New Dwarf Plastics, anyone else pick them up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Dwarf Plastics, anyone else pick them up?

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:35 pm

So I've picked up some of the long beards, iron breakers, and the gyro copter. I am very, very impressed with the quality. With the longbeards I wish there was more room to pose them up a little to break up the monotony but then there seems to be ranking up issues.

I picked up some Iron breakers a little while ago and my hat is off to GW. The detail they managed on the armour is amazing. I thought it was a paint effect on the box art but it's molded detail. Very amazing and for sure a step up.

Anyone else getting the new plastics?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Dwarf Plastics, anyone else pick them up?

Post  Kal on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:36 pm

I have a bunch of the new plastics on order atm.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm probably going to pick up some longbeards at some point. Since you've been working with some of the new kits, do you think it would be possible to use some of the longbeard heads and other bits to make discount longbeards with the old kit warriors?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 pm

I don't think it'd be worth the effort. They're defo not interchangeable with the old stuff.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Man oh man, been painting up a dwarf Longbeard from the new plastics. Thought I'd be able to sort of pound through them but they are really, really nice mini's. Very sharp looking as individuals and I imagine ranked up they'll be a beauty to behold.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Id like to see some pics sometime if u could. how difficult are they to paint? looking forward to painting mine as soon as i can think of a scheme! Blue and Gold? Blue and Red and Silver? Purple and Silver?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:15 pm

ScottRadom wrote:I don't think it'd be worth the effort.  They're defo not interchangeable with the old stuff.

I've got more time than money so I still think I'll give it a shot. I'm having trouble making a list with this new book though. I just can't seem to fit everything that I want and I'm not even close to being able to take my old list.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:31 pm

I think im going to just be building longbeards. going to skip the hammer's completely. i am going to need a shit ton of the Ironbreaker/drake kits tho Razz. Just ordered a bsb. a lord on a oath stone a rune priest and a engie. not sure if ill need any more characters...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:04 pm

A lack of experience speaking here but the lord on shieldbearers seemed to be the biggest bargain in the book. I've got one painted up but might order another to paint from scratch. Though this army will take a pantload to paint up. I'm about 5hrs into a single longbeard and maybe 1/2 that left to go. I was going to blow through them but I really, really like the mini's. Might be playing bald plastic for a while.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 pm

The shieldbearers are a huge bonus for only 40 points. 2 extra wounds and +2 AS! Everything seems to have gone up in points though. I tried to build my old list and I had to drop out a cannon, stone thrower, 8 thunderers and 5 hammerers to even get close to 2500 points.

Anyway, glad to hear that the new kits are worth it. I'm interested in seeing what you do with them Scott. And I don't mind playing against bare plastic as long as progress is being made.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:51 pm

yeah im toying with a list as well and i want to fit alot of stuff in. but my need for a symmetric army has me with points being tied up in odd places. What are you guys doing for Core?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Kal wrote:yeah im toying with a list as well and i want to fit alot of stuff in. but my need for a symmetric army has me with points being tied up in odd places. What are you guys doing for Core?

My plan for core is a unit of big longbeards, big warriors with shields and a small thunderer unit and a small crossbow unit. Special will be iron breakers and the rest either warmachines, small shooty units, gyrocopters.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 pm

hmm. im gonna have to pick up some crossbow dwarves it looks like. gotta fill out my core without having to buy a ton of the long beard boxes lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm

I wanted to go with longbeards and thunderers in core but I might end up downgrading the longbeards to warriors to save on points. I haven't really tried to sit down and really try to make a list yet though, just playing with numbers in my head so far.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top