Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Post  bluepeople on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 pm

squalie wrote:Justin, could you post your list?
Lords

Sorcerer-Prophet with level 4 upgrade

Heroes

Castellan with battle standard

Daemon Smith with level 2 upgrade

Core

10 Infernal Guard with fireglaive upgrade

23 Infernal Guard with full command

40 Hobgoblins with shield upgrade x 2

20 Hobgoblins with bow upgrade

Special

Iron Daemon with hellbound upgrade

2 Magma Cannons

Rare

K'dai Destroyer

5 Hobgoblin wolf raiders x 2

I don't remember what items I used for the Characters.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:26 pm

I played a game with Nathan A last night. He brought Warriors of Chaos with a zoo's worth of large monsters. It was a very bloody battle but when the dust cleared I ended up on top. My 3 stars of the game were 3. my dragon prince units, one held up both a daemon prince and a shaggoth for 2 rounds of combat and the other steamrolled a unit of 6 chaos ogres, 2. My loremaster who successfully stood toe to toe magically with a Tzeench daemon prince and ended up magicking the chimera to death, 1. His level 2 nurgle sorcerer who managed to kill a single silverhelm before exploding and being sucked into the warp along with half the marauder unit.

Nathan A said that he was going to join the league so I'm going to tentatively add him at the bottom of the ladder and count the game as if it were a league game. Crushing victory for me, it was not a ladder challenge, I was painted and he was not quite.

Thanks for the game Nathan!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Ou more chaos!! Definatly sounds like a bloody game.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Wow, Chaos can be beaten!Very Happy 

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:59 pm

It's true, my Nurgle sorcerer killed alot of stuff.

And its also true that 95.2% of the wounds were chaos, next time he'll have better aim.

And I am in the league! Paid up and everything.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:31 am

Nathan, again - glad to see ya.

Darren came by last night on his way through Moose Jaw and we retried our unfinished game. My Tomb King vs. his O&G. He had Gobbo's (many fanatics) Arach, Giant, Mangler, 2 units Spider Riders with special character, Gobbo boss on Gigantic Spider, bolt throwers, a few casters, etc.

I had a lvl4, 30 archers, 2 units of Necro Knights, 2 Warsphinx, Necrosphinx, 2 X 4 Chariots, Necrotect (Hm, lots of "Necro") and Casket.

Rolled battle line, 8 pieces of Terrain.

It's usually a good game when 2 "not top tier" armies face off and this was no exception. Start of the game O&G army rushes forward, Foot of Gork just grazes me and decides to bounce back and stomp the Giant for 3 wounds. Hee hee. My turn has me shooting his Mangler full of arrows and he shuts down my magic phase. Next few turns my magic rolls were very low and Casket didn't help out, his magic didn't do too much either - especially late game when his Orc Shaman lost all his lvl's and just walked around pointing at things and smelling flowers.

Giant smashes up some Chariots, but gets flanked by Necroknights and they which just roll on through. His Arachnarok ends up over-running into my Archers with Heirophant general, also getting flanked by his Ambushing Spider Riders with character......and the crumbling starts.Very Happy 

The Arachnarok gets beaten down by Knights and Warsphinx's and his Spiders flee a charge, get Casketed, and never look back. The Necrosphinx eats the Gobbo boss on big Spider.

Here's where it gets really interesting.

Darren has a unit of Gobbo's with Boss and BSB that just finished off a unit of Necroknights (nets are annoying). He has archers in a building with a couple fanatics left. I have him surrounded with a Necrosphinx, a Warsphinx, 3 Chariots and a unit of Necro knights. *chuckle* At the beginning of my turn, before charges, I roll some more crumble tests, which haven't really done anything up to that point. Both Sphinxs take 2 more wounds which leaves them with one wound each. Necroknights charge over a fanatic, Darren rolls awesome and the Knights get shattered to bits. The whole darn unit.Shocked 

My chuckles turned into a lump in my throat as I was pretty much extending my hand claiming victory before this and Darren would have none of it. I knew because of init 1 that my Sphinxs had a very real chance of dying before they got to contribute to the fight. Chariots rolled ok and..............Darren didn't do a single wound to the Sphinx's. After much stompage, only the BSB and Boss survived just to get ran over by a Necrosphinx.

