Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Post  Kal on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Me and Justin had another game tonight. was trying out my new Khorne DEMONS!. very fun. 1500 pt game vs Lizards.

Victory For Me

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:34 am

Darren and I had a game last night, his goblins vs my bretonnians. We rolled blood and glory and we both actually remembered that we were playing that scenario! I think that's a first for me. Things started poorly for me and I was fighting to survive right from the start. The highlights of the game for me were:

1. My Bretonnian Lord being charged by an Arachnarok. Before the hideous beast could strike the valiant man of Bretonnia's lance pierced it's foul hide and found it's heart, killing it instantly.

2. My 5 Grail Knights and Prophetess got charged by a horde of night goblins and held for 4 rounds of combat, including 2 rounds where his lord-level goblin rolled 3 1's to wound against the exposed prophetess.

3. My Bretonnian Lord had a thing against spiders as he heroically killing-blowed a goblin character on a gigantic spider as well.

The game was finally won when my 2 trebuchets managed to drop rocks on his general, killing him and dropping Darren to 3 break points. It was a great game and I thought I was finished for sure. Heroic killing blow is an amazing ability and I'm sure it will get nerfed if the Bretonnians ever get another book but for now I'm going to keep rocking it. Thanks Darren for the game. I was painted, he was not. It was a ladder challenge but I keep my spot.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:00 am

Sounds like a fun game!!! Crazy spider slayers!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 am

Heroic killing blow is awesome. Considering the shape of the bretonnian book I don't think it's broken.

If Brets get a new book I think that ability will remain in Some form. It's a very fluffy ability.

Congrats to the Brets! Nathan what's The Lord build?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:00 am

I mounted him on a royal pegaus, gave him the heartwood lance and the grail vow.  The re-rolls to wound are the best part, especially when he gets charged by a big monster.  It means I have 2 chances to roll 6's as that's what I'm usually wounding on vs high toughness monsters when I don't charge.  I think I gave him the enchanted shield to help keep him alive a bit longer as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Clarke - Beastmen - fully painted/ Darren - Ogres - unpainted
Ok, fist off I would like to say that when Hellheart works it works ugly. (Sorry about that) looking at Beastmen I say that I would be in trouble as they are burly, so I added two Ironblasters and a lot of Gnoblars. From my left to right for deployment. Sabertusk, 3 Ogres, 3 Mournfang, 10 Gnoblars, Ironblaster, Sabertusk, 11 Ogres with two Wizards, 10 Gnoblars, 9 Ironguts with Tyrant and Bruiser, 10 Gnoblars, Ironblaster, and a Sabertusk.
turn three the Hellheart killed one Wizard, wounded another, and made the third was a lv 0 after that. Ironblaster were not that affective, Mounfang were checking the sites, his Doombull rallied and beat the hell out of me, that thing is scary, very scary. next time Gobo's will be on the table and watch the green fly.
crushing victory I do believe, league match, his first and he signed up tonight.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:35 am

Who got the crushing victory?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:35 am

Darren, you've got to publish a translation guide.Very Happy

seriously....I would pay money to have all of Darrens posts in one handy reference guide book.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:00 am

Sorry, crushing victory for Ogres. Got a little excited as I have not won very much this league.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Played a game against nathan a yeaterday and his warriors. I managed to kill his daemon prince by turn two with massed shooting. Although I should mention nathan by no means had a power cheese list so the prince was not that though. The rest of the game Nathan had some pretty awfull luck. His warriors got smashed two peices by TWO treemen!, followed by a shaogoth and a large unit of muraders and bsb and lv 2.

Crushing victory for me neither was fully painted

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Sounds like fun guys!. nasty treez they are.

How was the DP kitted out? jw

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Standard lv 4 nurgle with a 4 up armour and five uo ward with spirit swallower and some sword I think they he never got a chance to use. So pretty fluffy.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Ic ic. did it fly? and it wasn't that mean? mine isn't much much different then that.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Me and Justin had another game tonight. 2500pts my Daemons of Chaos vs his Lizardmen

This was a definite blood bath. 6 full turns of combat from turn 2 onward.

