Dwarves ???

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dwarves ???

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:55 pm

So ive been reading some more stuff about dwarfies. and apperently they are getting a new rule called Ancestral Grudge, rolling at the start of the game to see what they get hatred against. and dwarves get +str when they successfully charge. (which isn't to often ;P)

Resolute - Charging Units gain +1 str

Relentless - Can not be march blocked

Ancestral Grudge - 1/2 your general hates the enemy generals, 3/4 your characters hate enemy characters, 5/6 your army hates the enemy army.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Kal wrote:So ive been reading some more stuff about dwarfies. and apperently they are getting a new rule called Ancestral Grudge, rolling at the start of the game to see what they get hatred against. and dwarves get +str when they successfully charge. (which isn't to often ;P)

Ancestral Grudge - 1/2 your general hates the enemy generals, 3/4 your characters hate enemy characters, 5/6 your army hates the enemy army.

I hope this is false and makes me not want to play if it's true. I can't stand when they put rules into the game like this that seem fluffy and characterful but the random shit for dwarfs is lame. With the flick of the dice all of a sudden my entire army hates your army? Lame as hell.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 pm

ScottRadom wrote:
Kal wrote:So ive been reading some more stuff about dwarfies. and apperently they are getting a new rule called Ancestral Grudge, rolling at the start of the game to see what they get hatred against. and dwarves get +str when they successfully charge. (which isn't to often ;P)

I hope this is false and makes me not want to play if it's true.  I can't stand when they put rules into the game like this that seem fluffy and characterful but the random shit for dwarfs is lame.  With the flick of the dice all of a sudden my entire army hates your army?  Lame as hell.

Well we sure wouldn't want you to stop playing Warhammer now would we?  Wink 

This single dice roll at the start of a game has no detrimental effect and is easy enough to track, so it shouldn't be an issue. I can see Dwarf players getting grouchy when they don't roll a 5-6 at the start of a game - which seems characterful. I like it and I really like the models so this should be fun to play against.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:14 pm

So it's essentially a roll to see if this particular foe is truly reviled in the clan's book of grudges? Seems characterful, though in an intrigue in the court kind of way that makes players unhappy.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:22 pm

It's lame. The random shit before the game -just like the intrigue at court- is stupid. Having my General hate your General is one of those incidental things that usually won't impact a game too much. having my entire army hate your army is a big deal. How do the game designers work that out, is it reflected in the points value of the army? How much is it worth at 2500 points to have an entire army get hatred? Maybe it's not a big deal in 8th but I really hate the idea of it. If they want to make it all fluffy and such then make it an option you can pay points for, or include it in the army. Give each character the option for x of having hatred against enemy characters, more maybe for the entire army. Give the general an upgrade option to give the entire army hatred. You get the benefit of having some nice fluffy stuff there but it doesn't hinge on making an army more or less valuable before the game with a single dice roll.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

I love how fluffy it is. Grumbers. I already got my dwarves on pre order ;D

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm

How much is it worth at 2500 points to have an entire army get hatred?

That's a good point.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 pm

I agree with Scott 100%. Way too big of a factor for one dice roll and alternatively i really like the idea of a sliding pts scale for leafing through the book of grudges to see how much hatred the dwarfs have. If we could come up with an appropriate system even for our league i would love to try it out.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 am

A Dwarf with a Grudge! awsome fluff wise. cuz i mean every race has pissed off the dwarves one time or another.

another thing im seeing is that the Iron Breakers might get a 2+ AS. for foot soldiers! crazy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 am

They had that in 7th. So did chaos warriors with hand weapon and shield.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 am

I hope they do. Give them rune of stone and it's covered fluffwise, then ironbreakers go back to being the dwarf 'cavalry' equivalent.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:26 am

I think they're going to have gromril armour 3+ base for ironbreakers and characters, then dwarf armour will be a new variety of armour which will be 4+ base which longbeards and hammerers will get. I'm just going on rumours here but I think that is how they'll do it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 am

See now that i didn't know. so that wont be all that bad then, awsome! jeez WoC had that too. shame they don't have it anymore, they need a little extra something to help them Very Happy.

yeah they are almost cavalry, except movement 3 kinda holds them back, atleast what im reading so far shows that dwarves dont get that -1 to movement ever anymore. so thats better! I have 3 Gyro Bombers on pre order atm ! so lets hope i end up using them. give the army more MOVEMENT!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:41 am

3 is probably excessive, it will likely be a rare choice so you'd be limited to 2. I suppose you might be able to field both gyrobombers and gyrocopters so you could use them all. Maybe they'll do something really cool with the dual kit and make it able to build either 3 gyrocopters or 1 gyrobomber!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 am

Well i was reading that u can run them in a unit. a SQUAD of 3 gyro's! totally cool. or maybe i can make 2 copters and 1 bomber as you said. who knows, to late they are ordered, with 4 boxes of hammerereerrs. im gonna need more of those tho lol!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 pm

I noticed that a few unit s are missing from the GW site. Gyrocopters and iron breakers.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:11 am

http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/new-dwarf-pictures-leaked-gyrocopters.html

so dwarves have runes back, and a very steam punkish gyro copter. 125 PT GYRO COPTER!

SO EXCITED!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:24 am

I'm not a fan of the gyrocopter but I like the rest. I never used a gyrocopter in the past so I'm not too concerned if I don't love the model for that. I'm most excited to see the runes. That is the make or break thing for me with dwarfs and the thing I was/am most worried about them messing up. The few shots of what I'm assuming are the ironbreakers look good too.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 am

Gyro copter is not the thing im most excited about but i have some comming. and if i can run a squad of 3 up a flank. im so going too Wink. 4+ AS isn't as much as i thought. but atleast its something, wonder if u can rune a gyro. Yeah i kinda wanted them to have something more than runes again, but if its done right it could be alot of fun. or very very over powered. if those are iron breakers i definitley wnat a box or 5 of those bad boys too.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 am

Yeah, the Gyrocopter/bomber isn't my cup of tea. This is looking like an impressive release though. If that runelord is plastic (and it looks to me like it is), then the release has:

-Hammerers/Longbeards
-Daemon Slayer
-King Special Character
-Gyrocopter/bomber
-Engineer special character
-Runepriest (with two sets of heads and arms that both look great)
-Ironbreaker/shooty ironbreakers

All of those seem to be in plastic, which really fills out a line that was suffering because of the dated elite metals (for the most part).

That leaves the following units to be updated:
-Slayers
-Bolt throwers
-Grudge throwers
-Flame Cannon

Plus some character options (chiefly the anvil).

Not bad at all.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

New Slayer models would be nice. but yeah if its all plastic im pritty ok with that!

New Ironbreaker type figs that can shot have blunderbusses, they are called Iron Dragon, and appernetly might shoot much like leadbelchers... id think Dwarven tech would be a little more sophisticated then shove shit in my gun and aim in a general direction. lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Love the new models - except those 40k Gyrocopters. The seriously outdated GW painting doesn't help.

Looks like I'll choose the lore of metal from now on.....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm liking the looks of that stat line on the Gyrobomber, I love bouncing bombs!

Planes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

No Plastic Slayers apperently :'(

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Kal wrote:No Plastic Slayers apperently :'(

Not unless you get over your aversion to non-GW models. Wink

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&prodcode=pl01&prodname=Dwarf+Berserkers&mediumcast=plastic&id=118&Itemid=115

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top