Nathan's New Dwarf List

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nathan's New Dwarf List

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 am

I finally got time to put together an army list with the new book.  I like it, I couldn't fit everything that I wanted but I think it will be a fun list to use for now and I'll maybe do some tinkering after a few games.

Lords:
Dwarf Lord with shieldbearers - Hits on 2+ Master rune, Double S vs T5+ rune, -1 to hit rune, +1T and 5+Ward save Rune

Heroes:
Runesmith - Great weapon, 1+ AS rune, Rune of Spellbreaking
Thane with Battle Standard and Oathstone - Double S vs T5+ rune, +1T and +1W rune, +1 AS rune

Core:
24 Longbeards with hand weapon and shield, Full command - Rune that makes them stubborn, Runesmith here
18 Thunderers with shields, Full command, Brace of pistols on the champ

Special:
22 Hammerers with shields, Full command - Master rune of Valaya (+2 to dispel and autodispel RIP spells on a 3+), Lord here
24 Ironbreakers, Full command, Champ has a brace of drakefire pistols and cinderblast bombs - Rune of Battle, BSB here
1 Cannon - reroll misfires rune

Rare:
5 Rangers with shields, great weapons, throwing axes, crossbows
1 Organ gun - reroll misfires and +1 to hit runes

2499 points, 99 models, 4 shooting units/war machines, 3 combat units

Last edited by nathanr on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tweaking)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nathan's New Dwarf List

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Just my opinion. (my book is still in the mail!!! GRR) but ure units seem a touch small. how are u gonna run them? just 5 wide or?

Why do the rangers have so much GEAR?! do they come like that? with everything? just wondering.

I like that your list has alot of options in it. i may steal your character builds Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:45 pm

At 15 points a model the units can't be much bigger. As they are, the 3 combat units are pushing 400 points each. Toss the characters in there and they account for nearly 75% of the army. They will be fielded 5 wide with the exception of the hammerers, they will be 8 wide to maximize attacks.

The rangers come with all that except shields which I gave them for +1 point each.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Hmm.. Im going to have to redo my idea of a list. Good news is i wont have to buy many more models i think.

Why give them a shield? Jw

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:13 pm

for the extra +1 armour save vs shooting and other ranged attacks.  It will save 1/6 more dwarfs per turn.  Well worth the 1 point/model in my opinion.

I also tweaked the list by removing a hammerer and changing the banner on the longbeards to make them stubborn. With shields and S4 armour piercing and stubbornness I think that unit should hang around for a while and dish out the pain while they do it. The ironbreakers will do the same while the hammerers will hopefully turn everything they touch into goo (while dying by the bucketful). I don't have as much shooting as I used to in the old book list but what I have is reliable and should do a fair bit to soften up the enemy before they get to me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

JUST GOT MY STUFF! I can actually make a list tonight. gonna see what i have and put the points together and i got a new army to build. just what i needed Wink. Uh oh i just ran into a large problem. army builder hasn't updated yet?!!! Im going to have to do this old school style with a pen and a paper arnt i?!

1 pt per shield is worth it when your running smaller units of Rangers, are they just for redirectors and harrassment?

Is BSB on a oathstone a good idea? i was thinking of putting my General on one... trying to keep my BSB Alive... and i have no shield bearer model

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Not sure if the bsb oath stone is a good idea or not. I like the benefits it gives the unit, seems especially good for ironbreakers. The extra combat resolution I'll get for ranks and standards is what keeps that unit around and often wins combats for them. +3 for banners and +3 for ranks means I'm +6 before a blow has been struck. 3+ armour and 5+ parry means it is hard for my opponent to close that gap.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Thats what im going with except im going to try and put my general in there, with maybe a rune priest.

i got my 2/3 order in the mail today too! pritty excited.

Why no gyros?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:24 pm

I've never used a gyrocopter. I don't like the new mini and the old one that I have is a pain to assemble. I'll give the rangers a fair shot and if they just aren't cutting it I'll consider swapping them for a gyro. They are nearly the same points anyway.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 pm

Your list looks good. I have played with several ideas. I dont agre with putting bsb on oath stone as he cant refuse challenges and is susceptible to kb but i do agree with having an oath stone thane in a unit of ironbreakers. Makes an effective anvil and if you add a runesmith to give them armor piercing they can really dish it out. My trial list at moose jaw had such a unit and it took a leadership for strength swap spell and multiple attacks to hurt them. I love the new rangers options.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Making my own list atm and finding shield bearers seems amazing for the points. I will have to invest in a model

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top