Next Games day?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Next Games day?

Post  Brent_M on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:49 am

Well I don't want to jump one anyone's toes if something has been previously arranged. Just trying to help a bit with the organization so Nathan doesn't have to do everything. I'm still up for something on the 23rd but I can't fit a weekend into December.

Brent_M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:22 pm

squalie wrote:
Kal wrote:id be in for a ROAD TRIP. my only concern would be us rushing before the den closes again. so maybe if we did 1500 pt games? or 1750? or 1250? or any other point value less than 2500?
 Or, you could learn to play faster?  Wink

This could be a casual come-and-go.  I've found that if I'm paying attention I can squeeze 3 games in, 2 if I'm just hangin'.

If we're doing something more structured, then we can figure something out.  I'm cool either way.
You would think with a roll over army like warriors time would never be a factor Rolling Eyes  The 23rd is sounding fine, if its a gamesday then my vote would be nothing fancy. Perhaps set up thread dedicated to locking games in. I always feel better knowing that I will have games scheduled beforehand and it will also allow people to ask around for different pointed matches.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:26 pm

I dont play warriors anymore. No one likes facing them so i shelved them for now Razz

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  decker_cky on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Why not just tweak your list to have a bit less of the stuff that bugs people? There's lots in the warriors list that fairly good but just outclassed by other things (being the things people complain about). Saves you from having to make an entirely new army, and it helps you learn the different parts of the list, and can help to find some hidden gems for when you do tweak your army to be harder again (such as going to that Edmonton tourney that seemed no holds barred).

decker_cky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:00 pm

I have attemped that. But a soft list is still pritty mean. I already bought and built a daemon army ;p

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Kal wrote:I dont play warriors anymore. No one likes facing them so i shelved them for now Razz
Not the appropriate forum for this, but when last I checked your warriors were 0/2 vs my ogres /stretch. Just saying maybe you shouldn't shelf em when there is still 1 peak yet to be reached Wink

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent_M on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Back on topic.

Nathan did you get anything back from the Den about the 23rd, I will ask when I go in tonight about hours. Or if there's anything else booked that weekend.

Are you talking about games in your basement or garage Andre? I can't remember if it's heated and don't see myself getting to excited about trying to play with mitts on.

Brent_M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Heated as I remember, two rooms and four tables. And if there is a murder of crows I will play more then one game, but the snow storm is coming so that will tell what I do.

Last edited by Pud on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 pm

We have the den booked for the 23rd. I also checked for the 14th of December and it is already booked by someone else. If we want to have a tournament on the 14th we're going to have to book a different venue.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Garage is not heated yet.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 am

If noone is opposed for november 23rd i would like to run an objective idea for our games day. Forces of evil vs forces of good team battle. We would still play one on one games but the total points destroyed would be cumulative for each team to determine who takes the day good or evil. As far as sub prizes i can come up with a few ideas ex. The player with the best point ratio enemy points destroyed/ army points alive wins best general etc. We should do a new thread for sign up and what army you plan to play and i may nominate some neutralish armies to balance the sides. Thoughts

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 am

i think that sounds awsome. just spices things up a little. and is a little fluffier. GOOD VS EVIL! i only have Evil armies tho lol. so im on that team Very Happy!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:30 am

I like it too Andre. I'll bring my Dwarfs. I would take Dark Elves but they aren't quite ready yet.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:00 pm

I will take ogres so could play either side

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm coming with Orcs to smash face:D 

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:33 pm

My boss has decided to be an ass and im not 100% positive i can make it. Ill find out monday

WTB new job lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top