Agrellan Earth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Agrellan Earth

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Anyone tried using this? Is there a trick. I primed my bases and put it on and the paint just seems to flake off the bases. do you put a wash on it after? should I do more then one coat? do I put it on thick or thin?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Agrellan Earth

Post  decker_cky on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Once it dries, you need to seal it. Look for a spray on matte varnish. I'd likely do 2 lighter layers for a stronger protection without the spray being too thick.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:02 pm

I've been doing some experimenting with it myself, with results less than too my liking. That said, I've heard that it works better if you water it down ever so slightly. I feel that this bears more experimentation.

Planes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Watering down is something I found essential to get it to crackle nicely, but it makes the paint more fragile. It definitely needs to be sealed on somehow.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:36 pm

im mostly finding that its lifting off the base making black holes and just falling off. im going to try 2 coats and a brownish wash maybe see if that helps keep it all together?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:50 pm

I tried it and it barely cracked at all. In a GW article, an employee mentioned that he had to put it on super thick

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:16 am

Kal wrote:im mostly finding that its lifting off the base making black holes and just falling off. im going to try 2 coats and a brownish wash maybe see if that helps keep it all together?

You need to seal it before that will work. From reading around the net, once you seal it with dull coat, you can even drybrush it.

@squalie: Thick and mixed with water was what gave me good crackling. If it doesn't work when you use it thick, return it since there was a bad batch that went out initially.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:43 am

I put it on really thick, twice. Growing up in a house with 3 women has taught me some things. apparently there is a nailpolish that has the exact same effect. it cracks when it dries and then you have to seal it. but with that stuff which I assume is the same idea you have to put it on super thin or it won't work. idk mine are drying right now so ill check them after work. I did not water mine down either

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top