Calling out Nathan!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Calling out Nathan!

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:23 am

Hey Nathan, we have to play each other for the league championship. Carson already got his ass handed to him by Scott, so it's up to me and you to determine who will play in the finals.

Are you available this week for a game anytime to settle this? Let me know.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Calling out Nathan!

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:48 am

Yes, possibly. I need to figure out where I am with work, but possibly Wednesday or Thursday evening?

Edit: Barring any complications from work, Thursday is probably the best night for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Shall we tentatively aim for Thursday at 6:00?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:48 pm

FYI the Den is reserved for the 40k league on Thursday nights. They've got 5 tables booked at the moment. You guys could throw down at my place, I won't be here though.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Ah yeah, I always forget that Thursdays are 40k nights.

Wednesday does not work for me as I have kendo that night, so Thursday at Scotts, or Friday would be best for me.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:16 pm

I dont think anything is happening at the den on Wed's.. at least not that I'm aware of. Warmachine also runs on Thu., but they usually just have a couple tables at the front.

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:36 pm

I think thursday is the only night that works for me. I've been crazy busy at work and this weekend I'm taking off at noon on Friday for my brother's house down south in Carlyle (sort of toward the south east of nowhere).

Are fantasy gamers not welcome at the den on 40k night? I'm sure we would be able to find an open table somewhere. Or Scotts house will work too. If we play at Scott's house how late can we be there? My daughter goes to bed at 8 so it would be ideal if we could start at 8:15 or so.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 pm

The 40k guys generally use pretty much all of the tables. I wouldn't say I was unwelcome last time I forgot, but they didn't want to make room for me.

Yeah I suppose we can throw down at Scotts as long as he doesn't mind.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:00 am

Alright Scott! It is to you then. Can we use your garage?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:37 am

Sure you can. I should be home shortly after you guys start. Just go ahead and, I will have a tqable cleared with a little terrain on it.

Good luck to you guys!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 am

Should we just break in or ask your wife first?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:17 pm

Things have been really tight for space on Thu. nights. We have the 5 tables reserved at the back for league games every Thu., and will typically try to set up an extra one if there's space. Warmachine runs Thu. nights as well and they typically grab up the front'ish area.

If there are any open tables Thu. nights and people just have their stuff stacked on top, just let me know and I can get it off. Everyone is really easy going though so you could pretty much ask anyone and they'll move their stuff.

The night you went, were all the tables used up or were there some empty tables with junk piled on top?

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Everything was used up. It wasn't a problem, I just felt stupid for forgetting it was 40k night (again). Embarassed

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Hey Nathan, would you mind posting your army list that you used against me? I'd like to use it for a battle report I am making on the Daemon forum.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:57 pm

Aren't you banned from there yet?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:58 pm

No, I almost got another guy banned the other day for flaming me though.

I am still a rather controversial figure, but I posted up my army list and said I was going for the league finals, and it generated some interest.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 am

RickyDMMontoya wrote:No, I almost got another guy banned the other day for flaming me though.

I am still a rather controversial figure, but I posted up my army list and said I was going for the league finals, and it generated some interest.

LINK - LINK - LINK! I am getting more and more bored at work so I may sign up and start eSlogging with eTards!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:16 am

The thread where GeneralofChaos picks a fight:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=5314

The thread he made shortly after the one above got shut down (due to his responses) to try and egg me on:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=5321

The thread I made shortly after the one above got shut down (due to his responses) to try and egg him on (which gets shut down due to his responses):
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=5329

You should have seen the PM's GeneralofChaos started sending to me when I told him I don't give a fuck what he thinks:

**** you fag, if I ever get my hands on you, I would make you cry like a little ***** you are!

You can not paint like me or convert armies like me, I go to tournaments and kick ass. I smack you around for 6 rounds in a game.

You would have victim stamped all over you! YOU think Tzeentch Daemons are good? In my hands they are PERFECT killing machine!

Ohhh yea remember to read my Baltimore GT report, as I win the big dance! blink.gif

Have a nice day, stupid ****!!!!!
Hey knucklehead, I earn over $60,000 work in law enforcement and have a college degre + my sexy wife makes even more then me! ohmy.gif

We live in a $240,000 home and my GAMING room is bigger then your whole apartment smuck! [do not believe me? ask people on the forums]

We have more money in the bank then you might make in a life time flipping burgers! blink.gif

So when you think your winning over insulting my grammer and spelling mistakes, well it's pretty damn funny to me! But please correct them if you like!

Plus you CAN not compare Warhammer accomplishments here with me, I'am ranked 4th in of of North America and did that with Tzeentch Beasts. I have never played in ANY RTT or GT with my Tzeentch Daemons yet!

Baltimore will change that, by the way who do you think is going to win? rolleyes.gif

GoC [dose of truth, does it sting still?]

I actually just started sending his PMs back to him with the mistakes corrected, underlined and italicized. Then he said he would choke me.

This is what he's taking to the Baltimore GT:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=5338

Apparently he is highly ranked (3rd in overall battlepoints in the last 3 years in US Grand Tournaments --> George O'Connell), but he's a big douche.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:17 am

Here is the battle report between myself and Nathan:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=5341
(I hope I didn't misrepresent anything Nathan, I am guessing this is what you had in your army, as it's the only way I can get those units to line up under 2000 points)

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:51 am

That looks about right. Thanks for the great game Eric, it came right down to the wire at the end and throughout the game there were many cases where it could have had a wildly different ending if the dice had fallen differently. In the first few turns I thought I had a chance of winning, then in the middle I thought it was surely going to be a massacre for you. Good luck against Scott!

Edit: My army list was pretty much like you guessed, I only had 5 wardancers in each unit and the dryad unit had a champion. The battle report was bang-on except for the combat with the seekers, bloodcrusher and wardancers. In the round that my second unit of wardancers came in, the charging wardancers wiped out the seekers and then my wardancer champion declined your bloodcrusher's challenge. The rank and file wardancers did the killing blow dance all up in the bloodcrusher's face and managed to slip one through.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:35 pm

Ah yeah. I do recall that.

That's what I get for not taking notes.

I'll edit that up in a bit.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:29 am

GoC, used to be on the Herdstone quite a bit. Sometimes I don't even know what to say about the fellow -- maybe there are no words....

Eric, you're SolarHammer?!?

Lad, you certainly know how to fire up a thread....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 am

Yeah that GoC guy is a clown, but Eric.... WOW. That whole site looks like mostly retards anyway but I don't think I get your motivation for poking the retarded ant pile with a big stick. Different strokes I guess....

I do like GoC's responses. Here's some things I have done over the internet to respond to people like that.

-send him an email in all lowercase without any of the keys that require you to press shift. explain you had to do this because you were typing with one hand while giving him the finger with the other. burn!

-Tell him you pray for him every night.

-Ask him if he would sell you some of his warhammer trophies so you can have actual physical evidence of his greatness to put next to your bed every night.

-Take a picture of yourself crying and tell him "this is all your fault".

-tell him your mom wants to send him some cookies so he can cheer up.

-tell him you showed your girlfriend pictures of his army and some of his PM's to you and she left you cause you just don't rate.

etc.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:38 am

Yeah, I don't know really.

A this point it's just wonderment at not being banned I suppose.

I mean I called out their mod and went to other sites trashing them, and barely got a warning.

Interesting moderating strategy there...

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:29 pm

Hey, here's some more banter I ame up with.

-Depending on his age ask him if he would either a) Adopt you or b)Lend you some semen so you can get your mother to impregnatge herself and then you can have a little brother just like him!

c'mon man, you know you want to!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top