Dwarf 2500 point list

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dwarf 2500 point list

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Okay I think this is what I'll start taking initially and tweak from there. Plan is a solid infantry army with two really tough units and one decent bigger block. Enough shooting to soften the enemy up I hope. Here goes...

Lords

General on Shieldbearers. Run of parrying (-1 to hit in HtH), Rune of Fury (+1 A), Master Rune of Swiftness (ASF). Armour is Rune of preservation (No Killing Blow, or 2+ against killing blow. Can't remember) and Rune of stone (1+ AS including bonus from shieldbearers.

Likely going in with the Longbeards or maybe Warriors. (290 pnts)

Runelord, Shield, Master rune of balance and dubs rune of spellbreaking. Rune of stone (5 pnts) Also the three time rune of warding for a 4+ ward (268 points). This guy will most certainly go in with the Longbeards or Iron breakers depending on deployment.

Heroes

Rune Smith with shield and rune of spellbreaking and rune of stone(93 points). This guy would go in the unit not containing the Runelord.

BsB with trips rune of slowness for 170 points. He'll be in either the Longbeards or Warriors.

Core

12 quarellers with musician for 154

12 thuderers with musician for 154

25 warriors with shield and full command for 255

20 longbeards with full command and shield 290

Special

20 Iron breakers with full command 310

1 gyro with the vanguard thingy for 100

1 cannon for 120

1 bolt thrower 55

1 bolt thrower with run of penn (+1s) for 95

Rare

Organ gun with rune of accuracy for 145pnts

2499 pnts by my reckoning. I have to check in the garage but I think I still have all these mini's in one piece which means I can start anytime. I'll have a peek see tomorrow. One thing that sucks balls is I lent my rulebook to a dude who has gone MIA and hasn't returned my book. I'd hate to have to pony up another 100 bones to get a new one.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dwarf 2500 point list

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Seems like a solid list. I like the character set ups. Shieldbearers seem like a great idea

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:01 pm

I've got an extra rule book that you can borrow if you want. The list looks good, the 3 runes of slowness might be a bit much and leaves your bsb a bit vulnerable. Even though 3 runes make your opponent strike last in combat, striking last in combat isn't as big a deal in 8th edition with the step up rule.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm

nathanr wrote:I've got an extra rule book that you can borrow if you want.  The list looks good, the 3 runes of slowness might be a bit much and leaves your bsb a bit vulnerable.  Even though 3 runes make your opponent strike last in combat, striking last in combat isn't as big a deal in 8th edition with the step up rule.

Right! Forgot about that step up stuff. The point was to try and make the BSB less vulnerable. I'll run this a little bit for fun and then likely downgrade the BSB to a reg thane no magic. As far as I can tell if the BSB pulls off a charge the enemy still gets Always strikes last, correct? That was my thought anyway.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:22 pm

I think my eyes have deceived me.....an actual list from Radom....

bah, must be my old age!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 pm

I think the enemy unit would strike last even if you charge with 3 runes of slowness. I'd actually drop one of those runes and add a ward save banner rune.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:42 am

It's going to be interesting watching Radom (and we WILL watch) play his first few 8th games.  Very Happy 

You're going to be surprised at how different the game is from 7th, mostly in a good way, and I would just get a mini rulebook from the IoB set. Around $20 and waaaay easier to read in the bathroom.

You're a lot of things Radom - but you're no dummy, you'll pick up on this super fast and be back on top of the charts in no time! We'd all better sharpen our pencils if we want our names on the cup from now on. Wink 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:55 pm

My recommendation from viewing this army list, is it needs something that is "more killy"! You have plenty of hard to kill, defensively armed Dwarfs in here, but you'll need a glorious hammer to go with your anvils. The easy fix is to switch your longbeards to tote some great weapons. Don't worry about striking last (at Initiative 2, that's gonna happen anyway). Don't worry about missing out on the parry, since your S6 attacks will ensure that there isn't going to be a drawn out combat most times. These guys will give you the opportunity to 'win big' in a combat round. In 8th edition, it is no longer good enough to just win a combat by 1 or 2. If your defensive lord is with them, he can soak up any hero attacks coming your way to mitigate troop losses.
All the other toys seem fine. Have you painted a unit yet?

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:07 pm

I was hoping the shooting would be enough to kill any big offenders. The longbeards will be armed with shields because the mini's are TOO awesome! If I had to include great weapons I'd either go with warriors or Hammerers. Or maybe I'll have to do as you say and include another unit of longbeards with great weapons. I just find it hard to justify paying points to upgrade to a great weapon when it cost you that awesome shieldwall unit. As you say Kieran the army isn't likely to be straight up jacking a lot of enemy infantry in combat though.

I've started on a couple units but I think I have a hodge podge of painted stuff from my last two dwarf armies around, so I think I could start playing it anytime.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:47 pm

The only thing that strikes me when looking at this list is how small your infantry blocks are. I will admit that I don't know anything about Dwarfs but 20 Ironbreakers just doesn't seem like enough to me.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Its more of an 8th edition thing. With more attacks coming and rules that benefit hordes the 20 block units are just not enough to dish out the pain. A twenty block of warriors would be a respectable flank protection to a unit of 30 more stout infantry like longbeards ironbreakers or hammerers. I guess it would depend on your strategy and what tricks you have up your sleeve

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 pm

If you're using undersized units like that, dwarfs can actually compensate for it pretty well with the stubborn bubble banner.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top