Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Post  Mhael on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Dom and I had 2 games tonight. The first a pitched battle that had Dom ahead until close combat in the last few turns wiped out 1100pts while i only lost 700. He got his revenge in the second game. We rolled watchtower with lots of buildings and 2 rivers(oh yeah dwarfs hate water aarrgh). At turn 7 I lost my last slayer and noone held the building as Dom cannon shot my remaining longbeards. I got tabled. Not sure how these are going to count up as spring playoffs are not done but neithet of us were fully painted

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer 2013 League Reporting Thread

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Empire? Poor dwarf souls were lost on this day. Watch tower sounds like fun!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Andre and I got three games in yesterday. We played all three senarios for the tournament this friday with our 1250 pt armies. I won the first. Drew the second andre won the third Soo..
Dom 6 andre 2
Dom 2 andre 2
Dom 2-3
These cumulative negative points are a real bitch I'm not gonna lie. Unless we get more people out for games I vote we get rid of it. Thoughts ?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:20 pm

I agree.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Why would we get rid of the rule?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:07 pm

After some thought I think we should keep the -1 rule. It evens the playing field a bit between the people who are able to play a lot of games and the people who are not. It also encourages people to play everyone, not just a select few opponents which is especially important with so few people in the league to begin with. I'll adjust the points on the ladder to reflect it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

So i found out im supose to be posting the games ive been having againt another player from MJ named justin. He plays HE, Skaven and TK. We have had atleast 7 games that i can remember. Mostly warriors vs skaven or HE. Im trying to get him to join this forum / league. But so far he just plays at dons when he can. Ive won all 7 games against him.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:16 pm

I think there should be a cap on the negative points. We can argue all day on the pros and cons but realistically Dom and i are pretty well done playing this league against each other. I dont feel we should penalize on a cumulative score

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:52 pm

i managed to get a game against Justin from MJ. it was a fun game against a large skaven army. end of the game ended in a draw, but it was a bloody battle right till the end.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:15 am

I think there should be a cap on the negative points. We can argue all day on the pros and cons but realistically Dom and i are pretty well done playing this league against each other. I dont feel we should penalize on a cumulative score

The whole point of the negative points thing is not to penalize you, it's to get you to play other people. The negative will remain as-is. If the only reason you are playing Dom is for league points then I think that the cumulative negative points are a great thing.

In other news, on Friday night in between the tournament games I managed to squeeze in a couple games. One against Geoff and one against Andre. I managed to win both, the game against Andre would be a ladder challenge. I was fully painted, I'm not sure if Andre was. Geoff might be joining the league, hopefully he does.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:54 pm

On the way back from my familys weekend I stopped in at Dons and rolled some dice. My Vampire army up against Dons High Elves. Of course I forgot my dice and tapemeasure at home so Don gave me a cube to use. .....And wouldn't you know it but the dice must have decided that they didn't like getting loaned out. Numerous failed fear and break tests results in a dead elf army. It was total skill on my part to roll like a god by the way......

Second time this league for us, neither painted, massacre win for me.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:48 am

Goblins (Darren) vs Skaven (John) - non league, both armies un painted, and 1250 points. A slug fest, and when you are a Goblin not a great idea. The games was lost until second last turn but I pulled off a crazy charge and got the flank of the generals unit and snagged the victory.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Couple of great games to report from yesterday. Thanks to Darren and Dom for making it out as I had a lot of fun.

First game Darrens goblin horde with Skarsnik and grobspiita in tow faced off against my undead. A couple of risky charges by me put me on the back ropes right from the start.... damn fanatics never seem to work for me but 4d6 hits on a graveguard unit resulted in a single rank of grave guard getting cut down by goblins....awesome. I took control of the game though when Darrens casters died or self immolated. My magic did its trick and I routed the goblins off the field.

Massacre win for me, neither painted.

