Phoenix kit+ IoB griffon= 2 Phoenix!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phoenix kit+ IoB griffon= 2 Phoenix!

Post  Galadros on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:12 pm

After some toiling, I have managed to create 2 phoenix by incorporating the griffon and a good deal of chopping and sculpting. Made some YouTube vids of the process. Perhaps this will inspire Nathan, Carson, and other High Elfses.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmAO-KjRHyB45KFmmjTc6sw?feature=guide

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Phoenix kit+ IoB griffon= 2 Phoenix!

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am

Nice work! I'm not sold on the IOB conversion but I can't quite put my finger on what I don't like about it. I think it is a combination of the space between the head and the wings and the position of the feet. The wings should be at the bird's shoulders, here they look like they are coming out of the middle of the bird's back and the feet should be further back. I had the same issues making an eagle from the IOB kit and while I think I solved the issue with the wings, I didn't do anything with the feet and they don't quite look right. That is acceptable to me for an eagle but this is a phoenix we're talking about here, it is the centerpiece of the army so it requires a little more finishing. The painting you did on both is flawless however and they look great.

I'm going to try the same conversion myself so get ready to tell me what I've done wrong!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 pm

You're right that it doesn't feel quite proper. I think it is down to the feet position. If I was to do it again, I'd move them behind the wings and bulk up the fieriness at the shoulders. So, I'd encourage you to try that.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:11 pm

I love how they were both modeled such that there was no need for that silly clear acrylic supporting rod, as I always find that those rods tend to detract from the rest of the model. I thought using the troll as part of the stand was rather nifty.

Planes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top