Bretonnians possibly on the chopping block?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bretonnians possibly on the chopping block?

Post  bluepeople on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:43 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJdntuhG_1w

Thoughts?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bretonnians possibly on the chopping block?

Post  nathanr on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:49 am

I don't see it happening, sure bretonnians don't sell very well but there are quite a few players that would be upset if they went away.

GW as a business is probably not interested in new players picking up bretonnians as an army. They are more interested in new players buying all the new kits. There are always kits coming and going out of stock and I think this is just a case of people reading too much into it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 am

id think that a surprise release is more possible than phasing out the army completely

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:30 am

I agree. Pretty much zero chance of Brets getting axed.

GW has stated no armies will be dropped. As a matter of fact, it was stated that the reason a new Bret book hasn't happened yet is becuase no one has a real good idea for it AND no writer has stepped up to the plate to do it.

Armybooks aren't released in order (re: WoodElves, Dwarfs, etc). If a writer has a good idea for an armybook, he brings it forth! They then decide if they should go forward with it or not, get some concept art going and start the almost 2 year process of ideas to book and models on shelves. If I could find the article I'd link it but what this adds up to is Faeit 212 is about as reliable as poo. Hell, it even reads like a bunch of guess work.

It's pretty much confirmed by Harry and Hastings (reliable rumour boys) that 9th edition isn't until 2015 AND neither one has heard anything about Brets before then. Sad Bretonnia will have an almost 12 year book (insane) by the time the new rules are out.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top