Re: League rule changes?

Post  Mhael on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:45 pm

My wife is cooking extra thick bacon for me right now. Yayyyyy

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks for that Don, you are officially named league fee collector for this upcoming league. Everyone pay Don!

Pro-tip, E-transfers are easy and you don't have to even interact with Don to make it happen.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Why can't we just use a little creativity and do it all up and include all the options? We're all adults and mostly not retarded so why not come up with a league that follows more of a narrative flow that allows for different things throughout the league?

If it's a 6 month league then why not value smaller games at full value for the initial month or two? That might solve the concern of getting new players or old players with new armies involved? At the same time you're advertising the expectation that you will indeed need a 2500 point army to play at then end of the league and in the playoffs.

Maybe a month or two here and there where players can use different armies for full points. Maybe even encourage some army swapping amongst players who don't currently have any intention of buying a new army. MIght be a good way to break up the potential monotony of 6 months gaming with an army you've fallen out of love with.

To keep painting stuff fun have some time where you can include a unit or character or something from another book. Kieran/Galadros was talking about that tourney where you're lord can ride any entry from any book. I thought that sounded awesome! No reason an idea like that can't be stolen and used here I think.

The core concept of the ladder system seems to be still workly fairly well. From what I see on the boards the general state of mind of the league is less about determining who the very best player on the planet is and more about just playing fun games with decent folk.

I think there is a big opportunity to turn the Ravening Hordes league into something even more special and unique by playing around a little bit and start introducing some elements throughout that might keep people excited and motivated.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:21 pm

I really like Scott's thoughts here. Right now I'm too lazy to put them down though.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:45 pm

I like what is being said for most part. With a longer league allow for use of a second army a) by declaring a specific time period for such b) 2 armies - one must be declared as your playoff choice c) buy in, X # of points given up to switch. If having 2 armies declare which one is coming to the fight or making the challenge

I am in favour of smaller games to help bring in new people 1500pts( lowest accepted) 1 pt 2500pts 3 pts 3500pts or more 5pts. add this to the game points (I like adding in rather than subtracting from)

fees to pay for terrain is good - storage? league pays for it so does anyone get to use it

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:57 pm

I think that most of these ideas are good.

I like allowing various pts limits, 1500 or 2500 or 3500+ seems perfect.

I like the ideas of multiple armies, as I may take advantage of it this league.

I like the idea of the league being more inclusive to everyone, rather than the opposite. Yes there may be people that attempt to abuse the system but we can single them out as it happens, maybe stone them to death, burn them at the stake, something in character with warhammer.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:33 pm

1500pts( lowest accepted) 1 pt 2500pts 3 pts 3500pts or more 5pts

I like that - it's simple. Me like simple!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:36 am

There are some good ideas here that I seem to have missed. I especially like Scott's post with the idea of more narratives and themed stuff. I don't know if I'm the guy to do this sort of thing though, I'm more analytically-minded. That said, I'd love to have that sort of thing worked into the league. If someone wants to run a mini campaign or narrative at some point or over the course of the league please PM me and we can work out the logistics together. I'm not opposed to even adding bonus league points for achieving various objectives.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:20 am

I'd like to try a campaign at least once.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:29 am

Aye campaigns are cool. Id be game for that

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:30 am

squalie wrote:I'd like to try a campaign at least once.

Love me a campaign, but that would work best if there was weekly or at least bi-weekly gaming.

I've got the old Border Princes campaign from the General's compendium rewritten for 8th edition if anyone is interested.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top