I was really looking forward to playing Dom as he has had the winning edge in our games recently. Deployment went well and I quickly sent my ghoul horde into his eternal guard unit that had been hit by a curse of years spell. Bloody bloody fight lasting over several rounds finally brought to the conclusion by a dryad flank charge. Thought I could keep them out by moving a skeleton block up but didn't realise that skirmishers slid together when charging making them have a narrower frontage.
Things were looking well for me as my graveguard took down 2 units of wardancers and the terrorghiest ate up some wildriders and Doms caster on a unicorn. The Treeman was the one unit I didn't have an answer for but I had it locked up vs skeletons. Turn 6 had Dom looking for points and sure as shit 4 bow shots, 3 hits and 3 sixes on wound rolls took down my terrorgheist, His treeman, free at last from the skeletons, charged in and ate/thunderstomped the last of the graveguard.
Ended in a draw with a 100pt difference. argh! next time Dom!

Great game, really fun day. Thanks guys

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:27 am

Andre and I threw down last night in a modern-day war of the beard, the glittering host of Hoeth faced the grim-faced dwarfs of Clan Enano. We played the blood and glory scenario and it was a bloodbath right from the start. The dwarf guns were blazing from turn 1 and I knew I needed to close fast otherwise I was going to be in trouble. In the end, it all came down to a pivotal combat between my spearmen (with BSB) and his hammerers (with BSB and dwarf lord). I managed to kill the hammerers (they'd already been softened up by swordmasters) and cause the dwarf lord to flee but it was all part of his plan as his lord fled further than the astonished elves could catch, setting up a dual flank-charge from 2 dragon slayers and a unit of ironbreakers. The spearmen were caught off-guard and slaughtered to an elf which ended the game with Andre sitting at 4 break points and I at 3. I was fully painted, I'm not sure if Andre was (if not he's close). It was a ladder challenge and Andre takes his spot back. It was our second game this league.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:54 am

Played Dom last night at the Den. My High Elves vs his wood elves. He danced around my units with impunity, it was tough to get any charges lined up but my spearmen whittled down his treeman to splinters over the course of 6 or so rounds of combat and 3 dragon princes killed 7 wild riders before finally breaking and running away (leaving the lone wild rider alive with the unit's points). My loremaster was more than adequate competition for his level 4 spellweaver, killing his alter kindred highborn with a fireball and generally helping out with buffs and such. We weren't able to finish the game as the den was closing and although it could have still swung either way, I was in trouble. The next turn would have most likely seen his wardancers (with characters) finish off my swordmasters and my depleted spearmen unit would have been shot to pieces leaving me with 15 silverhelms which would have cleaned up on his archer units. It ended as a victory for Dom, I was painted and he was not, it was a ladder challenge but Dom keeps his spot.

Ben (as in 'Ben the kid is back' on this forum) was working at the Den, I think that's a new development. We talked to him at the end of the game and told him he should dust off his dwarfs and come play some games. There were a few people we talked to actually and Zack was there too. I definitely think we should be playing games at the Den whenever possible, even if they don't get finished just because of the exposure. If people see that fantasy is being played, they may just dust off their own figs and come out to play.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 am

I had a game against Justin last night. me WoC and him Skaven. 6 pieces of terrain and we actually rolled a battle line. so we both set up and I go first. In typical Khorne fashion I march everything forward ha. magic phase my DP reduces a unit of 50 slaves T to 1 and then I used Rancid Visitations. hoping that with T1 they would fail the test enough to get the unit outta my way. but 1st test Justin does passes. so only 5 slaves go down. and that was my best magic phase. because turn one Justin pops my DP in the face with a Warp Lightning Cannon and I fail my ward and he gets 6 wounds. good bye DP. and then also turn one he pops my hellcannon in the face with his other Warp Lightning Cannon and tada fail my ward again and he gets 6 wounds again and dead Hellcannon. so its not looking good for me. he failed the 13th Spell on his casting phase using all his dice. *phew* and his Doomwheel shot some dogs but only killed 1. 2nd turn Chimera charges a doom wheel and the only this to do a would on my chimera is a STR 2 rat that is pushing the wheel super rat I can only assume. my unit of warriors charged his Hell Pit Abomination. but I have Burning Body on my Exalted Hero. so hitting on ini he went first nullified his regen and the rest of the unit cleaned him up. He had a couple of nice pew pews with those rat sniper things taking out 4/5 of my nights and those globe throwing rats killing 2/4 of my skullcrushers. My chariots got some lovely charges off going smash smash. the game ended tho I had 1875 of his points and he had 1150 of mine after chasing down a slow ass fleeing chimera on the last turn. But he was unable to finish off the last Chaos Knight, who in non true chaos spirit was hiding from his snipers behind a building haha. and the skull crushers survived also 4/20 Warriors saving me 425 points. was a very close game and it could have swung either way. Victory For Me - Non League Game

