Dwarves ???

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dwarves ???

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Just realized the dwarf charcter stat page that was leaked has a special rule called "Entrenchment" that could be interesting. or very 40kish? or juts if u intrench units they get soft cover but cant shoot for that turn or something...

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Kal wrote:Just realized the dwarf charcter stat page that was leaked has a special rule called "Entrenchment" that could be interesting. or very 40kish? or juts if u intrench units they get soft cover but cant shoot for that turn or something...

or its a similar rule to what they already have where they entrench a war machine and it counts as hard cover or something like that

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maeson on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 pm

I am gonna but two of each big box, and one of each character. Love the new models, each and every one. Now how I am going to build them is the question, I hoping that Longbeards are a 0-1 choice without needing a unit of WArriors per to include them. Might also go with an MSU strategy, multiple units of 10 with lot's of shooting to whittle down the enemy then counter charge if the Dwarf book does indeed have that rule.

Maeson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 am

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2014/02/dwarven-rules-leaked-including-new-rare.html?m=1

If any of this is true could be interesting. no longer needing warriors for Longbeards will change how a few lists look. That shieldwall rules seems off. just because they are really good at making armor doesn't mean they are completely disiplined enough to pull off that. and then dwarves would get a bonus if they were charged or if they charged... interesting

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:35 am

What the hell do you mean dwarfs aren't disciplined enough? They are the most disciplined race in the Warhammer universe!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:44 am

They fight well yes. and they fight together yes. but i cant see dwarves training to make some sore of shield wall phalanx. idk just seems un dwarfie. and i think the TK are supose to be the mose disciplined soldiers Wink

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:58 pm

Kal wrote:They fight well yes. and they fight together yes. but i cant see dwarves training to make some sore of shield wall phalanx. idk just seems un dwarfie. and i think the TK are supose to be the mose disciplined soldiers Wink

You're up your own ass on this one.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:15 pm

pfft no way, Dwarves are to stout and blocky to beable to successfully pull off a shield wall. look at 300. that deformed guy couldn't lift his shield above his shoulder. i think a fully armored dwarf in full gromel plate with a giant horned helmet on would also have similar difficulties

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:50 pm

ScottRadom wrote:
You're up your own ass on this one.

+1

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm also going to have to disagree with you there Sean. In fact I'm pretty sure there are plenty of references to dwarf shield walls in the army book fluff and novels.

I actually considered trying to model a dwarf unit in tortoise formation. I still might, especially if that is indeed a new rule.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Meh i entirely disagree, but to each their own. I still think there is no ways dwarves would train to do this. Not for fighting in tunnels/underground. and not with their large ornate horned helmets. would make that manouver very difficult. Not to mention the bulky armor. and axes are not ideal for fighting enemies in a shield formation; u need a stabbing weapon. spears and short swords mate lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:17 pm

I hearby declare a vote to ban sean from owning, playing, or thinking of dwarven strategies. Tk hah an army that crumbles like dust. Elves hah faeries that figured out the pointy end of a stick..eventually. Hummies hah check your drawers 3 teaspoons never felt so big. Lizards hah looks good in my terrarium. Ogres undisplined but at that size they can do whayevet they damn well please. So when the forces of good go to war who is stopping the tide of evil? Implacable ever ready battle born dwarfs and you can take that to church!!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Sean imagine if you will said dwarfs fighting in said tunnel, outnumbered like always, but seeing as your in a tunnel there is very limited space to fight.

now you don't think that the brilliant artizines of such masterful Armour that is gromril haven't been conditioned in it to move like a second skin?

or that the stout yet really blocky warriors who are more skilled and stronger than your average man cant lift their arms like they are some deformed guy??

Also when fighting in such close quarters you don't think they figured out how to tighten ranks and master a shield wall???

Then TK part is debatable but i also believe they are more disciplined, however it due to being dead and brought to life by magic and controlled by a war god. they are still less skilled.\

My thought s on the subject

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:37 pm

well I had a thing written up but it was lost to the stupid internet. so ill abbreviate it

I was talking about the TK fluff wise. "vast regiments with a supernatural discipline that few living warriors can hope to match"

and yes I think dwarves are skilled, tough, awesome fighters and all of that. I am just saying I have never read about any dwarves fighting like that. especially not in a turtle formation. not with overlapping shields, most armies that fought like that were highly manouverable and had no heavy ass armor over every inch of there body. in most cases bronze breast plate. and no dwarf in his right mind would ever use a spear or sword over an axe. making a proper turtle shield wall formation very hard especially when your axe keeps getting caught up in your partners shield.

