Fall and Winter 2013 League reporting thread

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fall and Winter 2013 League reporting thread

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 pm

So Brent and I had a game on Friday night, kind of.

The scenario was blood and glory, the outcome was Brent winning before his second turn.

I think Brent was painted, I was not, crushing victory for him

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 am

I played a game with Trevor who brought the rats back out of retirement. Unfortunately he was a bit rusty and forgot to use his storm banner which let my dwarf war machines run roughshod. His doomwheel was shot to pieces early on and his abomination fell to 2 flaming cannonballs. In the end it all came down to a big combat in the middle between my hammerers and ironbreakers and his slaves, bell-toting clanrats and rat ogres. My dwarf lord and BSB-carrying Thane chopped down the bell but then the rat ogres unleashed the fury and cut down the rest of my hammerers and the ironbreakers fled and were run down. This left my dwarf lord with angry clanrats in the front and rat ogres in the back. It was a minor victory for Trevor but unfortunately it was not a league game.

We'd love to have you back Trevor, it was a fun game and I'd love to see those rats get painted up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:04 am

Sorry that I haven't been keeping up with the league lately, I've been slacking. I've just tallied everything up and I'll be updating the ladder soon. One thing to note, Andre and Dom's game on October 10th did not result in Andre and Dom switching spots. Andre is 3 spots below Dom and while in previous leagues that would have been a ladder challenge with the new league rules you can only jump 2 spots not 3 unless you use your wildcard challenge.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 pm

nathanr wrote:I played a game with Trevor who brought the rats back out of retirement.  Unfortunately he was a bit rusty and forgot to use his storm banner which let my dwarf war machines run roughshod.  His doomwheel was shot to pieces early on and his abomination fell to 2 flaming cannonballs.  In the end it all came down to a big combat in the middle between my hammerers and ironbreakers and his slaves, bell-toting clanrats and rat ogres.  My dwarf lord and BSB-carrying Thane chopped down the bell but then the rat ogres unleashed the fury and cut down the rest of my hammerers and the ironbreakers fled and were run down.  This left my dwarf lord with angry clanrats in the front and rat ogres in the back.  It was a minor victory for Trevor but unfortunately it was not a league game.

We'd love to have you back Trevor, it was a fun game and I'd love to see those rats get painted up.
I was sooooo frustrated with myself this game. Forgot to do so many things including stomps, forgetting the Stormbanner on multiple rounds (which was an epic fail), and my dice which were so terrible, I think I need to donate them to the Special Olympics of Warhammer. Beyond all that, if it wasn't for the Thirteenth Spell (getting it off 2x) + Rat Ogres (which surprisingly people online say not to use), you would have destroyed my army to a rat!

I have to admit though, I love the rats and intend to keep them, and I likely will be putting my painted Wood Elves up on Ebay for sale, once the Wood Elf book comes out. I still have a ton of beastmen to sell, and I want to get my Tomb Kings painted as well.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 pm

I played two games on Saturday. First against sean and his deamons. Nither painted . Game ended in a massacre for me

Next I played justin and his chaos dwarves neither fully painted, ended in a minor win for justin.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Sean, Justin, And Dom traveled out to my place on Saturday. Thanks again for making the trip guys.

Great day of fun....dice, friends, and toys!

I played 2 games

Massacred Justin in game 1, neither painted
Massacred Sean in game 2, neither painted.

I dropped my self imposed theme restrictions and built an armybook list of the O&G. Took units I liked, such as a giant.....even though I've felt they are terrible in 8th edition. Wouldn't you know it but the giant was mvp in both games.

The big guy smashed a ChaosDwarf infernalguard unit in game 1 and then smashed apart most of a bloodletter horde in game 2. Only succumbing to a rear charging bloodthirster. The jury is still out but I'll definitely be trying him again. I upped my troll unit to 8 strong and made my orc horde biguns. Grabbed a few cheap naked characters to throw into units such as what I saw in Edmonton..........they were quite good.Very Happy 

a 36 night goblin boss with greatweapon chopped the head of a khorne herald off......take that Sean:D 

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Both great games. and definatly a fun trip! thanks for having us Carson.

