date of game oct 3
Dom vrs don
fully painted no

Date of game oct 4
Dom vra Nathan m
number of points 2500
fully painted no

Date of game October 4
Dom vrs sean
number of points 2500
fully painted no

Date of game October 4
Dom vrs Nathan M
fully painted no
Date of game October 4
Dom vrs Nathan M
fully painted no
date of game October 4
Dom vrs Nathan M
fully painted no

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks for reporting the games guys, I just realized that this league is over on the 10th!  That kinda snuck up on me there.  Could everyone who is in the current league please post your results from this weekend?  Any results not in before the 10th (Friday) will not count.  I will do my best to update the standings as the results come in.

Playoffs will happen after that and then we can start up a new league, hopefully including all the new guys.

Edit: I've updated the ladder to this point (11:00a.m. October 6)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - SEAN (WOC) VS FRANK (OGRE)
Number of Points - 2500
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - SEAN (DWARF) VS AARON (DARK ELF)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Minor Victory for SEAN
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? Aaron was?

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - SEAN (DWARF) VS NATHAN M (DAEMON)
Number of Points - 2500
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:22 am

Played a game with Nathan M tonight.  We each took our Onslaught lists.  We just made it a pitched battle and I won the roll-off for first turn.  I lost a unit of dark riders early on to his skull cannon but I meant for them to die as it allowed me to get my Pegasus rider into a good position to charge it in my next turn.  Meanwhile, my warlocks danced around his soul grinder while my cold ones closed the distance on his bloodletters and my scourge runner and some dark riders baited the plague bearers forward with no intention of engaging them.  My Pegasus rider took down his skull cannon while both of my cold one knight units completed charges on his bloodletters.  The knights mowed down the bloodletters, killing around 21 in the first round of combat.  Second round finished them off and I was able to reform to face 1 unit at his keeper of secrets and the other at his soul grinder.  The unit facing his keeper was pretty much crippled due to a well-placed choir which killed 6 knights.  I still managed the charge with my d6 random movement though as did my other unit of knights on his soul grinder.  Both eventually killed their opponents and Nathan was left with only his plague bearers. He extended his hand but I think we were at turn 6 or close to it anyway.  In the end I had lost a unit of cold one knights, a cold one chariot, a unit of warlocks, and 2 units of dark riders.

It was a fun game, my army performed as it was intended and if all my games go like that in Edmonton I will be very happy. All that movement is a very hard thing to deal with.  My scourge runner chariot did nothing as usual, but there was the potential for it to do damage as it hit his keeper of secrets but failed to wound.  It did manage to pick off 1 bloodletter.  I'm going to keep it in the army, mostly because I don't have anything else painted but I might look into the possibility of swapping it for something in my usual list.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Date of game oct 10th
number of points 2500
dom (lizardmen) vrs bob (dwarfs)
Result: crushing win for dom
fully painted: no
Wildcard challenge no

A fun last game of the league before playoffs. Bobs shooting was almost non existent wich was bad due to how many points were tied up in shooting. A slann miscast took away half of my temple guard. I tried a large unit of skinks with poison and five kroxigor. Despite losing lots of skinks the unit held its own and killed of quite a bit.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:32 pm

nathanr wrote:Played a game with Nathan M tonight.  We each took our Onslaught lists.  We just made it a pitched battle and I won the roll-off for first turn.  I lost a unit of dark riders early on to his skull cannon but I meant for them to die as it allowed me to get my Pegasus rider into a good position to charge it in my next turn.  Meanwhile, my warlocks danced around his soul grinder while my cold ones closed the distance on his bloodletters and my scourge runner and some dark riders baited the plague bearers forward with no intention of engaging them.  My Pegasus rider took down his skull cannon while both of my cold one knight units completed charges on his bloodletters.  The knights mowed down the bloodletters, killing around 21 in the first round of combat.  Second round finished them off and I was able to reform to face 1 unit at his keeper of secrets and the other at his soul grinder.  The unit facing his keeper was pretty much crippled due to a well-placed choir which killed 6 knights.  I still managed the charge with my d6 random movement though as did my other unit of knights on his soul grinder.  Both eventually killed their opponents and Nathan was left with only his plague bearers. He extended his hand but I think we were at turn 6 or close to it anyway.  In the end I had lost a unit of cold one knights, a cold one chariot, a unit of warlocks, and 2 units of dark riders.

It was a fun game, my army performed as it was intended and if all my games go like that in Edmonton I will be very happy. All that movement is a very hard thing to deal with.  My scourge runner chariot did nothing as usual, but there was the potential for it to do damage as it hit his keeper of secrets but failed to wound.  It did manage to pick off 1 bloodletter.  I'm going to keep it in the army, mostly because I don't have anything else painted but I might look into the possibility of swapping it for something in my usual list.

I'd like to hear other Nathans version of events. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Sorry for posting my games late. not going to post the one against Don since he already posted it.

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - JUSTIN (CHAOS DWARF) VS NATHAN M (DAEMON)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Draw
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - JUSTIN (CHAOS DWARFS) VS AARON (DARK ELVES)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for JUSTIN
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? neither - maybe Dark Elves?

Date of Game - Oct 4
Name - JUSTIN (SKAVEN) VS AARON (LIZARDMEN)
Number of Points - 2500
Result - Massacre win for AARON
Wildcard Challenge? - no
Fully Painted? SKAVEN; maybe Lizardmen?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:11 am

The league is now over. Playoff matchups are posted in the League Standings thread. Once playoffs are underway I'll start a new league sign-up thread. The new league will officially start up in November but if you have games in the meantime just keep track of them and we can count them.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:06 pm

So... nobody has anything to say about playoffs? Dom, when do you want to have our game?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey Nathan i got your message i am just slow to respond . If next week works for you, i could probably play a game Monday night ifyou like.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Of course you'd pick Monday! That's the only day next week that doesn't work. Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday would work for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:16 pm

nathanr wrote:Of course you'd pick Monday!  That's the only day next week that doesn't work.  Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday would work for me.

So does that mean you're conceding? Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:51 pm

You'd like that wouldn't you? It's all for naught anyway, I have a terrible record against the Mercier brothers this league.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:12 pm

nathanr wrote:You'd like that wouldn't you?  It's all for naught anyway, I have a terrible record against the Mercier brothers this league.

lol, it was worth a shot!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:08 am

Ok Dom, looks like Tuesday night is no good now either. Since you haven't responded yet I'm guessing that this coming week is probably not good for you? If we are planning for next week I definitely have Thursday night free but other than that I have no idea.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:17 am

I can make Thursday work Nathan. Let me know the time and place you would like to play

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:27 am

My place at 8:30?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:00 pm

Sponsored content