Some of my Chaos stuff...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some of my Chaos stuff...

Post  squalie on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Haven't taken pictures of my Beastmen stuff, yet. But here's a few older ones...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some of my Chaos stuff...

Post  Carson on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Very nice! really like the minotaurs.

Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Nice. I too pick the minotaurs as the best of the lot.

Also do you actually field those knights (the blue ones) as Tzeentchy, or is it just a cool color scheme.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Ya', I painted them as Tzeentch Knights, as I thought they would look good. The thing is, I have never used Tzeentch Knights. It's always Khorne, undivided, or Slaanesh -- so they're technically for trade. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:59 pm

After seeing your army over the weekend I'd like to see more of your stuff. Care to show off some more models?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 am

I will have more pics of Beasts before the weekend is out. Just got back from a business trip, so I'm just catching up.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:33 pm

Ok, I took a few pictures but I have dial-up out at the lake, so you'll have to be patient. Takes FOREVER to upload pictures to photobucket.

Stay tuned....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:55 pm

Ok, I need a little advice.

I've been taking pictures, but they all seem to come out yellowish when I put a white background behind the model. The camera, lights, time of day, no flash, macro, etc are all the same, but when I take a photo with a white background - like you are apparantly supposed to, it comes out yellow. When I removed the background and take a picture it comes out clearer.

Any thoughts? I don't like the yellow tinge.

White background:

no background:

Since they don't make a Great Bray-shaman fig, I decided to convert the Gorthor model from the chariot, since he looks more Shaman to me.

Warhounds:

2 Beastlords that I usually use for Wargors:

I'll post more when I can figure this yellow thing out.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:08 pm

Nice looking figs. I don't know much about photography but I think you can photoshop and correct them by changing the saturation levels. I'm not sure those are real words but I saw some posts by people talking about that at coolminiornot.com

Nice stuff!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:11 am

If you know how to adjust the white level on your camera you can use that to adjust what colors the camera perceives as white. You could also try taking the pictures outside in the sunlight as the yellow is probably coming from your light bulbs which the white paper is reflecting.

Photoshop will work too, just turn up the blue and turn down the yellow in the "adjust levels" tool. Don't do too much though because you can really screw up a picture in photoshop if you don't know what you are doing.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 am

Yeah, the color does look a little dulled out. You should have two light sources (if you can), one coming from the front and one coming from one side. Then, thy recoomend putting up a piece of white paper on the other (to bounce the light back). I haven't had any problems doing ot this way. The only thing I could think would be the overhead lights or lamp lights you have (or even the shades/coverings) might be distorting the light.

The picture on front of the coffee mugs though is super crisp and bright. I would just put upa piece of white paper behind it and take them all in that spot.

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:31 pm

What I have is 2 lamps on opposing sides of the fig. The camera is set up the exact same way in both instances. The only difference is that when I remove the white backboard, the yellow goes away. I don't have any interest in photoshop -- I'll just take more pictures. I'm inclined to think that Nathans' theory is true that the white background is reflecting too much light back at the camera.

Scott, the pictures you took of your Nurgle army look just fine. I get the feeling that you just pointed the camera and pressed the button.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 pm

squalie wrote: Scott, the pictures you took of your Nurgle army look just fine. I get the feeling that you just pointed the camera and pressed the button.

Yep you bet. "Studio Radom" is in the garage on the gaming table we had our game on. I use a shitty canon elph camera. It was great cutting edge camera about 4 years ago but now I think they could go for about 100$

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:51 am

Try this again.

Beastlords

Shaman

Chariot

Bestigor Champ used as a Wargor

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:53 am

Nice looking stuff. I like your chariot a pile!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 pm

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 pm

Yep looks as good in pictures as it did on the table top. Good work.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luckless Diceman on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Man I just love beastmen, especially when done so well. I was wondering how you went about painting your chariots. I also have 4 to go, two of which I bought that were already built and partially painted. When I painted my goblin chariots I did the chariot seperately then added the figs, Is that what you did here squalie? Looking good.
L.

Luckless Diceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:38 pm

I have to be very honest.

I get compliments about my painting, but I really don't think I paint that well because I do EVERTHING wrong! I still rely on too much dry-brushing, I'm extremely lazy when it comes to blending (which I almost never do). I NEVER mix paints to get the right color -- I just use whatever pot my hand touches. I have NEVER used greenstuff, except to put together bases for a Chariot...and I couldn't even do that right. I start a model with good intentions, but my A.D.D. kicks in and I get lazy and sloppy. If I could paint what I plan in my head, then I would be truly proud. I really think I paint a good table-top standard...nothing more. Scott Radom, leads a good example by going to "cool-mini" and seriously tries to implement a lot of the tutorials on that website. He truly tries to better himself everytime he picks up a brush. I'm just a lazy hack. Look at Scott's OrcLord on Boar -- I have honestly spent many minutes examining that fig. Cool stuff.

I paint every part of the completed Chariot seperately. Then glue them together. I couldn't imagine trying to do it any other way. Thanks for the compliments!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top