The O&G had a bolt thrower left and a unit of wide eyed Gobbo's in a building. I had Chariots, Sphinx's, Casket (which bombed the flower smelling Shaman) and ended up a crushing victory for me. Darren also issued a wildcard challenge, so I don't know how that affects things. I was painted, Darren was not.

I know people say this all the time but it really was a good game and could have gone either way right up to the last couple dice rolls. Honestly how games should be.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:47 am

I see you're making good use of my war sphinxes.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:33 am

Absolutely - you weren't. Wink 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:42 pm

So are you gonna take em off my hands?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Had a game against Franks Dark Elves on Saturday at Comic Readers in Regina. It was looking good for the Tomb Kings when they came into the back room and announced they were closing - at 5, WTF? Anyways, had to call it a draw as we thought we had another hour, but I feel confident that I pretty much had that one. Was a good game and my Necrosphinx killing blowed a Pendant Prince on Dark Pegasus. That was awesome. I was painted, he wasn't.

Today, played justin and his Skaven before Andre and Dom showed up. This was a very, very close game - it seemed. I used a unit of 10 Ushabti and together the Ushabti and Knights made 2 units of rats and whatever surrounds the Bell disappear. Very good unit combo and I think the Ushabti just became a staple, I eventually won the game, but do you know what a warp lightning cannon does to multi-wound models? I do. Holy crap, that thing is brutal good if it gets warmed up. Neither painted.

Next game was Andre and his short Dwarf dudes. We rolled battle for the pass and I thought this was like walking the green mile. Pretty much 3 turns go by before we're punching each other in the face and I was worried about the standard amount of Dwarf shooting. His Warmachines weren't too effective so that was something at least. The only real good combat was his Longbeards vs my Knights, Chariots and Ushabti. I won that scrap, but it takes a lot to cut through all that metal. Simply didn't have enough manpower to pull the win and Andre won with me getting 1400 points and him netting 1815. There was some nervous moments from both sides and even though he eventually cut down my Ushabti, I think they've earned the right to be painted.Very Happy  He was painted and I was not. He was also a true gentlemen during this game while I just sat around yelling at Justin and Sean.Wink 

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 pm

I got two games in as well, first was agianst sean and his dark elves, he conceded turn two. Crushing victory for me.

Next was against seans warrior's, we playedblood and glory with a temple of skulls right in the ccentre. He took turn one in a really agtessive move with his chrusshers shooting straight up the centre on the hill. I responded by charging hI'm with both my treeman and highborn on a forest dragon. I killed a few and made him run. The reat of the game went with us trading casualties. Game ended and we both had 4 points and only 108 point difference in seans favor.

Something cool aboit this game, all though it didn't actually impact much. I had a war dancer noble run on to the temple of skulls and continue to test the gods favour. He ended up with M8 WS9 I 9 and W4. With all that he still fluffed is attacks and died in one glorious motion.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:15 pm

Don that wall of Ushabti was very intimidating and they did not disappoint. SO many attacks and T4 made it so hard to wound with my rats. Tis' a shame my rat ogre fudged so many attacks but 3 attacks certainly would not have saved me from pending doom. My war machines should have paid more attention to that unit off the get go. You forgot it also crushed my Hellpit Abomination in one round of combat. So in total those big bastards were responsible for killing an A-bomb, a unit of 40 skaven slaves, 40 clan rats and my bsb, and also assisted in the destruction of yet another unit of 40 clanrats and my greyseer on screaming bell. I'm a little sad my Warp-lightning cannon was not able to enact complete revenge on that unit. If I did it would have been a lot closer of a game. How many points was that unit? 500?

