New High Elves!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New High Elves!

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:22 pm

So, following the rumours found online I made some adjustments to my High Elf army list. It is pretty similar to my old one but I can fit in a bit more stuff. It looks like I'll be doing some more Elf painting in the next little while:

Lords:

- Prince on barded steed with Ogre Blade, Talisman of Preservation, Dragonhelm, Heavy armour and Ironcurse Icon
- Level 4 Archmage, Lore of Shadow, Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Endurance

Heroes:

- Noble with the BSB, Armour of Caledor, Great Weapon

Core:

- 41 Spearmen w/ full command (BSB goes here)
- 14 Archers w/ standard and musician (Hopefully Martial Prowess lets them shoot in 3 ranks so I can keep them in 3 ranks)
- 14 Silverhelms w/ full command

Special:

- 21 Swordmasters w/ full command
- 5 Dragon Princes
- 5 Dragon Princes

Rare:

- 2 Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers
- 2 Great Eagles (2 separate ones, not a unit of 2)

I like it, I have most of the models to make it work and it should be even better than my current list so I'm happy. The silverhelms now hit really hard with 15 attacks thanks to Martial Prowess, I've got twice as many bolt thrower shots for only 40 points more than I was spending in my old list, and I've got 2 eagles to play around with on top of everything that I had in my last list. My magic phase won't be as good without the banner of sorcery but the book of Hoeth should help in that regard. I don't have any of the new toys either, if I added any of them it would be an ice phoenix. I'm not sure what I'd drop from this list to get it but I'm pretty sure I could squeeze it in if I tried.

Hopefully the rumours are accurate and I don't have to do much tweaking once the book comes out.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New High Elves!

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:36 pm

So everyone over on Ulthuan.net is loving the Frost Phoenix. I'd like to add one to my list but I'm not sure where to get the points. Has anyone tried using one? Is it going to perform better than say, 5 dragon princes and 2 bolt throwers?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:58 pm

I've been rolling this around in my head as I'm not entirely convinced its the better choice. It gives always strikes last and -1 strength. I don't think elves care about that as they almost always go first and get wounded by slaps anyways. And I'm thinking in multi unit combat terms. Plus, the flamespyre is a WAY nicer model. I'd certainly like to try it as a cheaper, cooler dragon. I'm considering just painting the Flamespyre blue and kill two birds with one stone. HA - get it?!

Anyways, dragon princes won't leave my list. They've been awesome. I've played 3 bolt throwers in all of my games so far (6?) and can't imagine keeping them considering I can get a Phoenix for pretty much the same points.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:18 pm

I dont get it... If u have two phoenixes next to eachother it would be very hard to kill both of them with one Stone Thrower template... Wouldnt it? Very Happy

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Kal wrote:I dont get it... If u have two phoenixes next to eachother it would be very hard to kill both of them with one Stone Thrower template... Wouldnt it? Very Happy

Not sure what you're referring to?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Two birds one stone comment. Nvm Razz

Did your Lion Chariots do anything in the games?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:58 pm

No, I explained that the Stubborn Lion chariots never got to be stubborn as it was dead before I needed to use their stubborness.. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Ah ic. I vaguely recall that. What are there stats if u dont mind me askin?

Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Well that gives me something to think about at least, I'll probably try them both out at some point. I'm just in a dilemma that I've never had with high elves where I want more things than I can fit into my list.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:33 am

I totally understand. I tried a SKycutter and...I'm not sure. For a few more points I can use Dragon Princes that march 18" and do waay more wounds, better leadership, armour save, etc. I love the Skycutter model, but really don't know how many times I'll use it before I simply won't.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top