Terrain building day?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terrain building day?

Post  nathanr on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 am

Hey guys, the terrain at the den is looking a little rough and I'd like to do something about it.  It serves its purpose for league games and whatnot but it would be downright embarrassing to try to host a big tournament with out-of-towners with the run-down terrain that we currently have.  I think we need to have a terrain-building day or weekend to fix up the stuff that we have and to build some new pieces as well.  Maybe make some matching terrain sets and what-not.

It is a big job for one guy but if we get a group working together it could be a lot of fun.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terrain building day?

Post  decker_cky on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 am

I'm always up to help out with that kind of stuff. I have a wire foam cutter for if we want to make some terrain out of insulation sheets (rocky terrain), and I have some water effects for doing swamp or river terrain (I have both the normal water effects, and the water effects you can sculpt a bit to make rough water). I think I even have some hard board cut into river shapes that I never got around to actually building.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 pm

I've wanted to get in on some terrain building for a while now, just never had the space or supplies to do it at home. I could bring my air brush and compressor with me to help prime/base things.

Planes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:50 pm

We should have a count of what actually is needed at the den. I know trees and buildings are in short supply, we have plenty of hills.

Maybe Darren would be willing to throw some cash into this as it is for the Den.

I was actually thinking of packing my own terrain to bring along to games as the den is slim pickings.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I would love to help out and learn a few techniques to improv my own home terrain

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Carson wrote:
We should have a count of what actually is needed at the den. I know trees and buildings are in short supply, we have plenty of hills.

Maybe Darren would be willing to throw some cash into this as it is for the Den.

I was actually thinking of packing my own terrain to bring along to games as the den is slim pickings.
I haven't found trees to be in too bad supply, though a few extra more regularly shaped forest bases would be nice. Buildings are definitely in short supply. I don't think there's many water features is there (rivers or marshland). Very few obstacles (fences, walls, rocky barriers) too. I think a few large pieces that will actually block line of sight would be a nice addition too, though those can be a bit of a headache storage-wise.

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:56 am

We should actually have a collection of terrain that is designated as LOS blockers....it is sorely needed in the game right now.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Lets take note of the terrain on the 23rd and we'll make up a list of what we have and what we'd like to have.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top