Fall and Winter 2013 League reporting thread

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fall and Winter 2013 League reporting thread

Post  Pud on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Carson and Justin gave me a thumping. both massacre losses and Carson fully painted Justin was not. I tried Justin's Chaos Dwarfs and took a thump for it.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:42 pm

I started out with a crushing against Justin, crushing against Darren and a tie vs Don.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Andre's Dwarfs against Don's High Elves.

Andre happened to be in Moose Jaw for Saturday morning, so we decided to do what every Warhammer player does - ignore their wives and have a game.  Very Happy 

Andre had an Infantry heavy Dwarf list against my infantry heavy Elves. it didn't take long and we were swinging axe, sword and hammer. When it was over all the Dwarfs had been cut down to a man. The brave last stand of Dwarf lord Alrik Rey Enano, which was literally the last model on the table. The Elves even had enough respect to send back the body of the fallen General to his family.

Andre got 1,649 points from me making at a regular victory for me - neither of us completely painted.

My Dragon Princes on the flank got to his Organ guns before they did too much, and my Frost Phoenix broke twice in the game and kept running until it was a speck on the Horizon (stupid bird). I foolishly accepted a challenge with my Loremaster, before knowing his Dwarf Lord had init 7...and a breath weapon! Fastest flame breath Dwarf I ever did see....which chopped the head right off my burnt general.

As always, had a fun game with Andre and I actually thought by midgame that I was in big trouble after losing my Swordmasters and General, but that's warhammer

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Carson wrote:I started out with a crushing against Justin, crushing against Darren and a tie vs Don.

Is this included in the current standings?

I also got to thinking about our own league after some recent activity in the Regina League. Should we stick to a game point minimum for all games? What's happening is one fellow is raking up the points with 1250-1500 point games (with an army he doesn't even own) while everyone else is playing 2500...unless they're playing him. In a Saturday at Comic Readers, he can have 5 games, sometimes with the same few guys. Possberg and I are discussing this for the Regina group, but I thought I'd get some thoughts here.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:35 pm

I think the easy solution for this is to cap the points earned for lower point battles, say 4 points max or some such.

Another Issue I have is with allowing multiple armies per player in the league. I have no problem with this but strongly feel that, again, the points earned per match should be capped. Its really misleading to look at win loss records and overall points when players are using multiple armies to get these when other players are only using a single army.

according to my record keeping I should have a record of 9wins, 7losses, and 2 ties.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:58 pm

These are good points and this is a great time to bring them up seeing as how we are at the beginning of a new league. Let's take a week or so to think about what we want to see changed, what works and what doesn't and come up with ideas to make our league better. I would love everyone's input, usually when we bring this stuff up one or two people respond and we base our decisions around those people's opinions which may not be the opinions held by the majority of the group.

As for the record keeping, I'll look back and make sure I got everything counted up right. I wasn't as on the ball this time around as I have been in previous leagues so it's possible I missed something somewhere.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 am

Carson, I did miss at least one of your wins. There were also a few instances where I have games in my records that were not reported on the league reporting thread. Particularly from November 24, there were 15 games played that day which were not reported on the forum. When I have time I'll go through line by line and make sure I didn't miss anything else.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm not gonna cry about it but I should of been in the playoffs by win/percentage with these missed games.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Here's what I've got recorded for you:

Carson vs Don - Win - Sept 28 2013
Carson vs Justin - Crushing loss - Sept 28 2013
Carson vs Sean - Crushing loss - Sept 28 2013
Carson vs Justin - Crushing win - Oct 26 2013
Carson vs Sean - Crushing win - Oct 26 2013
Carson vs Robert - Crushing win - Nov 10 2013
Carson vs Andre - Win - Nov 24 2013
Carson vs Robert - Loss - Nov 24 2013
Carson vs Dom - Win - Nov 24 2013
Carson vs Don - Crushing loss - Jan 18 2014
Carson vs Don - Crushing loss - Jan 18 2014
Carson vs Dom - Loss - Feb 1 2014
Carson vs Frank - Loss - Feb 1 2014
Carson vs Justin - Crushing win - Feb 15 2014
Carson vs Don - Draw - Feb 15 2014
Carson vs Darren - Crushing win - Feb 15 2014

If there was a game reported that I don't have here please let me know and I'll add it.  If that gets your average above 5.89 then you'll bump me out of playoff contention and you'll face Brent. To make playoffs you would have had to win by crushing victory, be fully painted and it would have had to be a ladder match.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:04 pm

That's impressive book keeping and it should be mentioned that Nathan has earned any drink he wants from me. We very much appreciate the effort that goes into this - Thanks Nathan!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Quite impressive. Yes ty Nathan. I owe u a drink or 3 myself sir.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Well, it's not THAT impressive if I missed one. To be honest, my league tracking spreadsheet seems to be hanging by a thread. If we make too many changes to the league rules I'm probably going to have to start from scratch.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 pm

No we'll just leave it as it is. My personal score card is 9/7/2. I have no idea on win margins, ladder etc.

Its not a big deal for playoffs just my own personal ego stroking for win/loss

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent_M on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:48 am

Here is my upcoming schedule:
15-22 mar: in Mexico
23-24 mar: free for game
28-30 mar: military ex
31 mar: free for a game
4-6 apr: free for a game
11-13 apr: military ex
19-21 apr: available in stoon
25-30 apr: mil ex
If none of those times work for don based on availability or travel. I could maybe go down to Moose Jaw in April for that weekend but that's about it. I guess the question will be what to do if we can't fit a game in. Nathan do you jump back in and take on don or do you need to play a replacement for me?

Brent_M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:56 am

You're not getting out that easy.  Very Happy  What's a Military Ex?

This sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to come to Carson's April 5 and get a few games in. We can have a crowd watch you demolish my Elves and make it a super fun weekend.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top