Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Ok, I think I've got the league points sorted out and the ladder updated. I've also added John (Sandman) to the ladder and changed his game with Darren to a league game. Remember, it's never too late to join the league! Also, please remember to sign up and pay at Dragon's Den as well.

I'm going to have some time for games during the week next week, I can probably swing a game or two in the evening either wednesday or thursday. Any takers?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:01 am

Dom and I faced off in a battleline today. I brought many dwarf guns to counter Doms mobility and archers. The game was actually pretty mundane with us trading shots and dwarfs grounding out magic. Dom closed ranks and proceeded to go through war machine crew. I had whittled several of Doms units down who ran back to his side saving him points (anyone else miss points for partial killed units. I mean one dryad left saved him 143pts) in the end Dom got slightly better than double my kill points but with how many games we have had we each get 2 points. His wizard did transform into a big scary dragon. Meh

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:15 am

Actually, seeing as how it was a ladder match Dom gets 4 points for a crushing victory over you (8+1-5=4 for him and 2+1-5=2 for you).  Your next game against each other will be at -6 points so a crushing victory will still net you 3 points.  If you manage to finish painting your armies you'll get another +1 to work with too.

And I definitely miss the points for half units, especially with Dwarfs.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 am

I never have played with half points. Definatly seems like a different game. So is it dwarven mobility that limits them from cleaning up points?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Its not so much the dwarfs lack of movement that stops them from picking up the scraps, more the wood elves absolute dominance over the movement pbase. I managed to run across the table almost destroy a his shooting ( almost two thirds of the army) and run back all the while avoiding his main combat blocks that I didn't want to fight. The wizard transforming into a great fire dragon while in combat with a unit of ironbreakers was pretty awesome. .. for me. 8 ws8 S8 attacks with 2D6 S 5 breath weapon and thunderstomps.... ouch !

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Definatly sounds bad for the children of stone. Scarry giant dragon wizard. Altho your elves are very moble

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Love the enthusiasm Andre, keep up the mediocre work! Wink

Had a game last night, my TK against Chris' ogres. I was winning, I was losing, then started winning again - but ended up losing. Area effect 4+ reg on multiple ogre units sucks hairy goat balls. Just sayin. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Single biggest problem with 8th edition is the lack of half points..... that reminds of an upcoming tourney....hmmm

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 pm

A tourney you say? Well gosh darn sounds like a plan there son. When where who what how and when?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:31 am

I had a game against Zach last night and the new lizzardmen book. The game wasn't really a good test of the new book because turn two his slann was sucked in to the warp taking 15/18 temple guard with him. turn three an already almost dead from bow fire unit of skinks with a priest vanished because of the same reason taking a handful of archers with him. I then picked away at the easy to fight units leaving the big block of saurus and a scarvet on a carnasour left at the end of the game, with me only losing my wild riders. massacre for me, neither was painted.

It seems to me that they made the lizzard book average, nothing over the top but not to weak either, and some of those new figs look pretty dam cool.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:03 am

Sounds unfortunate for him. What lore was he using? I have a game vs Justins new lizzys on monday. Itll be interesting to see how that goes!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:46 am

Has Zack joined the league now? Did he and Andre also play a game?

Sounds like a bit of bad luck for the lizards. It would have been nice of you to feed his carnosaur a treeman or something just for funsies.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 am

Would a carnosaur eat a treeman? Guess he'd have a high fiber diet that way ha!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 am

I've heard lizard book is average which seems a good thing.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Zach and i did face off in meeting engagement battle. I stopped fighting the Dwarfs nature and returned to the gunline. Zach had to face 2 bolt throwers with engineers 2 organ guns a cannon a runed up grudge thrower and a unit of thunderers. In order to take down the guns he had ironbreakers longbeards and hammerers to deal with. My unit of iron breakers proved tough chewing for his 2 monsters as they were locked in combat most of the game. Zach had some ripperdactyls and a carnosaur with scar vet both fail to close on an organ gun which proved their demise as my warmachines shredded both units. My longbeards with the rune banner of Usain Bolt were successful in flank charging and over running his block of saurus warriors then turning around to make another long charge and over run a unit of skinks late in the game. No there is no Usain Bolt banner but really my dwarfs had a vendetta. My Dwarflord Alrik Rey Enano locked in a challenge with Zachs slann after my hammerers took out the rest of the unit. Turm five my ironbreakers finally broke and were run down giving my guns more targets. At the end Zach had about 400 PTS left. The new monsters could definitly use something

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:25 am

My DE got there ass kicked by Justins lizardmen yesterday. Definatly feels like a solid book. Admitidly neither of us rolled very well. His carnosaur literally did nothing after being locked in combat for a few rounds before dying. Idk what rly held it back. Preditory fighter wasnt rly as big of a game changer as i thought. And with a lvl 4 and a lvl2 with a book i literally never casted a single spell. It was either cubed dispeled or every time regardless of dice i was 1 off casting. So that was fun. Victory For Justin

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm really a fan of the Lizard book, other than the Warriors I think every army is nicely balanced right now.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Pfft Warriors are so balanced Razz.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:12 am