and yes that Herald got a pointy stick right in the eye. Went down hard lol

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:40 am

Trevor Y. wrote:
nathanr wrote:I played a game with Trevor who brought the rats back out of retirement.  Unfortunately he was a bit rusty and forgot to use his storm banner which let my dwarf war machines run roughshod.  His doomwheel was shot to pieces early on and his abomination fell to 2 flaming cannonballs.  In the end it all came down to a big combat in the middle between my hammerers and ironbreakers and his slaves, bell-toting clanrats and rat ogres.  My dwarf lord and BSB-carrying Thane chopped down the bell but then the rat ogres unleashed the fury and cut down the rest of my hammerers and the ironbreakers fled and were run down.  This left my dwarf lord with angry clanrats in the front and rat ogres in the back.  It was a minor victory for Trevor but unfortunately it was not a league game.

I was sooooo frustrated with myself this game.  Forgot to do so many things including stomps, forgetting the Stormbanner on multiple rounds (which was an epic fail), and my dice which were so terrible, I think I need to donate them to the Special Olympics of Warhammer.  Beyond all that, if it wasn't for the Thirteenth Spell (getting it off 2x) + Rat Ogres (which surprisingly people online say not to use), you would have destroyed my army to a rat!

I have to admit though, I love the rats and intend to keep them, and I likely will be putting my painted Wood Elves up on Ebay for sale, once the Wood Elf book comes out.  I still have a ton of beastmen to sell, and I want to get my Tomb Kings painted as well.
Good to see you playing. The mistakes you made were just because you're rusty - you need more practise. Wink

Selling the Wood Elves?! Seems drastic for such a nice army. How much were you hoping to get for them?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:25 am

squalie wrote:Good to see you playing.  The mistakes you made were just because you're rusty - you need more practise. Wink

Selling the Wood Elves?!  Seems drastic for such a nice army.  How much were you hoping to get for them?
~$2,000 They are fully painted to a high standard. I've seen smaller armies painted to a lower standard go for this amount.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey Justin, I've got you signed up with Lizardmen for this league. In the future if you want your games to be counted for the league please stick with your league army. I've counted the games at Carson's as league games but next time I won't.

That said, should we be keeping this rule or did people like how we did it over the summer better? Let me know.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

i kinda liked any army for the league but ure signed up armies for play offs? just means armies wont gather dust. idk

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank you Nathan for the heads up. And thanks for keeping track of all this stuff for us. Appreciate it

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent_M on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Had I more then one army I would want to be able to use them in the league, so I support being able to use different armies during round robin. But only registered for playoffs.

Brent_M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:09 pm

I agree with Brent, more than one army is nice.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:48 pm

I also like the idea of multiple army use but restriction for playoffs.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 am

I'll climb on board for that. I'm terrible at making decisions anyways....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 am

Sounds like its unanimous. Effective immediately, you may use any army you like for league play. You must use the army you signed up with for playoffs.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Darren and I played a game yesterday, it was a bloodbath.

The game started with Darren taking the first turn, and burning burning a bunch of black orcs with high magic.
My first turn saw my savage orcs fail animosity, make a full move towards Darren's stegadon with eotg, then fail their charge (over-eager bastards! xP)
This left my Savages totally unprotected, and on Darren's second turn he charged those savages with a big block of saurus, a stegadon AND a large block of temple guard! This proved too much for my savages who lost combat by 6, however they miraculously held!

On my second turn I charged in my black orc warboss on wyvern and my unit of black orcs to support the savages. This all proved for naught as I totally wiffed with everything and Darren was an absolute beast with that eotg 6+ ward save. The result was my side losing combat again, this time nothing held and everything was chased down and destroyed.

The same turn my Aracknarock spider charged a large block of saurus, hoping to slow them up so my boar boys could flank next turn. This was also a total failure as my spider managed to do only 2 wounds with 8 poisoned attacks and a thunderstomp! My dice failed me again. The spider broke, and at the beginning of Darren's turn three I extended my hand in defeat.

Result: Crushing victory for Darren, neither was painted.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent_M on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:44 am

I'll be honest there Nathan, you need some new dice, because that is ridiculous after the game you had with me.

Brent_M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Brent_M wrote:I'll be honest there Nathan, you need some new dice, because that is ridiculous after the game you had with me.
Man I know, I'm sure it'll be better next time though, it has to be... right? Neutral 

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Had 2 games today. First up was my Tomb Kings against Justin's Chaos Dwarfs. When it was over I lost 2 units of Chariots and you couldn't find a Chaos Dwarf model if you looked under rocks. Very Happy  I was painted with a massacre win, Justin was not painted.