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Had a couple more games one with Justin on Friday night and one with Frank this Saturday.

Game vs Justin - DE vs Skaven. blood and glory

Right from the start I kinda really didn't have an answer to win. the 4 points he contained were 3/4 in his Screaming bell unit with a banner and his general. and the other was in a unit of clan rats that was hiding in the back. So the game was over rather quickly Victory for Justin.

Game vs Frank - WoC vs VC

Battle line. frank has no terrain so just open flat field. Game started out relatively well. for both sides. just moving up nothing fancy. 2nd turn I have the lovely miss fortune of failing 4-6 possible charges I attempted. mr Frank is a definite boss at regen saves. with a 5+ save he managed to save 6/8 wounds on his giant ghoul type things. I failed a few more charges and then fled on some very easy LD tests. game ended turn 4 victory for Frank

Both Non league Games.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:35 am

I just want to let everyone know that I'm going on holidays for a week starting tomorrow so I most likely won't be updating the ladder during that time. I'll sort everything out when I get home. I'll also start the planning for the next Friday night tourney when I get home too.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:46 am

Hey guys, drove up to the Den for a couple games with Carson and Darrin on Saturday. was definatly worth the drive.

Darrin - O&G vs WoC

Decided to do battle line and neither of us cared if we had any terrain so big flat battle field is what it was. This game was a lot of fun. but facing O&G always is. first turn two of his units squabbled with each and fought so neither were allowed to do anything for that turn. gotta love a goblin. Fanatics punched holes in some of my stuff. a mangler and fanatic ran through my unit of Warriors twice so they were completely wiped out. Miscasting turned his lvl 3 into a lvl 1 which didn't help him in the magic phase. we had an epic fight between his giant spider and my chimera. with both sides tieing up combat for two turns till my chimera got lucky and finished him off in one final attack. Hell cannon didn't do much of anything all game but in the last turn I had which I believe was turn 3 or 4 when the only thing not in combat was one lone fanatic flailing about way off in a corner all by himself. and that didn't sit well with me so I shot him and that was the only thing I got a direct hit against ha! So he was super dead. Darrin was trying out trolls and they were definitely holding their own against skull crushers till they got combo charged by a chariot. I ended up killing him to a man. Good Game Darin. Victory For Me

Carson - VC vs WoC

This game was over rather quickly I must say. Im sure Carson will remember more about it then I will. but Carson gained first turn. hiding his giant bat thing behind a Elven Waystone pillar statue thingy. Also flying his scary hexwraiths up. those things definitely intimidated me. I got a long charge off on the bat with a chariot only to get one impact and then miss most of my attacks so we tied combat. So he promptly scolded my chariot to death on his turn. my chimera got charged by his sprit host and ran away like a little girl. Skullcrushers had a lot of fun and with combat rez managed to kill 38 ghouls in one turn! I think they may have taken a wound back. My warriors charged his bat thing and I managed to get mindrazor off on the unit so they quite effectively beat it into dust. Having str 8 is very nice. then they over ran into his main unit of Black Knights with his BSB and General in it. Also with my Demon Prince punching a few Grave Guard in the head atm. He called the game at the start of turn 3. Victory For Me

Both were very fun games. in definitely finding myself enjoying terrain more and more as it adds a different depth to the game. thanks for both the games guys. definitely worth the drive up!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 am

Yes I got my face punched in twice on Saturday.