I've never ran lore of Beasts before but it functioned well in spite of how poorly I used it. I put the level 2 priest in a skink skirmisher unit and moved them way too far away from the main battle but the little bit they did really helped. Also ran Tetto'eko (level 2 heavens) Iceshard blizzard is a very helpful spell. I think I might run 2 level twos again. Slann are so many points! And if i kit them out the way i want they are like 600 points.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:14 am

Kal wrote:My DE got there ass kicked by Justins lizardmen yesterday. Definatly feels like a solid book. Admitidly neither of us rolled very well. His carnosaur literally did nothing after being locked in combat for a few rounds before dying. Idk what rly held it back. Preditory fighter wasnt rly as big of a game changer as i thought. And with a lvl 4 and a lvl2 with a book i literally never casted a single spell. It was either cubed dispeled or every time regardless of dice i was 1 off casting. So that was fun. Victory For Justin
I could have taken a cube and a dispel scroll. and you rolled box cars for magic turn one so you earned that cube in your face!

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 am

Rolled box cars and still never got a spell off lol! But i agree if your other lvl 2 was closer to the battle it would have helped alot.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:45 am

So me and Justin had another game yesterday. My Warriors of Chaos vs his Chaos Dwarves. SO MUCH CHAOS

So we both kinda had no idea how Chaos Dwarves worked so Justin was trying out a list and I was being cautious. I got turn one and moved forward slowly. Threw out a purple sun from my DP. and at that moment I found out I had a cursed artillery dice. A few of you might remember that whenever I seem to cast my Plague Storm that it usually misfires on the artillery dice and lands on my head. so the same thing happened again yesterday with the purple sun. So I explained to Justin ok wth. He told me to roll the dice again. I rolled the dice 6 times and 5 times it misfired. so he held up the garbage can and I threw the dice right in XD good bye cursed dice. Now using Justins artillery dice my hellcannon missed but moved enough hinches to land on his Fire Glaive Dwarf units head killing 5-8 of them. go team hellcannon. so Justin's turn one he charged a Kadai Destroyer right into my DP. which I sat there giggling about cuz I had a Dragonbane Gem. if I didn't that thing would have eaten me alive. because even with an awesome Gem I failed my first 2 ward saves against it haha!. he shot some of my guys and didn't really get any dwarfie magic off. He shot a magma cannon and killed 5 of my Warriors and then his Iron Demon (which I am definitely not a fan of this unit I feel its useless) it managed to do nothing to a unit of knights. So my turn I fluff magic again. but my Hellcannon preformed for me AGAIN. direct hit on his 25 Dwarf strong main block. managing to kill 8 or so only but still was nice to roll all them dice. End of turn 2 my DP managed to kill the Destroyer. I had every one of my units in one of his units face. So Justin called the game beginning of turn 3. Victory For Me

Definitely love Chaos Dwarves they are DWARVES AND CHAOS. and they have a very very sexy book. was a good test game we both kinda came away with opinions on what to do differently with the Dwarves and against the dwarves. Good game

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepeople on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Too many hobgoblins. Not enough dwarf.

bluepeople

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Justin, could you post your list?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Ugh so I had two full reports typed out the accidentally clicked off the page so I lost them both. yay. so im not retyping both

Lizards (Justin) vs Warriors (me)

Was a good game his pumped Saurus Warriors gave my Skullcrushers a beating. making them run away. his Special character tizzikio or something like that a lvl 2 Skink priest and his unit of skins fled my Hellcannon turn one which was fun. Lizards are definitely a good army book. tough little buggers and Slann can be pimped out with some nasty stuff.

2nd Game was a 2v1. Mitch and Justin VS Me - High Elves and Lizards teamed up against Warriors of Chaos - 3000 pt game

This one was fun I've never used 3000 pts or had a 2v1. I was using a list with lots of Chosen. some Steeds of Slannesh. Dragon Ogres and a Warshrine and it was definitely a bloody game. they had a horde of saurus warriors and a horde of elf spearmen. as the bulk of the fighting force. Buffs on Saurus warriors again making them ASF and WS IN 10 hurts a lot. I managed to roll a free DP with my Chosen on turn one so that made a nice annoying unit to throw around the field. His skinks shot the hell outta my dogs and my Chaos Spawn. with all those poison attacks flying at you he almost never needs to roll to wound. cuz anything that hit poisoned me. He had no big dino's in this game. Both sides got pretty decent magic off. lots of buffs and hexes with lore of Light (I think) and lore of shadow. was a cool combo to see on both. I chose lore of Shadow and had a lvl 2 Nurgle. Dragon Ogres made it 2" off the starting block before a unit of temple guard with a Slann over ran my Spawn into them. but after getting flanked by Chosen that unit melted down but ONE stubborn damned flag man with his Holy Slann was left in that unit. after 2 rounds of combat. He had a special character in his horde of Saurus called no idea how to say or spell the Lizards names but he was a special Old Blood. Him and my Exalted Hero swung swords at each other for a combat doing nothing to either. Was a fun different kind of game. Justin called the game end of turn 3. Victory For Chaos

That's a partial report without me re typing EVERYTHING AGAIN. grr

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top