Karma is a real bugger though; my next game using my High Elves against Andre's Ogres was completely different. I think these Elves were bullied by Ogres in school as I failed pretty much every fear and rally test there is. My horde of Swordmasters failed their fear, even with the BSB, rolling 12's back to back. I thought I was in good shape after killing his Thundertusk (or whatever) early on. The Elves were just scared I guess. Either way, I put my hand out around turn 6 as I had 2 units of archers and a bolt thrower against pretty much his whole army. Shocked  I wasn't painted - but I think he was. Massacre for Andre.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:11 am

I got two road games in this weekend as part of a round trip to Regina then through Mj. The first game was against Seans daemons. He took turn one and shot up my thundertusk before it took a step but my ironblaster avenged it by killing his spellcaster after he gave my main unit a 6 up regen that is cumulative with my trollguts which made me one tough army at 3 up regen for most of the game. I had a unit of ironguts lockup and eventually take down his daemon while my ironblasters took care of his skullcrushers.Seans mvp would have to be his daemonettes who took down my leadbelchers and after i opted to shoot his last cannon chariot to save my giant who failed charging it, the ironblaster also fell to the daemonettes. End of the game sean only had his remaining daemonettes. Massacre for me and i was fully painted.

Second game was against Don and as he mentioned the cowardice in his whole army was the story. Charges into combat right away saw a big mash up between his swordmasters and my main unit of bulls he also had his phoneix there and magiced my thundertusk dead before i could take advantage of making his sm asl. In return he failed fear tests twice and i took a big bite out with him also disspelling my regen spell. Next round of combat i got my regen and he past his fear test but with some ironguts helping with a flank charge, after running through some fear crazed dragon princes in one turn and an ironblaster charge i broke the phoneix from combat and the sm went next turn. On the far flank Don had some white lions break under the toer of my giant with some ironguts assisting. They failed to rally and were run down. I think Don failed about a dozen leadership tests all game as his elves were uncommited to battling my ogres. Massacre for me and i was fully painted.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:16 am

i gotta say it is hard to chunk through a 3+ regen. i was hitting you alot but not getting anything through. and i agree those Daemonettes always seem to do alot better then i expect. usually end up doing more then the bloodletter horde too lol. maybe Khorne should start taking notes. Fun game!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Had a rough Sunday.

As Don mentioned I was tabled. End of game it was a suicidal charge from my last unit of hobgoblins at his bunker of skelly archers. They failed their fear test of course so I did no wounds whereas Don did enough to route me. And was chased down by some tomb kings. I think I should invest in another magma cannon, deathshrieker just isn't reliable.

Game against Frank was awful; my high elves vs his dark elves. I'd like to blame it on the dice rolls but dark elves are mean in pretty much every phase of the game. First time facing the new book didn't really know what to send against the witch elves. next time i think ill have to fun a frosty phoenix hammer into the flank and a decent anvil to the front - phoenix guard would have done the trick but i tried out my white lions this game and boy did they disappoint; ran them 5x4 full command. maybe i need to invest in more but 17 wounds from the witch elves was hard to take and with armour piercing to boot. Crushing victory for Frank; neither painted.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Andre and I had a real barn burnner of a game the other night. Andre took first turn and made some aggressive moves and made most of his units pluss one toughness and also managed to cause a bit of damage with his shooting. My turn one I just moved uo and set a trap in the center for his lagre unit of bulls with his three characters. His turn two he only kind of went for my trap, charging a unit of archers behind my lines. He would have been in the clear but there was a building stopi g him from overrunning more than two inches. It did however set me up to gett a flank with my treeman and the other flank with my treekin, I won by like 11 and I had an equal amount of ranks.

Aftet that I charged his thundertusk with my eternal gaurd and my three characters and turned into a dragon. I won combat and chased after him not catching him. After that three more combats I won and failled to catch him. Turn six we tradded final blows, me killing his thundertusk with a lucky strangle root and then him killing the treeman with some ironguts.

End of the game I onlt had my treekin left and andre had a unit of ironguts and an ironblaster left.

With banners and what not it was a draw with andre only having 61 more points than me. He was fully painted I was not. Second time we have played. Draw game

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top