Warhammer Battlefields: Lustria

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warhammer Battlefields: Lustria

Post  bluepeople on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:06 am

I challenged Sean to the Lustria campaign. This three part campaign employs the players to each pick a strategy and then cross-reference said strategy on a special campaign matrix which generates the type of game and any special rules that may pertain to that engagement. Sean chose his Daemons to face off against my Lizardmen 2500 points.

Engagement One: The Landing

Sean's strategy was to 'establish a beachhead' and I chose to 'Ambush' his forces. The matrix generated a Jungle Ambush for our first game. This called for us to compare our guile before the game which I lost. Therefore we were to use the Battleline scenario with Jungle special rules and I had to play with 75% of the total 2500 = 1875 points - sad face.

Jungle special rules: jungle events - which we forgot to do; All forest terrain is considered to be jungle (do not roll on mysterious terrain table), skirmishers treat jungle as dangerous terrain and all other models treat as impassible terrain. We couldn't decide on how the cannon shots would work (if they would go through the jungle or stop against it) gladly it didn't really come into play). And there was something about jungle rivers but i don't have any river terrain so we omitted it.

Sean got first turn and advanced cautiously and then ruined my life by killing my general Old Blood on Carnosaur with his daemon cannons - if i hear him bitch about my Skaven warp lightning cannons again I'll throw my metal slann at his face! Just kidding. And it was a quick grind of my forces until I had nothing left by 2 units of skink skirmishers which I tactically hid in the impassible terrain. Sean received a crushing victory and established a beach head on the shores of Lustria - the old ones would be shamed.

Engagement Two - Through the Jungle

In this game my strategy was to 'Delay Them' and Sean chose 'I don't remember' either way we played a regular battleline and forgot about the special rules for the campaign but Sean got a strategem which gave some of his units a +1 in a random stat. Either way we were terrible about remembering the special campaign rules.

Turn one Sean decided to place his level 2 conveniently (for me) close to a Sorcerous Portal and got zapped by a fireball and killed. Boo hoo I don't control every phase of the turn this game... Wink Even after being educated about the effects of the Terrain Sean decided to march his horde of 30 bloodletters up alongside this piece of terrain and it debuffed him endlessly - seriously it was rather unlucky. and when it wasn't debuffing his bloodletters it was buffing his daemonettes which were on the other side of it and not in the battle as of yet. anyway. horde of 30 bloodletters vs horde of 40 saurus warriors with spears and a epicly kitted out Old Blood (sword of swift slaying, stegadon helm, crown of command). portal shot bloodletters with soulblight and i buffed my saurus with wissan's wildform. s3 t2 daemons vs s5 t5 saurus warriors - yes please. anyway i win combat by a lot but sean rolls a decent leadership test and only loses 8 more daemons Very Happy. during his turn he charges his BSB on some throne chariot thing and his blood thirster into my saurus' flank. I think im toast at this point. but i managed to finish off his blood letters and kill his bsb in a challenge with my old blood. bloodthirster doesn't roll well at all but he beat me by a few points but steadfast and stubborn. reformed to face the throne and greater daemon. i ate them alive during the next combat sean rolled an 11 on leadership with greater daemon so both the bloodthirster and the chariot were dead. Meanwhile on the other side of the board Sean's soulforge and my baby stegadon are in a fight and can't decide who wants to win no one is wounding (ps 7 impact hits means nothing if you fluff all your to wound rolls; nota one) so d3 multiple wounds for me. anyway that fight lasted 3 or 4 turns. back to the saurus - the turn immediately after i beat the bloodthirster and the blood throne thingy Sean charged my saurus with both of his cannon chariots. miffed his impact hits and I destroyed the cannons. at this point Sean has a unit of daemonettes which i am slowly widdeling down with poisoned ranged attacks and his soulgrinder which just finished off the stegadon. so sean uses the daemonettes to charge a unit of skirmishers and easily kills them and then we call the game. regular victory for me.

Engagement Three: Through the Jungle again because I won the last game.

Through a series of unfortunate events Sean had to cancel our game today which could have been the Finale of the campaign if I won. We shall have to push it back to next weekend. This time we will try harder to remember all the special rules.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Warhammer Battlefields: Lustria

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 am

Sounds like a fun series.

For future reference, if you want these counted for league points please make sure you are also reporting them in the league reporting thread so I only have to look there when I'm updating points. You don't have to write the blow by blow report there, just the basics like who won, if either of you were painted and if either of you used your wildcard challenge.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:14 am

Andre and I looked in to the lustria campaign quite a while ago. I think campaign's are a bunch of fun and adds just that muvh more to the game.

I say we try Nd drum up interest in restarting our campaign that we had going sone time ago but from scratch. If we get everyone in the league in on it I think I could develop a way that just adds a storry to our games instead of just playing. Also not restricting people from playing against whomever they want.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 am

im actually really enjoying the campaign. that we each choose a tactic that has a little fluff behind it and that dictates how the battle gets fought. id definatly be into trying more of them. as u said it adds a story and a rivalry between armies instead of fighting for the sake of fighting... god that sounds very un Khorne of me.

Ill make sure i post in the report threat Nathan. thx

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:12 am

Game three. Sean is still making his way through my jungle. We played the next game in the series. Sean decides to throw caution to the wind and charge straight through to his objective; pillaging ruins which hold tables which depict a portion of the great plan. My strategy was to defend the ruins by placing the bulk of my forces directly in Sean's path to the ruins. Charge vs Defend the ruins got us a battleline scenario with me getting an extra stratagem - now I have two for this game. So I get an extra 150 points for additional models added to one of my units; so i picked up 10 extra temple guard. My second stratagem was up to 100 points in upgrades to a unit. I decided to purchase a battle standard for my slann since I didn't actually take a bsb in the game - which turned out to be a disadvantage.

Sean took turn one and advanced forward. Magic phase wielded a couple dead saurus and a wound on my ripperdactyls from his mage blowing up - but not getting wounded sadly. shooting phase Sean hit both my stegs with cannon shots but rolled a 1 to wound on both - haha ass hat. my phase I charged his soul grinder with my temple guard - mistake, and advanced forward. Got behind his lines with my ripperdactyls. magic phase I lite up his horde of bloodletters with fiery convocation. shooting phase was a joke. combat. got ass handed to me by soul grinder. and the slow grind down began. he charged my temple guard with blood crushers. killed most of my tg. I counter charged with my horde of saurus warriors and old blood. old blood couldnt hit or wound a bloody thing. blood thirster ate my bunker of skinks with level 2 beasts. he charged my baby steg with daemonettes did some wounds. tg ground down to nothing. he issued a challenge with blood crusher champ - i accepted with slann (kept soul grinder from eating him for a couple turns). fled with my old blood and horde was over run. Crushing victory for sean; he rolled like a boss the entire game any wound i got was easily saved. This was heartbreaking I felt like Carson a few weeks prior - dice were just not on my side.

Now the path to the ruins is open to the daemonic invasion. So we play one more round to determine the outcome of the campaign.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top