Ok lets say it is fitted like a 2nd skin. what about the helmets with all that ornate shit and horns (which are silly) would make it hard to raise a shield on top of yourself. and sure dwarves probably hold shields well, and hold them infront, but I really doubt they overlap to form a proper shield wall. and dwarves have round shields usually no? not very effective.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 pm

"vast regiments with a supernatural discipline that few living warriors can hope to match"

One of the biggest joke sentences in all of Warhammer.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Skele's got SKILL

new stuff is up on GW. w00t 120$ book. yeah no ty

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:21 am

LD 10 Thane. coolio

shiney. and BS 3 new shooty dwarves. with range of 18 gonna hit the broad side of a barn, maybe Wink

http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/week-three-dwarf-pictures-rules-leaked.html

altho Forge Proven Gromel is cool. 6+ wards

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Picked up a couple of the new boxes today and the non slayer character. The hammer/longbeards are very, very well done. I don't want to start assembling them until I see the rulebook though. I need to know if they can get shields AND great weapons or if they have to swap the shield for them.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:45 pm

From what im reading and hearing the hammerers still only have a 5+ AS. while the Ironbreakers have a 3+AS and a 5+ parry that turns to a 4+ when they are charged (shieldwall)

Dwarf built stuff apperently gets +1 to hit when standing and shooting, so is probably only on ranged weapons,

the crazy awsome irondrakes or w/e the new shooty dwarves are 18" str 5. havea 4+ as and 6+ ward and against flaming a 2+ ward. for like 15 pts a model. and are still str 4 in CC. and quick to fire. so im buying these boys.

and apperently with the new book u can field up to 6 gyro copters in a 2500 pt game. so groovy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:04 pm

6 gyrocopters and 2 gyrobombers in a 2500 point game. Gyrocopters are 80 points each and you have the option to upgrade half of them (rounding up) to be able to vanguard for 20 points each. That is rediculously cheap. I might have to finally give the gyrocopters a try, I don't think I've ever used one in a game.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Alright u got the math XD i just spit out what i hear.

thats a full out air assault! i may take one bomber and maybe 2 gyros. but not that many jeez. no dwarves left in the army

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:18 pm

The runes for war machines are reported as follows:
Immolation: Detonate your warmachine to hurt enemies; automatically blows up if killed in close combat
Disguise: machine is in hard cover
Penetrating: Increases strength, can be taken twice. If on grudge thrower, affects both S values, as in x(y).
Stalwart: grants bonus to machines combat resolution score
Accuracy: +1 to hit with BS shooting or re-roll scatter die
Forging: reroll misfire on artillery die (this is NOT one use only. The wording is you can reroll "whenever a misfire result is rolled.)
Seeking: +1 to hit against targets with Flying
Burning: Flaming Attacks

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Sorry these posts are kinda random and alot, but im just posting when i read something (usually just copy paste) i can stop whenever im told too Wink but untill then here is the anvil and bound spells.

Anvil summary from Bugman's post; slightly cheaper than in old book, gets +1 DD&PD. 5+ ward Save, Runelord gains 2 Wounds. Three bound spells at 3+ (All friendly units within 24" gain immune to psychology), 4+ (Target unit gains +1 AS until beginning of next turn), 5+ (2d6 S4 Magic Missile), respectiveloy. Each bound spell may be cast once per turn (innate, so does not blow up Anvil/Lord). No longer immobile. The Runelord is cheaper and gives MR2 and AP to unit, so factor that in as well.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:07 pm

No free dispel dice anymore, which is a big drop.

Runepriests sound awesome. MR1, channeling and armour piercing for a unit for 60 pts, and on a model that will add a dispel scroll to the army in all likelihood? Bargain.

Ironbreakers don't have shieldwall, so they just have 5+ parry all the time. HW&S dwarfs have 5+ parries when charged though, which makes them pretty resilient.

75 pt banner for ironbreakers, which opens some neat options.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Wait the dwarf unit that comes default with HW+S ... don't get shieldwall... wtf

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top