The second beating I took was from Dons tombkings with his new list featuring 2 warsphinxs and a necrosphinx. It was one of those games. never fight 2 sphinx at the same time....even with graveguard, never assume a knight bus with vamp lord and bsb will beat 4 necro knights. By the way watch out for a centre spell that Don discovered from the Tombkings lore.......ouch!

both massacre losses for me:( 

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:08 am

Don (T.K.) VS Darren (O&G) - Battle line
What a fight, in a day of firsts for me I also got to watch my Mangler roll three threes first turn and be removed. Early on Don was giving me a thumping, but I started to get back into the match. Then we had to call the game, and not sure where we were for points but I was about to lose my Spider as he was left face to face with four big snakes, but he did have a surge earlier for six wounds. Good match.
Draw - I was unpainted - Don was painted

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 pm

My 2 games were talked about already, but I should mention a few things:

the game against Carson was a slaughter against him but it should be noted that my dice were singing. A unit of Necro Knights beat the livin bejeezus out of a unit of Black Knights with a Vamp Lord and a Wight King BSB - true story. I'm proud of Carson holding it together because most men would have flipped the table. I also had 2 Warsphinx's stomp the tar out of a unit of Grave Guard, even with rolling less than stellar on the breath weapons and Thunder stomps. I don't know if they'll end up in my "all comers" list, but they performed well enough that I think I'll paint up 2-3 of them..they're just really cool models on the table, especially when you see 3 in a row.

Now, having written all that the main weapon in defeating Carson was using the area effect Righteous Smiting. When you can affect a few units at the same time and give them extra attcks, then we're looking good. It made some gears turn and helped me finalize how I want my regular list to look and run - so that was cool.

The next game against Darrens O&G went pretty much as he described. I was looking strong at the start, but Sphinxs just don't hold up to Giants and Arachnaroks. Sphinxs are just too slow and venom surge doing D6 wounds is something most don't mention but it sure works!Very Happy I was starting to swing it back when we had to quit, and it would have been great to find out where we ended up but my Wife dragged me away to get ready for our supper date. Next time Darren, but it really was a fun close game - exactly how I like them.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 am

Me and Justin had a game tonight. He played his High Elves and I played WoC

Rolled for terrain and got this cool little Sorc Portal thing that shot off a random spell every magic phase. mostly fireballs at my face. or a hex on me. so I pretty much parked a unit of dogs there from turn one and let them take the magic in the face.

Game was battle line. Justin was using lore of metal which is not a very nice thing atall. popped 7/20 warriors first turn. so that definitely scared me. So not per my usual style I actually decided to hang back a little this game and not go charged full frontal in. Which worked out for me. My first two turns of magic I only got one spell off on a chariot. the augment that all units in CC with this unit have minus WS and INI. I cast the boosted version so -3 to those stats on a Chariot that had run into 20+ White Lions and his General Anointed Guy. completely fluffed my impacts only getting 1, so 2 with scythed wheels. only wounded on one of those. managed to kill 4 in combat. with a lower ini and WS white lions were only hitting on 5's. so I only took 3 wounds and ended up winning combat by 1 or 2. and his unit fled! MVP chariot. so I ran em down and 120 pt chariot got like 600+ points of elf. Only spell I managed to get off all game. Now Justin was controlling my left flank my out maneuvering me with a Frost Phoenix. so I got frustrated and just threw my chariot at a unit of Spearman. cut a few down to size and the Spearmen stayed. then the chariot got rear charged by the Phoenix but the chariot only took 3 wounds so it lost combat by 2 and managed to stick around with a re roll. the Chariot dice were definitely in my favor today. Justin called the game on my turn 3. Victory For Me

Fun game Lore of Metal is not as scary as I first assumed it was going to be against Warriors. Looking forward to facing Justin's new Lizardman army!

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:35 am

I'm curious about that Chariot/White Lion combat.  Just a single Chariot?

Wouldn't the White Lions have ranks and standard?  White Lions are also naturally stubborn, was that taken into account?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 am

A single boss chariot. He did roll stubborn. Rolled a 11 and his bsb is in a unit of dragon princes that were playing chicken with my chaos knights on a flank so no re roll. I had a score of 7 and he hada score of 6 i believe. We counted everything and he counted twice haha.

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top