VC Stuff In General

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VC Stuff In General

Post  Kal on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:42 pm

So just kinda looking around at VC as they interest me. First off the Black Coach is totally awsome and i want to run as many as i can! the fig is a tad expensive and must be an old model because it isn't very awsome looking, imo. Anyone have any alternate ideas or anything? thinking a war altar or something just painted up really decrepid and black. pulled by chaos steeds or something? Other thing is BLOOD KNIGHTS are like $120 for FIVE!?! what why, how is that a thing. are they made of gold or something? from what i can tell they are the same as black knights but with frenzy... thats not so much of a question as just WAHH!!?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VC Stuff In General

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Use the ghostly steeds and bits from the mortis engine kit to spice the coach up a bit!

Blood knights are ridiculously expensive. Convert them using black knight models and other bits. Gamezone also makes really cool models for them but they are also expensive. I think the sculpts are better-looking though so it might be worth it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:28 pm

hmm now ghostly steeds is a totally cool idea. i want it to look mean. the coach itself is cool just a tad on the small side me thinks.

yeah those models are silly. ill just use black knights Wink paint em red. cuz id wana run more then 5.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:08 pm

I made a coach from scratch using plastic card, bits and 4 skeletal steeds. Wriath is an old Confrontation fig i had.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:06 am

Ha i wish i was that creative, but sadly i am not, mine would turn out looking like more of a box then a Coach.... maybe its worth a try with the right paint job...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 am

I like the idea of the war altar pulled into the air by the ghostly 'fog' of the Mortis engine. You actually only need a bit of those kits to pull it off (don't need much of the war altar or hurricanum kit at all).

Skimming ebay, I don't think you'd need much more than these to make it look really good:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WARHAMMER-BIN-BITS-VAMPIRE-COUNTS-COVEN-THRONE-MORTIS-ENGINE-SPIRIT-HORSES-/360621151752?pt=Games_US&hash=item53f6b21608&_uhb=1
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WARHAMMER-BIN-BITS-EMPIRE-WAR-ALTAR-OF-SIGMAR-STAIRS-and-PLATFORM-/330897890562?pt=Games_US&hash=item4d0b0d1d02&_uhb=1
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WARHAMMER-BIN-BITS-EMPIRE-WAR-ALTAR-OF-SIGMAR-CARRAIGE-BUILDING-/330897890569?pt=Games_US&hash=item4d0b0d1d09&_uhb=1
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WARHAMMER-BIN-BITS-VAMPIRE-COUNTS-CORPSE-CART-DRIVER-BODY-AND-HEADS-/360621145209?pt=Games_US&hash=item53f6b1fc79&_uhb=1
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WARHAMMER-BIN-BITS-EMPIRE-WAR-ALTAR-OF-SIGMAR-CART-BASE-and-WHEELS-/360623985000?pt=Games_US&hash=item53f6dd5168&_uhb=1

The base of the war altar and the wheels seem a bit empiry, but that's the easiest part to import from somewhere else.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:15 am

Who needs wheels when you're held aloft by the souls of the damned?

Planes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am

HAHA ! Good point Planes Razz!!!

Love it Decker, doing mose of the work for me Wink. I do believe I found my solution to not using the current model. I think it could look pretty good thanks. ill go over it more when im not at work! Hmm Hmm Hmm! and Horde of Bits is totally easy. only concern is that the altar is a a lot taller and not as long as a coach might be. but im sure I can figure out a way to make it more convincing. but the horses are a great idea. as long as its not hard to paint ghosts

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:05 am

Doing some poking around on the GW website, I think you're probably dodging a bullet with converting the black Coach, as it's a Finecast kit on top of everything else. I tried to get a better grasp on the scale by looking at the bases they come provided with. The War Altar comes on the standard 50x100mm monster base, where as the Black Coach only comes with cavalry bases for the steeds. If we assume that they put it on a standard monster base for the web store photo, then the main body of the Altar is going to just all around be bigger than the Coach (taller, wider, longer). It would certainly make for a unit that looks far more intimidating than a regular coach that just happens to be pulled along by a pair of skeletal horses.

Planes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 am

Aye i have a waraltar and hurricanium in my empire army. so depending on the base the coach is supose to be on then i should be all good to go. and i agree way more intimidating. especially if i can pull off a mortis engine conversion. hells yeah

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 pm

The actual black coach is small and unimposing, but a chariot base is the right size for it.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:21 pm

They could make such a more badass model. but yeah it looks a little small and bland. so the hell with that! Makin my own! and im gonna put a CANNON on it!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top