big spiders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

big spiders

Post  Carson on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey fellow fanatics...

I have a small project I kind of fell into (by way of Aiden by the way). I'm looking for 2 arachnarok spiders and at least 1 goblin hero on giant spider (I need 3 but would like to have variance.......anyone know of some good alternative figs for this.)

Its a 100 model count army featuring 3 arachnaroks (1 with a goblin great shamen), 3 heros on Giant spiders and about 80 small spiders.

I figure I can paint it in 1 month.

Its my "for fun" army....everyone should have at least 1

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big spiders

Post  squalie on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 am

This idea may change in a month...

1. Aiden's involved.Wink 
2. I certainly know what I'm talking about when it comes to getting excited abou a theme and just "meh" the next week.Very Happy 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:29 pm

Try out the LOTR Shelob model if you can find her. I was thinking of doing the same thing for a goblin boss myself.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:34 pm

I know the den has a large spider fig on the far shelf. it looks like a cool fig and I'm sure attaching a fig from the arack-kit would not be to hard to do. however when i was looking for a cool spider fig for Andres birthday i thought about this one but hesitated because i think assembled it may be too big for the gigantic spider. I'm not sure though, it could work and it was reasonably priced as well.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm

100 spiders, good luck with that after 50 spiders I was getting hairy...lol love to see it though

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Im going to use an air brush for the spiders, the riders might be an effort though. Thanks for the tips everyone.

I hold no illusions as to how good it will be but just being able to field an all spider army is what I'm after. Its funny but Orcs & Goblins will be the largest collection I will have even though I play them the least of my armies.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:20 pm

I've got a GW direct goblin lord on a giant spider. Can't find pic's on the net on account of I didn't look for any but I am convinced you could do this Carson!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 pm

of course you are:D 

I'll take it though for sure....probably won't be in though untul the tournament

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top