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Conceded with less then 1000 pts on the field turn 2 with you having 0 casualties Wink. You already run your WE so masterfully that giving you all that room to run with Battle For The Pass was not doing me any favors haha. slaughtered me as usual.

That elf died Extremely Gloriously. he was Jedi Master Elf. but couldn't stand up to my Knights. still took down 2 before he died. Yeah those SC definatly felt the hurt. they shouldn't have ran the damned pansies, Khorne will not be pleased with their SOULS! You had two units that ate my Hellcannon apart! seriously even the horses we're taking bites out of it! and you and your damn 5+ save! I swear if it was a 5+armor or ward you made it. and having to chase your elves around a table while you giggle at me and pew pew me from a distance while I watched Super Elf getting bigger. I definitely was throwing away units to block your path in the hopes of getting ONE MORE BANNER from you. but that did not happen as you out manouvered me as usual. Awsome game Dom always love seeing what you do with WE.

Me and Justin had a game on Sat his HE vs my DE

Justin ended up winning that. I am told I play them too much like warriors so running head first into my enemy every game is not a solid plan. which allowed a horde of spearmen and my hydra to be flanked on two separate occasions. leading to a Victory for Justin. BUT WE WILL HAVE A REMATCH!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:18 pm

10 Ushabti, standard, musician is 520 points.

Do NOT show your flank to a Warpfire Cannon!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Also do not spend 3 turns approaching a dwarven gunline and 2 turns shuffling backwards!
Sean and I had a game as well in which we rolled watchtower but decided to play a capture the hill scenario. I got the victory as Sean forgot what we had set out at the start and was hellbent on destroying my units as he could.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Was definitely a good game Andre. It is true I was definatly out to kill as many Dwarves as a good. I think I did a fairly good job of it as well. but was out maneuvered by your M 3 dwarves which is an odd thing to say. Good game!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:49 am

Ok, I've got these entered into my spreadsheet but I'm not quite sure as to the order of the games for ladder position purposes. It doesn't really matter other than Andre's game against Sean. When did that game happen with respect to Don and Andre's game and Sean and Dom's second game? It's only 1 point but I'd like to be accurate.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:55 am

First justin and don while me and andre fought.

Me and dom had our two games while don and andre fought

Last edited by Kal on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Perfect! I think the points should be right then.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandman on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Non league Game, 1250 points. Neither was completely painted.
Clan Mah-Tik of the Skaven met the dire Chaos Dwarfs on the field of battle, under the command of the little seen Nicodemus.

Although I managed to go first, and even used the storm banner, the blasted HellCannon made a surgical strike and took out my grey seer.  The little rat failed the look out sir roll.  It was pretty much down hill after that.

Although they came in as reinforcement, I eventually lost my gutter runners, after they failed to hit his general.  They were charged and destroyed by his unit of hobgoblins, after a few turns.  The hellpit abomination took massive damage from his Kadai unit, but managed to prevail (after fleeing for two turns), and took them down in the end.  My bunker unit of clan rats were cleaned out, and my stormvermin managed to rally.  He lost his castellan, but his infernal guard managed to run when it was knocked down to 1 unit. The hellcannon finished the HPA.

At the end, it was a crushing victory for the Chaos dwarfs.  He took my general, both banners and a battle standard bearer.  Only a few stormvermin were standing in the end.

Beware the hellcannon!!

Sandman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey. managed to have two games so far this weekend.