turn one I messed up both my cannon shots and otherwise just moved everything into position. his turn one he managed to pew pew my Soulgrinder almost to death with Skink javelins. doing 4/6 wounds. scary. he had a lvl 4 slann with all the high magic spells and a lvl 2 beasts. luckily he failed to cast the fire doom death high magic spell on my horde of letters. cuz that would have hurt a lot. he did manage to charge a Skullcannon and kill it to death with his ripperdaytles. my turn 2 I pretty much charged everything and succeeded even my longer charges. had my soulgrinder run after the skinks. barely managed to win combat and cause them to flee. my daemonettes managed to get into combat with more skinks and kill a lot but 3 left were super brave on double 1's. bloodthirster and a skullcannon that couldn't fire for 2 turns charged a unit of 25 saurus and managed to kill the hell outta them down to 4 but they also stuck around on double 1's. I charged a horde of 30 blood letters and my bsb on a skullthrone into his unit of 25 temple guard with a Slann and his old blood general. his unit had savage beast and wild form on the unit and his general. so my champion bravely stepped forth and declaired "I got this!" only to be cut into tiny tiny ribbons by his Ini 10 Oldblood him getting overkill of 5. so luckily the rest of the unit faired better. with hatred and killing blow I managed to eliminate most of the unit before they got to hit back. I also charged another unit of 25 sarus warriors with 3 blood crushers. rolling quite well with hatred I also caused this unit to flee and overran my crushers so far outta the game they never saw combat again! turn 3. im gonna get most of these dino's wrong. but big scary armored dino rolled in to fight my demonettes. big sharp horn steggo thing charged my Thirster and my skull cannon still fighting the Saurus. Trexy carno thing charged my letter horde. very nice set up for Justin to set up the counter charges. my demonettes cleaned up the skinks but couldn't penetrate the hard dino hide. he still lost combat but stuck around. his stego with the sharpened horns o jeez d6+1 impact hits that do D3 wounds each! he did like 11+ wounds to the Skullcannon completely obliterating it. while my Bloodthirster cleaned up the saurus. my bsb on the skullthrone decided it was his turn to issue a challenge. with the ASF sword I thought I had it. but forgot that the ASF sword replaces the Hellblade which had the killing blow. oops. so doing no wounds he then got his ass kicked by the Oldblood. lucky with all the attacks slaughtering the bsb. the throne with his 2 letters got to killing blow his general. barely. or else that would have gone a lot worse for me. his unit had ONE temple guard left that stuck around on double ones again. but I did manage to make the carno flee and kill his slann. last turn of the game Justin had 3 ripperdaytles left. the steggo and a skink priest. but instead of hiding. he instead (I love this) charged a skullthrone with the priest. charged my remaining letters with the ripperdaytles and set his steggo up to be charged by the Bloodthirster. haha totally awesome. Good Game

Crushing Victory for Me

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:52 am

Everything Dom said was true, I lost solely because of my bad dice rolling lol! 

But actually I'm pretty noob again at this point and those elves and their movement was more than I could handle. Great game though.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:34 am

I'm starting to think Dom IS a Woodelf!

Also, Sean - great battle report! Short but detailed. Good stuff and it sounds like Justin had fun enough, even though he was losing, to take the loss like a Champ. Proud of you guys.

3 snake eyes rolls? Impressive, even with 3 dice.

What was good/bad with the Lizzies list and what was junk/MVP with the Daemons?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 am

I too have felt the sting of wood elf arrows. and wondered if Dom was playing the same game as me as he seemed to be EVERYWHERE!

Thanks Don im working on my retelling memmory a bit. i enjoy typing them out. Yeah it was defiantly a fun game!

the 3 snake eyes caught me off guard i was like WAH!? one guy just stickin around like a boss.

Junk... honestly soul grinder maybe. ill have to use him more obvi. and i don't think im supose to go against rank and file rly with him. altho he does have a stop. but with only 3 attacks at ws3 he rly needs to grab something big and scarry in his claw and pound the hell outta it. Speaking of which does anyone know if i grab something in the claw and make all my attacks against it would he lose models from rank and file or would i just beat the crap outta 1 wound?

MVP: probably my Bloodletters, just cause ive always underestimated Killing Blow. i know how do u underestimate something called Killing Blow. lol but just turning any kind of armor save into Nada was beautiful. it is easy to mvp your giant horde tho lol. but overall the army was very fun!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 am

So was running slann (lore master of high magic). Harmonic convergence, becalming cognition

Old blood on foot w/ stegadon helm and sword that makes him I10. Light armour shield.

Level 2 Skink priest (beasts) naked.

2 units of 20 Saurus spear and shield full command

2 units of 10 skink skirmishers one with blow pipes one with javelin and shield.
Was running both and played them side by side to judge effectiveness. Javelins and shields worked way way better.

20 temple guard full command. Razor standard (I think).
Bunkered old blood and slann. Probably will put old blood in a different unit next time.

3 ripperdactyl riders (toad in appropriately placed with his level 2 disco herald.

Bastiladon with solar engine - decent unit held up vs daemonettes like a boss until turned to lizardburger by the greater daemon of khorne (cock thirster I think it's called). Wink actually wasn't super impressed by it - I think my stegadon would have ended it with impact hits if I rolled decently. Sharpened horns upgrade is a must buy.

Ancient stegadon with engine of the gods - the engine was useless I think I made 2 of its ward saves, the 6" range sucks. I think the bound spell would have been more effective if I was up against anything other than khorne.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 am

The greater daemon definitely wasn't that scarry. and we did a mock combat if the steg got the charge off on my BLOOODthirster. and with a average impact hits taht cause d3 wounds he could very easilly kill the Thirster.

mmm lizard burgers

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Vampires vs Lizards - Me and Carson sat down for a non war machine game that saw Lizard burgers on every plate. Magic was not over whelming on both sides and I have no new models and I set up a straight fist fight and it did not go well. Carson got the crushing victory with both of us not painted. Temple Guard dam near made a come back but fell a few leagues short.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top