August 3-4. Looking for a couple games.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: August 3-4. Looking for a couple games.

Post  Trevor Y. on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:53 am

I've proxied once or twice over the years in recreational games to see if I wanted to invest the money into another unit. Each time I felt like I was doing something illegal or wrong. Heck until my Skaven, I never fielded an unpainted miniature on the table IN ANY WARGAME, because it just didn't feel right... Even now, fielding a lot of unpainted Skaven feels wrong, forget proxies. It is the only way I can play them due to the size and number of models to paint. I will get there eventually... I feel dirty every time I play though... Skaven are dirty though, so maybe that is part of my theme?

I don't think you should proxy regularly, or at all in league or tournament settings where it matters... That is just my opinion. I accept it during the odd meaningless game, but would not like it on a regular basis...

In the heat of the game when you are focusing on your tactics, it is too easy to forget what that proxy is, and as an opponent you can make mistakes in judgement during the game.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 am

Now tell me how you really feel. Haha as i said i believe im to new to this to make a truley educated opinion. But for a game or two casually i dont mind proxies that are clearly identified. I definatly agree with almost every point made by don and trevor. And for said reason i personally would never run a proxy. But wouldnt kick and scream if i had to face one. Occasionally. So Den 1030 everyone? Im planning on bringing DE but for ease of transport and time i may bring WoC

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:25 am

O and ima callin you out Carson. I want that sweet sweet #5 spot. Id challenge Don but we can throw down in mj sometime

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:45 am

Omw boys!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:05 am

Well im definafly a touch early haha

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top