Friday night Dons TK vs my DE (we were trying out our 1250pt lists)

Dons Tomb King list was quite fearsome even with the low point value. he had 2 units of Necropolice Knights a unit of Chariots . a Casket of Souls. and a LvL4 in a unit of 20 Archers. Managed to get 3 longer charges off on me on turn 2 charging my hydra with Knights. my unit of Cold Ones with his other Knights and my unit of 25 spearmen with a lvl 2 fire mage in it. he completely obliterated my Cold ones and my hydra down to 0 in one turn! scary! He managed to not score great on his impacts so my spearmen lived. I had my Dreadlord on a Peg that managed to kill his lvl 4 and flank his archers on turn 3. Two spearmen and my caster managed to survive after miscasting Cascading Fire-cloak. Miscast small round template str 10, killing one chariot then his magic turn I rolled an 11 for my cloak and managed to kill the remaining chariots. so on my turn I was attempting to hide behind a rock with my little remaining unit I miscased a fireball on 3 dice and blew my caster and the rest of her unit into oblivion! fun stuff. The Dreadlord was slowly wearing down the archers. each turn Don failing to pass leadership to reform. only other remaining unit of 10 Corsairs with a hidden Assassin managed to flank his knights. killing them. then got popped in the face by his casket and fled towards his other knights. which I ran just out of their front arc, phew. Dreadlord killed the archers and had charged into his casket which blew up in my Dreadlords face. and Don managed to kill the hell outta the remaining corsairs and assassins. so when the dust had settled I had one Dreadlord on a Peg and he had one unit of Necro Knights. tallying up the score I managed to win by 110 points! phew that was a close one. only difference being the general kill points. Smaller point lists are quite fun. makes it easier to focus on a smaller battle.

Saturday Justins Chaos Dwarves vs My DE (trying out a 1250pt list as well)

We rolled ALOT of terrain for this game, we were using the random terrain chart. and managed to get close to 11 pieces of terrain on the table. including a watchtower, tower of blood, a laser shooting statue. and the ever deadly GHOST FENCE! but unfortuantly with our two armies we didn't really have any need to rly go anywhere near any of the stuff on one side of the board. I managed to jump 10 Xbowmen into a watch tower and shoot at some fireglavers for a couple of turns. he laid a magical smackdown on my Hydra with Soulblight and Ashstorm (from the CD book) which most notably made me flammable. so magma cannon smacks hydra in the face with flaming attacks so no regen and rolled 3 wounds which turn into 6 effectively lighting my hydra up like a match all at once POOF. very well played with your silly fire. My lord managed to get a flank charge on a unit of 3 Bull Centaurs holding them up till they fled. my lvl 2 miscasted herself into oblivion again. the main unit of Dwarves with a lvl 4 general managed to miscast away half the unit. pretty much exactly half. The remaining Fire Glaive unit and my archers duked it out in a tower for a few turns neither die doing anything. and my Cold One Knights kinda stood around being stupid. and a unit of Harpies got locked into an epic fight with a Magma Cannon. while Justin rolled 1 for every To Wound for 2 turns haha! In the end Victory for me. Definitely fun playing smaller games, and seeing that Dwarves do not get to bring all of the toys they want too.

Love Rolling Dice As ALWAYS. Looking forward to TOONCON!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Hey I could actually follow what happened, not bad Sean.

I also had a few games this weekend. First off, thanks Dom for making the trip out...it definitely made my weekend!

We played 3 games in total.

game1 Dom win (WE) vs my VC....neither painted

game2 Carson win (O&G) vs Dom (WE)...neither painted

game3 Dom win (WE) vs my VC....neither painted

All three games were very tight and were decided in the last turn......great fun. I'm still having no luck with the VC but I will push on. Worst win/loss record of any army I've played with, but I'm still having fun with them.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Ha! Thanks Carson! Im working on my ability to retell games! Without going i forget what happened and lots of stuff died. Plus wayyyy easier to remember a smaller point game

Never seen your O&G take the table before, cool!

Guess i should have mentioned DE and TK were both fully painted.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:38 pm

So me and Justin had a game tonight. Victory For Me. Skaven vs WoC

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:41 am

Lol, love the detail! I think both you and Justin should explain your games so I'm not the only one that has to listen to both your whining. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top